Warrior Marauder/Warrior Advice for end game content!

Discussion in 'Disciples of War' started by caucel, Sep 19, 2013.

1. metalwrath

metalwrath Adventurer

It's laughable.A few people make screenshots on a forum of hitting crits on heal skills with ultimate relic weapon and best gear available in game and suddenly people actually think that Warrior is a reliable self heal character.

caucel and xusha like this.
  2. xusha

xusha Scion

People are just too silly.

3. caucel

caucel Crystal Brave

Lol you can get it. If you have a kind fc and very good friends. The think is about what is the tank that offer the better things for the end game content enjoyable for random party members. Of course a war can do it but looks like a PLD do it most safe and easy.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 20, 2013 ---
    It is sad but it is the true.

Heras Death likes this.
  4. xusha

xusha Scion

Though who likes safe and easy? Those people are wimps! You need danger in your life, that's what Warrior brings. c; Haha

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
    Heras Death and caucel like this.
  5. caucel

caucel Crystal Brave

Lol well I can't do end game for my job. So I don't know nothing about it lol. But I believe gamers and for now they choose PLD, so I don't complaint I level up it. The tank skills are not really very different anyway. Just stand, avoid aoe and being hitting for the boss.

6. xusha

xusha Scion

If they don't want to bring a Warrior, it's their own fault. Warriors do bring some sort of variety to the group, they can be the 5th 'DPS' or they can actually help tank. In which Paladins do lack on, the extra damage compared to Warriors.
    The skills aren't different, though you can tell the difference between two and how well they handle the different scenarios. Best bet is to find a FC that will let you come along.

Heras Death likes this.
  7. caucel

caucel Crystal Brave

Maybe it is. I hope it but for the moment I just level up PLD, doing ifrit for my relic axe and maybe start doing a lot wanderer palace for dark things. It is all that I can do it.

What kind of gear you need for andapor? Warriors have a chance there?

8. xusha

xusha Scion

I was able to do it with my Artifact Gear + level 38 accessories. (Though that was as a white mage). At least try to get the gear updated a bit, if your accessories are on the lower end farm some FATEs to get the level 43 accessories from the GC (Assuming you went Limsa). Though you're able to do it with the gear you hit level 50 with, assuming most of it is above level 30 that is. You may take some damage, but if the people in the group know what they have to do it'll be easier.

You have a chance because it's just a dungeon, 4 man. I had no problem healing Warriors in that place, some with Defiance, some without Defiance. While it is harder to heal those without Defiance, it's still doable. Though I'm sure you'll have yours up, so it won't be as bad. I remember healing this Warrior that barely took any damage, I just ended up going into Cleric Stance and DPSing and keeping Regen up because he seriously took no damage at all.

Level up your Paladin if you'd like. It's not a bad idea to have both of the jobs at max level, as well as Monk to 42(for their group healing buff.)

9. caucel

caucel Crystal Brave

I love monk a lot I suppose should be more easy for me. Monk lalafel looks very nice hehehe. So I do it.

GeekMatt likes this.
  10. JeckylTesla

JeckylTesla Crystal Brave

Alright, I just want to clear a few things up.

As a WAR you will not be recovering half your HP in one IB unless you are using the following moves:

-Berserk
    -Bloodbath
    -Internal Release

Those are three CDs that you need in order to heal that amount of dmg, and if you use Infuriate, you then heal yourself for another half (hopefully if it CRITS)

So wait, you're basing a Warriors "big self heals" to him being able to use three/four big CDs in order to achieve it. For what? To mitigate one piece of damage? A PLD can do that with one CD. We need to use multiple.

The problem of the arguments of the guy on the forums, is that he's basing his "self heal" abilities by how big he can crit. Which is not reliable at all for tanking progressive content. Any experienced raider can and will tell you this. It's not about the one BIG heal a WAR can do, it's the rest of the fight that he's taking 100% damage for. I've read through the discussion on the forums multiple times now and it's nothing new. "I can heal myself for 2k+ every 90 seconds." isn't viable for progressive raiding, sorry. As I said before, it IB was a stackable SHIELD, that change in itself would just 100% make us viable for progression tanking.

As for add tanking, WARs are great for keeping threat on multiple adds. I do not deny that, yet with 8+ mobs smacking on our face we are taking a LOT of damage, and since we have to use our AoE moves (which generate no wrath stacks, which means no IB) if the adds have any sort of substantial health, we're going to take too much damage.

11. Falchetto

Falchetto Adventurer

I wonder how many of the players that are arguing about VIT vs STR got a double set of jewelry (VIT and STR).
    Because the 30 stat points are nothing compared to the massive amount of crit rate, skill speed and determination you can have from good jewelry.

