White Mage Raise in battle

Discussion in 'Disciples of Magic' started by AG779, Feb 5, 2015.

1. AG779

AG779 Adventurer

We ran Brayflox, tank dies toward the end, I thought I could raise during battle, but it would not let me. (Lvl. 49) Not sure why. I had him selected, I had enough MP, ....any ideas?

2. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    WHM, SCH and SMN have battle raise at that level. Are you using a macro? They're notoriously tricky to get use to.

Theres a number of things that it could have been. It's possible the tank accidentally declined the Rez. If your Raise was at the start of it's CD after you used it, this is probably why. If the raise or swiftcast was part-way on CD after you Raised, then they were probably still on CD when you tried to raise, and that's why it didn't work (Raise has a long cooldown time. ) If you used Raise and it didn't go on CD after, then it never went off, meaning whoever you were targeting could not be raised, or your cast was intereupted, which could be by you moving, or you getting hit, which is likely to happen if the tank is dead.

3. Hermes

Hermes Scion

Matt's right, you are having a technical glitch with your skill - I don't use a macro to swift cast resurrection here for this reason, as it would invariably get stuck or interrupted if I had to dodge before firing.

4. AG779

AG779 Adventurer

I had him selected, was practically on top of him and it wouldn't light up to use it. I hadn't used it recently. It was just odd. Thankfully, it didn't stop us from finishing the last boss, but, it was irritating and it worried me a bit should it happen and I really needed to raise someone. I don't have swiftcast, yet.

5. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    ?
    Raise has no cooldown aside from the standard 2.5s of a recast. Regardless, a hard cast would be 8s, so it does not apply here.
    I'm not entirely sure as to why you could not raise the tank, unless you were tanking. I'm not sure if you tanking would make it so raise would not light up but I do know if you get smacked, you will not be able to cast the spell.

GeekMatt likes this.
  6. Crimson Requiem

Crimson Requiem Scion

I have seen this glitch happen before. It's rare but I've had parties where the WHM or SMN couldn't raise whomever for whatever reason. It's was strange. I haven't had the glitch happen to myself before but I have seen people complain or mention it before.

7. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    You know what's funny is I remember correcting someone else who said Raise had a long CD. It's just the cast that long.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 6, 2015 ---
    Another possibility is if you had momentary connectivity issues. It happens to me lately and it's a bit frustrating, I'll use a skill and then it'll behave like I'd never done it.

racooperii and AG779 like this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Scion

Swift cast does have a long cd; which is why I don't link these in a macro. But there also is a small delay after you swift before the res is available, and I've gotten into trouble with that "/wait 1" macro, in the past. I also have seen that non-targeting glitch, and am guessing that's what happened-

However, equally as plausible, the tank decided to ignore the raise? Would that keep you from being able to recast?

9. AG779

AG779 Adventurer

Weird, right? After the boss died, I raised him with no problems. I was just disappointed that it wouldn't work during battle. For whatever reason.

10. Hermes

Hermes Scion

Wait till you start to hit lag spikes when you bene... Then you will rage.

AG779 likes this.
  11. AG779

AG779 Adventurer

Can't wait. Ugh. :twothumbsup:

12. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Crystal Brave

The game decided that the tank was unworthy of being raised.

ilmaestro, racooperii and AG779 like this.
  13. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    We're not worth:apology:.

14. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    Was just reading about that in your healing guide!!
    This is similar to Hallowed Ground for us PLD! That 1 sec before it activates will kill ya! :p

Hermes and racooperii like this.
  15. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

No this is worse, it'll just cast it on me wasting my bene and putting it on its cooldown:facedesk:

Caimie Tsukino likes this.
  16. Crimson Requiem

Crimson Requiem Scion

Bene and Hallow have a cast time they aren't instant like we want to believe. Add that together with some server lag and your latency and you got tons of fun. Especially when the skill goes off and is on cooldown and your toon is laying face down in the ground. :speechless::yell::stress::ermahgerd::imdead::cry::beg::raaage::baby:

17. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

:tableflip:Yep one dead tank and the bene gets wasted on me.
    :spit:Fun times had by all

18. JMATAWWCL

JMATAWWCL Moderator

Server:
    Mateus
    You weren't doing anything wrong. It's simply you can't cast raise while in combat (actively fighting, such as during the boss fight).

So, if the tank wipes, just hope a DPS grabs the hate and keep them healed. And to keep the enmity on the DPS, avoid casting big draws like Medica, Regen etc.

Source: Experience.
    And pictures! (scroll down to raise, cannot be cast in combat)
    http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Conjurer

19. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    This is inaccurate. If this was the case, I would not be able to raise people in T13 when they die, because I am in combat with Bahamut.
    edit: You get "Enhanced Raise" which makes it raise in combat@28. Definitely not the issue.

GeekMatt and Caimie Tsukino like this.
  20. JMATAWWCL

JMATAWWCL Moderator

Server:
    Mateus
    Doh! I overlooked the fact she said she was level 49. Even the level cap for Brayflox wouldn't be enough to take the level 28 trait away.

Disregard my previous post and carry on ;)