Warrior The Warriors F.A.Q.

Discussion in 'Disciples of War' started by Noilane, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Noilane

Noilane Adventurer

Hey Guys,

i just wanna create a F.A.Q. with your help to help future Warrior Players :)
    So just ask your Questions and i try to answer them and post them in the first post.

Why i think i can answer the questions?
    Well i love to theorycraft + i played severel MMO's on a Hardcore Progress Level.
    Also it feels like i am the only Warrior raiding and Tanking after Titan Hardmode. (atleast on Shiva)
    I can give u Tips for Tanking(including boss tanking up to Turn 4 cuz i cannot talk about our turn 5 strats) Cooldown usage and many other stuff.

So lemme hear your questions my fellow Warriors!

2. Titanroll

Titanroll New Member

Hey Noilane. I'm feeling dem endgame warrior blues - nobody wants us, and it's getting old. Titan fights? "Let the pally tank". "But hey, I'm a very good player and have great gear!" "Doesn't matter, he's easier to heal".

These past few days I've been attempting Caduceus in turn 1. I've been in several groups and nobody likes the wars tanking. Last night I went on a FC run, and as luck may have it we had two war tanks. I have a relic and full DL gear except for 3 slots which are myth ilvl 90 pieces, and the other war is similarly geared. Both us wars had around 7.2k health with defiance and without buffs. All night long the healers and dps were whining about how much easier the fight was with pallies instead of wars as tanks. And truly, we wiped often not because someone f*cked up but because the healers couldn't keep up. I can only assume it gets worse in turn 2 and beyond as the average incoming DPS ramps up and the breach between pally and war grows.

I was hoping for a fix, but after Yoshida stated in an interview that "warriors are very strong and nub players need to L2P" it seems highly unlikely SE will feel inclined to fix something they view as not broken. What's your take on this disparity between pallies and wars in endgame content? How much worse does it get after Turn 1? Do you see the same kind of universal rejection against wars being MTs in endgame content?

I kinda foresaw this happening and already have a pally leveled up to his early 40s, and I'm seriously thinking about making him my main instead of war (lucky for me, the myth pieces I already bought can be used by both classes). What do you think about switching to pally?

3. Noilane

Noilane Adventurer

Hey Titanroll,

Yeah i know the Warrior endgame Blues.. the Problem is that lets say 90% of our Warrior comrades don't know how to play properly for myself i had some really akward moments.
    I saw a Pug looking like 1hour for a Tank to do Titan Hardmode one night in Mor Dhona i telled the leader i can help out (at this moment i was allready nearly Full Mythology/Allagan geared (except accesory) but the leader just laughed at me and told me to get lost since Warriors cannot Tank Titan.

Well we have three Problems atm with WAR Tanks.

1:Most Warriors don't know how to Handle Inner Beast and other Cooldowns
    2:Healers are Lazy as f**k and don't know how to heal a Warrior since this requires some other healingstrats
    3:Bad Reputation

here some little Tips for you :)

Crossskills:
    Provoke (ultimate Tool and needed for nearly every encounter in Bahamuts Coil)
    Flash (our kinda TP regen Tool for AoE Tanking)
    Conveleance (MUST HAVE! more detailed info below)
    Featherfoot (well a def Cooldown saved my ass many times)
    Internal Release (combine it with Inner Beast!)

Cooldown Usage:

Low to Medium Damage:
    Featherfoot or Bloodbath

Medium Damage:
    Foresight

Spike Damage:
    Internal Release + Inner Beast
    Infuriate
    Conveleance
    Thrill of Battle

How to use your cooldowns:

Okay some straight information about clever cooldown managment

Lets say we are Tanking Cacadeus(or what this snake thing is called again)
    We are at 6k Health since we got allready Hit but Parried 23% of the incomming damage.
    Pop Foresight cuz u know the next hit will be a hard hit. If foresight is on cooldown be Ready to use Inner Beast combined with Internal Release IMMEDIATELY after ur Inner Beast u wanna use Infuriate to get back the 15% extra Healing on you if Infuriate is not ready to use u have to pop Conveleance to have a Healing Bonus while u Stacking Wrath back to 5.
    If u have 5 Stacks of Wrath but both Conveleance and Infuriate are on Cooldown use Thrill of Battle.
    It is important to have the 15% extra Healing up the whole Fight!

Don't be affraid to ask your Raidgroup for some Defensive Stuff (Eye for an Eye, Sacred Soil, Rain of Death, Virus) everything that will help u stay alive is GOOD :D

About Healers:
    Lets have a Look at my Raidcomp.
    Tanks:
    War + Pal

Heal:
    WHM + SCH

DPS:
    2Bard
    1BLM
    1DRG

okay healers maybe u read that ;)
    U allways want the Scholar take care of a Warrior Tank!
    Lustrate is a 20% max hp heal wich scales fkn awesome with Warrior Tanks
    Place Eos or Selene near(not in cleaves) the Tank she will prioritize the Tank

well i hope u understand my bad english xD and i was able to help u

Greetings

Noilane

Unedus and Black Superman like this.
  4. Euclid

Euclid New Member

For a WAR in full dl with the ilvl 80 relic and yet to be able to find a BC raid group, what would you suggest spending myth on first? I'm thinking of doing helm and chest first since the ilvl 90 helm is reportedly on turn 5. Thoughts?

