Warrior WAR rotation question

Discussion in 'Disciples of War' started by nobopyon, Aug 6, 2014.

1. nobopyon

nobopyon Crystal Brave

I finally decided to level up my WAR recently, and still learning each skills. As always, I look around some online guide/rotation for the class, and I came across a few, and including a post in this forum. ( http://ffxivrealm.com/threads/the-best-opening-rotation.11376/#post-163195 )

It was suggested the very good rotation, which I can simply just memorize the rotation and use it, however, I rather understand why each skill is used in this particular order. I asked in the thread if poster could explain for me but haven't heard from him.. so decided to put this question up here.

Here is the rotation

Tomahawk > Heavy Swing > Skull Sunder > Butcher's Block > Heavy Swing > Maim > Storm's Eye > Vengeance > Heavy Swing > Unchained > Skull Sunder > Berserk > Butcher's Block > Brutal Swing > Heavy Swing > Internal Release > Maim > Storms Eye > Heavy Swing > Skull Sunder > Butcher's Block > Inner Beast.

If someone pro WAR is kind enough to break them down and explain reasoning behind the rotation, I'd be much appreciated!

2. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Crystal Brave

I just hit 50 on my WAR a week ago or so and from what I gather of that rotation it's a cross between maintaining hate and maximizing your debuffs on the target to increase your survivability. I'm actually surprised Storm's Path isn't in that rotation. It decreases damage dealt by target by 10% (and heals you for 50% of the damage dealt). Combining that with Storm's Eye (decrease target's slashing resistance by 10% and HP recovery from healing by 20%) is what I always try to achieve. Not always successfully mind you. I find Storm's Path a lot more essential, but someone who has played WAR longer can explain otherwise if that is in fact untrue.

It's a good general rotation as far as I know. The only real difference for me is starting with Infuriate and Unchained as I run in to tomahawk and start my rotation. HS > SS > BB > HS > M > SP > V > HS > SS > BB > HS > M > SE > etc etc.

I'm new though, so I'm as eager for a response as you are. :)

nobopyon and GeekMatt like this.
  3. nobopyon

nobopyon Crystal Brave

I'm actually guessing, second Storm's Eye is probably Storm's Path.... that seems to make more sense, plus on the other guide I found online is pretty similar to the rotation and has Storm's Path on the second one he says Storm's Eye.

this is how I understand/guess the rotation is going for

Tomahawk > Heavy Swing > Skull Sunder > Butcher's Block
    simply just opener
    > Heavy Swing > Maim > Storm's Eye
    debuff on boss
    > Vengeance > Heavy Swing > Unchained > Skull Sunder > Berserk > Butcher's Block > Brutal Swing
    giving max dmg you can give while boss has debuff on = more hate

> Heavy Swing > Internal Release > Maim > Storms Eye (path)
    self buff
    > Heavy Swing > Skull Sunder > Butcher's Block > Inner Beast.
    not sure what this for... i guess to give the inner beast at the end of the rotation?

My next quettion will be what is maintenance rotation after this? and don't we want to use bloodbath, featherfoot and other skills in the rotation?