I went full VIT (to maximize hp when needed) and when i need to offtank or dps i just slap on my STR/ATTACK gear.
    Never ever missed those 30 points of STR, yet i dish much more damage than any war that went full STR and is always wearing VIT/parry gear while keeping up defiance in any circumstance.

STR alone is a waste, not worth the loss of HP.
    The combination of STR, crit rate, skill speed, determination alltogether is what makes the difference.

Tanking Ifrit while your pld is stunning and DPSing garuda while your pld is tanking are two completely different scenarios... you gotta be VERSATILE before anything else.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  12. Gonzothegreat198

Gonzothegreat198 Adventurer

Here's my question with that, is all that extra strength and stuf you're getting really increase your heals to the point that is offsets the damage reduction we lose by having less defense? Because all the ATK gear i've seen you lose a lot of both PHY and MAG defense. If you're dpsing the whole fight that's fine, but what happens if your tank gets really bad luck and does die, would you be able to step in to pick the tanking job in that ATK gear?

13. EliTheRev

EliTheRev Adventurer

I'm just starting a MRD ... I am thinking VIT is the way to go from everything I have been reading. My GLD is up to level 26 and I will keep going with that as well but I wanted to have a WAR on the side as well.

14. xusha

xusha Scion

Yeah Vit is better. Strength not so much sadly, but if you just want to do dungeons it'll be fine.

15. SilentManny

SilentManny New Member

Hey guys! I'm a long time reader first time poster and just had a quick question. Are maruaders and warriors able to compete with other classes DPS wise? Because i'm considering making one but would love to be DPS!

16. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Warriors are designed to take hits and hold enmity because they're tanks. If they could also keep up with, say, a dragoon damage-wise, it would be less of a tank and more of an overpowered DPS.

17. Falchetto

Falchetto Adventurer

Hmmmm.
    Competing with other classes DPS wise? Nope. If anything because you will find yourself out of TP.
    Doing a very good job at DPSing when the situation calls for it? Yes indeed, you can and you should.

Im dpsing on turn 5 (after tanking the wyverns) and i can see my dmg helps a lot killing the conflagrations, when i burn my cooldowns im one of the best DPS for a very short time (10 seconds). Of course this doesnt turn me into a DPS but as i have said, versatility is the key.

And for the first time, im not feeling the gimp tank anymore :)

18. Scape

Scape Crystal Brave

I actually just switched to STR recently and am actually finding it better. I don't miss the 480HP that much. Chances are if I got down to 480hp left, I was going to die no matter what anyways. I notice my threat meter now raises a lot faster and the self heals are a bit better. Biggest difference is how much easier and faster it is to get and keep hate.

ShinjiMura and GeekMatt like this.
  19. GenRiur

GenRiur Crystal Brave

The vit is missed when you are getting smashed by a 4 stack cad or tanking the adds in turn 4. Currently the benefits of STR do not outweigh the benefits of VIT in terms of your stat points.

Alot of groups do prefer PLD for speed runs and Coil however I made it my personal goal to show them otherwise. Now I have multiple groups who love to take my warrior on runs and healers have figured out how to heal me in Coil as apposed to a PLD. Sure we arnt as forgiving as a PLD in turns of mitigation but it is very easy to over heal a warrior and get them to full HP if both the WAR and healer play their cards right.

In saying that I don't disagree we are weaker as tank and that has been admitted to, I just dont think we are as bad as alot of people think....just different.

Noilane likes this.
  20. Noilane

Noilane Adventurer

people that prefer PLD over a well played WAR are just plain stupid or fkn lazy like "hey why should i take my hand away from my balls to heal a WAR"

we raid coil from the begining with a PLD/WAR tank combo and we are doin fine and everytime for Turn 5 i have to respecc my whole build

Going from all Vit Accesorys and all Vit build to my ilvl70 HQ crafted strenght accesory melded with vit and parry and all Points into STR

yeah i lose 50points of vit doing this but i gain like

79STR
    30DET
    9ACC
    3Parry

and the best with this build i have 450 STR wich is enough to hit the 26% dmg reduce from Parry :)
    and uhm yeah i luv my 1k Butchers Block Crits while running cooldowns <3

and i am fine tanking every s**t b4 turn 5 the only thing that i cannot tank like a pally is the 2 Dreadnaughts in Turn 4.
    Well i can we tried that once but our healers went like NEVER AGAIN :D

so far the WAR is damn fine when it comes to endgame it just depends on the person behind the character