5. Noilane

Noilane Adventurer

i went for boots(i had turn 2 pants) -> gloves (default upgrade) -> chest +(hoplite) since it is better then the dl combo + the myth chest looks awesome

don't buy the head cuz it has skill speed on it (our weakest stat)

in your case i would suggest to buy the chest first and combine it with the hoplite circlet
    after that u can go for gloves :)

Euclid likes this.
  6. Euclid

Euclid New Member

Thanks! Speaking of stats, do you happen to know what the accuracy cap is in BC to not miss? Also, i've heard talk about str breakpoints associated with parry, do you know what the actual breakpoint numbers are? (Right now i'm 100% into vit, but if i'm close to a str breakpoint it'd be nice to hit it).

Also, I haven't really heard much in regards to dex and how it effects parry rates ... does it have breakpoints as well?

7. Noilane

Noilane Adventurer

8. Gonzothegreat198

Gonzothegreat198 Adventurer

One thing to add to this, internal release, is nice to use with IB if its up, however Berserk is the one you should always look at using. The best way i've found to use IB, is with Main/Slashing/Berserk which will give me around a 2k heal at my current gear, and i'll use internal release when it's up. I usually am popping IR everytime its off CD since its not as reliable a dmg increase as berserk is when combined with IB.

9. Aelemar

Aelemar New Member

As a War myself, I have tanked multiple Titan runs and so far and haven't had much of a problem. I returned to my version 1.0 character about two weeks ago, and just recently completed my full DL set and relic weapon.

When it comes to Inner Beast, I agree that it is an excellent combination with Berserk. I usually conserve my Infuriated status for any moment in which my HP drops below 50% during the fight, and if it does, immediately hit Berserk and Inner Beast right after, continued right away with Infuriate to return to Infuriated status (and be able to self-heal again in case of emergency).

When it comes to Phase 5 on Titan, I save all my cooldowns, and right at the beginning before he does Table Flip, I hit Convalescence (to help the healer) Berserk, Inner Beast, and Thrill of Battle, and as soon as he does Table Flip I hit Infuriate followed right away with Inner Beast again before Berserk runs out.

Throughout the last Phase on Titan, I consistently save Infuriated status and Infuriate for when he does Table Flip. After the initial Table Flip, Titan always does "Rock buster" (or something like that) followed right after by Table Flip. So, I hit Berserk (and Convalescence, and Thrill of Battle, if ready) right after he does Landslide, after which he hits me with Rock Buster, after which I hit Inner Beast right before he does Table Flip, (usually more than enough to bring my HP up a good amount to withstand it) and right after Table Flip, I hit Infuriated followed by another Inner Beast.

I use Internal Release whenever it's available, since it's very unreliable when it comes to damage for Inner Beast. If it's available when I use Inner Beast in the situations described above, I use it together with Berserk, otherwise Berserk is just fine on its own.

Of course, I alter this as necessary depending on the skill of the healers in charge.

The highest amount I have healed myself with IB so far is 2803 on Titan :)

I can say to my fellow warriors that, we have very decent self-healing abilities. Use your judgment and use them when necessary to help out our healers ^.^

IGN: Aelemar Galaeth, Ragnarok server.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    Noilane likes this.
  10. Santi432

Santi432 Adventurer

This is great help I'm just starting as a MRD anyone know a good guide for basics and all?

11. GenRiur

GenRiur Crystal Brave

12. Noilane

Noilane Adventurer

yeah but sum stuff gonna change next week

13. GenRiur

GenRiur Crystal Brave

Indeed, can't wait to try them out.

14. Santi432

Santi432 Adventurer

So is that the skill rotation everyone uses?

15. Ormond

Ormond Adventurer

Good starter guide, Noilane! Thank you! I am a bit intimidated to make a Warrior now though... And don't kid yourself, your English is probably better than a lot of kids in our country (sad but true)....

16. Noilane

Noilane Adventurer

i have to update it the next days since we got sum changes in 2.1 but well work keeps me super busy :arghh:

Nevan likes this.
  17. Nevan

Nevan New Member

I've started to play after the 2.1 hit the game, so the information discussed on this thread is outdated or just some small instances?

18. Scape

Scape Crystal Brave

It's almost the same. You do need to try to squeeze some other skills into your rotation now. And probably, Inner Beast should probably now be used just about every time it's up.

Nevan likes this.
  19. Nevan

Nevan New Member

Thanks Scape =)

20. GenRiur

GenRiur Crystal Brave

It is a bit different now, Innerbeast should almost be used everytime it is up as there is almost no point in keeping stacks of wrath, I tend to wait until I take a massive hit from a boss to use it though. Apart from that its just making sure you keep Storms Path up and use vengeance often.

OH and holmgang when things look grim. I have noticed some massive changes in tanking now, as soon as the patch game out my coil group made me to Warrior and maintank Cad, previously the healers were having trouble healing me at 2-3 stacks, now I can easily take hits at 4, loving it.

Nevan likes this.