Warrior Warrior+Ninja = awesomeness

Discussion in 'Disciples of War' started by Caimie Tsukino, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    With the advancement of the recent ninja armies, it came to attetion that my Warrior pairs up with them very nicely. I have been playing Warrior in Fate parties with 3 ninjas. and in dungeons with 2 ninjas. And Goad is just "goaden" (golden). Warrior is the one class that i find difficulty in TP management. But with ninjas taking turns on using goad, I can now pull huge mob groups and keep them with me tightly with overpower and i dont have to worry too much about TP. You can say Ninja AoE not as strong as summoner or blackmage, but they're still pretty damn strong in killing stuff. They are just squishy, and that's why Warrior's overpower is great in protecting the fragile ninjas. It's a very mutually beneficial relationship.

2. Tharian83

Tharian83 Crystal Brave

Server:
    Sargatanas
    Bard too has the advantage of helping with TP Management for the Warrior. And in fact the Army's Paeon lasts longer than Goad does I do believe. That said there are better Bard Songs to be used in most scenario's. Though the Army's Paeon does tend to help the Bard itself at times when using mass AoE's...

3. praysolace

praysolace Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Warriors and Ninjas do go beautifully together. I've been saying for ages that I would run over a box of homeless lalafells to be able to cross Invigorate. Bards may have Paeon but it's rare that I need TP badly enough to nerf the Bard's DPS and there isn't a White Mage who needs MP even more. I only ask for Paeon if I've just been res'd or I'm having a really hard time on a long fight. (Would've killed for Paeon in T4, but the Bard was too busy playing Mana Song for the WHM.)

Warriors and Ninjas: the peanut butter and chocolate of tank/dps combos lol. I can even neglect Storm's Eye because the Ninja's throwing up his own slashing damage buff!

I've not gotten to play my WAR with Ninjas in situations where I have TP issues very much, though next time I get Sastasha for my expert roulette and have a Ninja I'm going to ask for Goad in that last pull with the crazy number of adds and then just Overpower the s**t out of them. I have, on the other hand, been (as Rogue) the main reason a learning Marauder in Haukke Manor could manage himself, since he was losing aggro left and right without Overpowering himself out of TP. (I also had to Stoneskin until I ran out of MP—which didn't take much, I can only do it 3 times as a Rogue—when all the adds popped up in the final boss because the Conjurer couldn't keep the tank up otherwise. Who says melee DPS can't play support? :p )

4. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    Bard's Paeon is just usually not quite worth it unless it's like a really critical moment for TP.... Most of the time, if a warrior sees his TP low, he'll just use less overpower, and rotate more on the mobs using single-target attack combos. The only time when a Warrior needs to burn TP is when she/he pulls a large group, and the DPS + healers are massively AoE-ing. And if that's a situation where the DPS is a Bard, Paeon is only gonna make matters worse by lowering Bard's DPS by 20%, delaying the killing of all those mobs. Not to mention it take like 3 seconds to sing a song, further delaying DPS... Might as well just let Bard increase DPS instead to kill faster, before the Warrior runs out of TP... In contrast, goad doesn't affect DPS from Ninjas, and that's just goaden!

praysolace likes this.
  5. Tharian83

Tharian83 Crystal Brave

Server:
    Sargatanas
    this is why I honestly prefer the macro syntax I am using on my Bard that ultimately saves me a veritable crap ton of TP. That way I can relegate my use of Songs primarily to Foe's Requiem and Mage's Ballad and nothing else. And Foe's Requiem doesn't reduce DPS output the way that the other two songs do.

But your right Caimie, overall as far as TP management goes, Bard is probably just not as good at it as Ninja is.

6. KazeUindo

KazeUindo New Member

Good thing Warriors cannot learn the skill Goad. Can't imagine what that would dom to the balance of tanks.

7. praysolace

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Nothing, since you can't Goad yourself.

I want Invigorate. *staaaaaaaare*

8. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    Yeah i wish i can goad myself, it would be goada.
    Warrior +Nin is hands down for sure a great combo, PLD+Nin, meh but then again some PLD's complain if they don't get goad, haha
    Still great to have a Bard just in case need Paeon, Ninja tp consumption is like that of Monk now with the nerf.

9. KazeUindo

KazeUindo New Member

More so implying they could Goad themselves. I swear eveyone in my FC wants Invigorate lol

10. praysolace

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Except the spellcasters, I assume XD

11. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I would like more Jobs like Nin in general. Its really reignited my drive to play.

But hey Nins get invigorate, who needs self Goading :)

12. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    LOL, when did PLD start running into TP problems? Well, unless the PLD keeps using stuns and Shield Lobs non-stop (you can't stun more than 2 times anyway, the stun time will reduce to like 1 sec or less). What PLD has is MP problem in my opinion. I now take with me a stack of X-Ether for PLD. But still, it's only 1 extra Flash... Riot Blade helps, but doesn't resolve the problem like Goad does on Warrior. I usually ask Bard to sing Mana Song after every big pull... But unlike Ninjas, Bards don't seem to be too responsive most of the time... and I would just end up standing there waiting for MP...
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 15, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 15, 2014 ---
    It's so common now for me, after each big pull, I'll be standing and keeping the party waiting... and I'll say "Need MP" if I'm PLD, or I'll say "Need TP" if I'm Warrior. :p

13. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    Yeah i know right, one Pld in ST rage fitted once saying no Good Ninjas tonight because i guess i did not use Goad on him for the first room, so i responded back saying well There is no good tanks either, he responded if you don't like my tanking the door is there.
    Group vote dismissed him, lol
    But true PLD is really more so mp not tp, he was just terribad.

racooperii likes this.
  14. praysolace

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Hahaha! A Pally got his panties in a wad because he didn't get Goaded in the first room of ST?? Lordy boy, I don't run out in there and I'm a Warrior!

Enter the lolpld.

Ish and racooperii like this.
  15. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Ran Haukke to level my Ninja, level 50 PLD could not hold aggro to save anything...I can forgive new tanks but if you're i90 you should be able to sleep tank in Haukke.

KazeUindo and praysolace like this.
  16. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    Sort of true i would hope, but many many tanks have been geared up in soldiery gear because of..... .... hunts
    So that can explain the lack of tanking, lol

17. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

That's why I'm only leveling my tanks in dungeons. Got pld to 28 and war to 31. I'm enjoying war more at the moment but I'll reserve judgment until I have both at 50