Moogle is a good server for new players?

Discussion in 'Moogle' started by Vahallen, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Vahallen

Vahallen Adventurer

Hallo everybody,
    I simply wanted to ask if Moogle is a good server for new players,a lot of people talked really good about it so I wanted to create a new Character there (in reality I just wanted a Lalafell,they are the master race!).
    Yesterday I starded playing there,but I got a bad sensation playing it so I want to know from you all if my sensation it's wrong or not.

Thanks to anyone who will answer me!

2. Vahallen

Vahallen Adventurer

I have played more on Moogle and it's a good server,even if in the beginning i really haven't liked it.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  3. jcmascaro

jcmascaro New Member

Good to know. When you say good server what do you mean exactly? nice people? lot's of people?
    I'm an absolute newb! haha

4. Hermes

Hermes Scion

Hey JC! Welcome to eorzea.
    To be honest, I don't know that the servers will determine your early game experience, as you could lvl up a toon to 50 and finish the "story mode" without joining a guild, learning how to craft, or maxing your stats/equipment. Hell, you don't even need to WORRY about standard equipment as you get what you need from quest rewards. And if you play as a healer or tank and run a lot of dungeons... These will give you all the "good" equipment (as those two roles wait less time to run). The dungeon party is a random group that gets generated across ALL servers, so you still end up playing a lot with other servers too... (Ie less important).

The late game or post-story content gets to be more important for who you play with (free company, it guilds)... And you will find all lvls on all servers now. A good guild can help run harder content when you need a hand with quests where going alone is rough. But even then, most content scales to your lvls, and the game developers are pretty good about how they did this... Regardless if your final job/race/class choices.

For end game content, ie the big bad bosses that take hours to run with raid groups... You shouldn't be so worried about that now. Play the game... And don't let that influence your server choice.

I chose one of the newer server (jenova) because it was new and had a new economy. This is a good and bad thing... Prices are wild, but everyone is still trying to get stuff. So it's fun for me.

Servers where no one needs stuff may have low prices for early gear and higher prices for end gear where there is more demand. It's all relative... But big picture, less important.

5. jcmascaro

jcmascaro New Member

Cool Hermes. Thanks for the tips!
    I played my first hours yesterday and simply loved it! so immersive, so beautiful! so many people around! although not much talking/interaction.

As per the servers, in the end there weren't many available and picked Cerberus. we'll see how that goes.

I'm not a big fan of mmorpg's as the are very time consuming (and don't have much these days) but this one feels so much like FF franchise I just can't help it!

See you around.

JC

6. Fou Lu

Fou Lu New Member

Hey People, i´m new in FF14 and i´m searching RP. The best thing were with German People like myself.
    But which Server is the one, with the most RP?

7. Hermes

Hermes Scion

I don't know the answer to that question. But, I would look at the European servers and see? There is a subfolder in the server forums with a list of them, then look through those?

Good luck! And welcome to eorzea!

8. Maaja

Maaja Moderator

Server:
    Bryn, Siren
    From a comment made by one of our other members (Praysolace), and having heard it several times, I think the server with the most RP is Balmung. I do not know if it caters to all languages, but I am pretty sure Balmung is the server well known for its RP.