White Mage Where to go.

Discussion in 'Disciples of Magic' started by Beefylee, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Beefylee

Beefylee Adventurer

I've reached a Plateau with my white mage. I have Ilvl 94 but am completely unsure as to what I need to do to get better I have no static and I like to do Endgame but I've not beat turn 4. I've only just beat 'ruda EX but I feel like I don't know where to go. I know I need to Upgrade my gear but what are the best options for me??

Do I need to Grind WoD or Ex primals?? I love the idea of my relic weapon is it worth it?? Grind Roulettes for Tomestones??

Ant help or advise would be great

thanks

2. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    I recommend doing Syrcus Tower until you're full i100 at the least from drops from there. ST gives you
    1) Sands of Time for the SOLDIERY i100 gear to make the i110
    2) Oil for accessories for the same gear
    3) A tomestone that lets you get a free i110 weapon with a sands

You'll want soldiery saved up as well, naturally, to continue to buy these pieces to immediately upgrade.
    I honestly cannot say if your relic is worth it as I found it a waste of time with expansion around the corner. Bear in mind that the relic is a time or gil sink eventually, thanks to materia you infuse into it being expensive, unless you three stat it.

3. Hermes

Hermes Scion

I agree, getting syrcus tower gear, and now world of darkness gear (now that loot drop is unlimited) would be good for your immediate gearing... I might even favor the WoD gear if you have no desire to get soldiery gear upgraded (sands/oil).

Unless you're close to the shiva weapon, the new tombstone can be gotten from the weekly CT quest. With 10 poetics tokens, you'd get a 120 weapon, which would be a fine alternative. It would mean you forgo the poetics gear... But with the expansion so close, the WoD gear is plenty good to get you there.

4. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    WoD/ST for left side gear. Pick up your accessories using tomes. This'll get your ilvl caught up quickly, after which you can start prioritizing your preferred stats based on what gear you have access to.

Unfortunately the EX Primals currently don't drop much that's useful, other than Shiva and that's not even all that fantastic. T1-5 loot won't be especially valuable to you either, and by the time you can farm T6-9 you'll probably not have use for the gear that drops there on your main job, though it's great for your alts. I've never been a fan of paying for carries, but it's almost worth it if you're looking to catch up specifically in Coil, to the point where the loot will serve your main class.

Relic is worthwhile, but if you're trying to catch up in gear, it'll slow you down considerably, and the weapon itself is never super impressive for very long before more easily obtained alternatives come along.

Hermes likes this.
  5. Sai

Sai Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Paying for carries? This is a thing? o_O

6. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    It is a thing and quite successful for older content. A little more successful for T10-T13 now that people can 7 man it.
    Some people just don't want to learn fights themselves sometimes...or are farming for something and are sick of losing it. Like ponies.

7. Beefylee

Beefylee Adventurer

Thanks for the advise I think I know what i'm doing tonight when I get home from work. I been looking for a reason to do the gift of the acrhmagius quest now i'm gonna get all the good loots has made it more appealing :greed:

Hermes likes this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Scion

If you don't mind hunt farming, I'd do this as well for additional soldiery for any soldiery pieces and unmarked logs (to upgrade poetics) - and I'd agree w Matt.

WoD for the left side
    Soldiery/poetics for right

If you want to save up for ironworks weapon, go soldiery on right and stock pile poetics tokens (need 10) to turn in with tombstone. Use oils to upgrade those to 110.

Alternatively, buy poetics accessories and upgrade those to 130.

But WoD gear on left will save you time.

GeekMatt likes this.
  9. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I use to think it was stupid, like paying someone to play the game for you, but at the time there wasn't much content at endgame. Now with coil having 3 tiers and 2 major walls, it can really lock you out from playing with your friends for a long period of time if they're on final coil and you're on first, all while not really gaining much of value for your efforts.

Personally I'm locked into second coil, but that suits me just fine because it's where I get to progress with friends.

Sai likes this.
  10. Hermes

Hermes Scion

Ya - I've gotten stuck in second coil too. Most statics work at t9 so late... Usually from 10pm-2am EST... I'm rarely allowed to stay up that long (without getting an earful).

In the past month I've only gotten 2 PF runs in to learn the fight... *sigh*

While I would love to clear... But I don't want to buy or get a carry. I want to earn it. PPL generally know who'se been carried anyhow...

11. Beefylee

Beefylee Adventurer

So in 1 night i Jumped from Ilvl 94 to Ilvl106 and now i have a badass hat
    [​IMG] I LOVE IT thanks for the advise as soon as i can afford 6 more tokens i get an Ilvl130 weapon. life is good again :swoon:
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 3, 2015, Original Post Date: Apr 3, 2015 ---
    Also when I won my pretty hat I had a SCH in my group and as soon as I won he had a bitch fit and refused to heal until we kicked him. is this normal?? do you see a lot of this in your travels through final fantasy 14?

Doc Wagon, Sai and GeekMatt like this.
  12. Sai

Sai Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Wow really? That is ridiculous. But congrats on your hat!

13. Beefylee

Beefylee Adventurer

yup started yelling that that hat is not for WHM its designed for SCH and i should never have rolled on it. i managed to keep my party alive druing the atmos section of WoD but he still refused to heal during Cerberus causing a wipe. so he got kicked it was very childish but some people are unreasonable :)

14. Sai

Sai Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Heh and how's he to know you don't have a scholar sitting around somewhere too? :solitary:

15. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Currently wearing that hat on my SCH and WHM. And I play WHM a lot more

16. Beefylee

Beefylee Adventurer

As it goes I does have a sch but Iplay that job a lot less. I understand how the mitigation works but I like to see those bars jump up and my whm makes that happen. trying to predict hits I find a lot harder and just end miss timing and then hving to straight heal anyway.

This is a little off topic but medica 2 what are you opinions, I'm finding I like this less and less. as a fresh 50 I all boom swiftcast medica 2 and were all good but now I find my self using medica and then self applying the regen to people who need it not sure how mana incentive that is but I feel more in control that way. also that way I'm less likely to pull hate when a phase is pushed E.G. 'ruda EX when her sisters turn up.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    delta5ff likes this.
  17. Sai

Sai Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I love medica2. Probably too much. I just like the security blanket it gives me. It'll be healing ppl while I do some focus healing on the more hurt ppl. Like a little buffer zone of safety.

But I'm also a new whm (new to the game really) so I'm still learning. I love regen too but have learned when in dungeons to apply it only in the beginning of a pull because if it lingers after to the next pull then I get all the hates! :(

18. Beefylee

Beefylee Adventurer

Are you aware that the person with the buff can click it off before the next pull? i have had to tell people this in dungeons and this made the runs smoother but i dont rely on the tank or anyone else knowing this little tip.

Sai likes this.
  19. Sai

Sai Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    You can turn regen off???!?! :dizzy:

That's wow, I'm going to have to test this tonight. Probably easier for PC folks tho

Beefylee likes this.
  20. Beefylee

Beefylee Adventurer

I play PS3 and don't find it that difficult because I normaly want to do it after a pull so I have time to push select a few times and click it off.