Warrior Marauder/Warrior Advice for end game content!

Discussion in 'Disciples of War' started by caucel, Sep 19, 2013.

1. kichwas

kichwas Adventurer

If you read "Hiir Noivl" (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/search.php?searchid=12097764) on the official forums, he advocates about 20Str, 10 Vital, and more offensive than defensive gear - in order to boost self healing.

2. ShinjiMura

ShinjiMura Crystal Brave

Thanks and goodluck with your warrior too. I honestly think WAR is a good job, again it's just the community that shuns it IMO, but it may need a minor tweaking if it's to compete against paladin in coil I suppose.

3. xusha

xusha Scion

I am loving my warrior. I've always loved picking up adds, so the job is perfectly for me ha. Plus, it can always DPS when not needed, which is always a plus.
    Have you had the chance to do Coil yet?

4. ShinjiMura

ShinjiMura Crystal Brave

Not yet, but I have to find a group of people that are willing to take a warrior along, that and I still need to get full Darklight before I attempt it. Not to mention next week I'll be able to +1 my Bravura as well, which will help alot.

5. xusha

xusha Scion

Oh blah. I would assume that bringing a Warrior would be a good thing, gives a bit of a variety. But seems like people just want to do it the easiest way possible. :c G'luck to you though.
    Ooo, congrats!

6. caucel

caucel Crystal Brave

All stats points in STR don look give any advantage to the WAR. I lost a lot of hp -4800 hp with defiant on-. So... it dont work. Looks like the both Tanks should use all stats points in VIT.

My inner beast dont looks a huge different for DMG and self healing. So... now i go to farm seals for change all my points to VIT.

xusha likes this.
  7. xusha

xusha Scion

Thank you for the test, Caucel!

8. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Crystal Brave

You just like wearing sparkly things, don't you?

ShinjiMura likes this.
  9. Tufel

Tufel Adventurer

The problem is paladins have more effective health than warriors. Making the healers life easier. A hit for 1k on a warrior is 650 on a pld. I hate it as I love warrior tanking, but I'm going to level pld as I wish to do end game tanking and ATM we suck. :(

10. xusha

xusha Scion

Warriors do not suck. We are a different way of tanking. Paladins are more of a single target tanking, hence why they take less damage. Warriors are more of a threat holder, as well as adds. Hence why they get more HP as well as their attacks deal more damage/more AoE attacks. Not one class is better than the other, we just have different ways of playing the same role.
    Look at Scholars and White Mages. White Mages generally (for me at least) do better with Single Target healing. Compared to Scholars (when I tried it) it was a lot easier to keep the whole group up. Scholars are also protect from damage done, compared to White Mages where they deal with more direct damage done. You can see the same thing with other roles.

11. caucel

caucel Crystal Brave

The difference is minimal.So go to all vit. Well if we wanna tank and just tank the way is level up both classes whithout complaints.

We can wait that new add content use the both tanks.

I start to joy level up the PLD too.

xusha likes this.
  12. kichwas

kichwas Adventurer

Still going to do strength here. Most people doing it are getting good results in the self heal department - but its a different playstyle where you essentially run out there with a mad look in your eyes and say "mitigation, who needs that?"

Its called Marauder for a reason - and the idea seems to be to go nuts and get in there. Eat the damage, heal through "some" of it, and if you're standing at the end with 1 HP left, that's a win.

Mitigation through stacking vitality and defensive stats will put you below the paladin on threat and DPS, and with lower self heals, and lesser cooldowns - that makes an inferior tank.

Strength stacking is not about getting parry up, but getting the heals up. So it needs to come with boosts to critical, and with very smart use of the right actions at the right time. One test won't figure out the way to play that way - if one is used to playing the mitigation game common to the Paladin and the pre-DK, pre-Monk WoW tanks.

I myself can't yet test it, so my opinions are based on reading it, and reading people who are doing it often, rather than just a few tests. And I'm reminded of tanks like my Monk in WoW, that can drop to under 50% health in a single hit, and then spike back up before a healer even sees it. Where I thrive on seeing not damage avoided, but how big of a hit I can recover from without help, or how close I can 'walk the line' between "just a flesh wound" and "dirtnapping".

There may be one 50 up above me who's tested it, not mastered it, and given up already - but the official forums have a number of them who have figured it out.

13. caucel

caucel Crystal Brave

Nah bro I put all my 30 stats points in str. The difference is minimal. Your hits change in barely noticeable points. I mean pass of 45 to 50 for your skull sunder for example. Or pass of 700 to 750 for a inner beast. That in terms of lose hp is not worth.

No gear or melt materia change the fact of the 30 points in str not help for anything to war. The lose in hp in defiant or trill of battle don't make the str way a logical choose.

Anyway you can tried and tell us.

I think if you can't do a war Auto heal plus 50% of hp in a single hit and 33% in combo, it simply don't work.

14. xusha

xusha Scion

I'm not sure on all of the Warrior Job abilities (too lazy to look it up right now). Though only ability that gives health back with damage done % is Bloodbath. Everything else is based on your health pool.

15. caucel

caucel Crystal Brave

Nah inner beast recover 300% of dealt damage. Any one should think that a berserk plus blood bath plus inner beast should you recover a 50 % plus hp. But not. I'm in ifrit hard with enter gear recover just 1400 hp for a 4800 hp bar and around 300 hp with combo.

I go to test more and paste results here before change the points just for people see it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 20, 2013 ---
    Berserk is 50%plus dealt dmg too.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 20, 2013, Original Post Date: Sep 20, 2013 ---
    A some that surprise me I don't see any improvement in the enmity generation. I need do dungueons for checking it but I don't see different in it. It is sure that enmity is related to str?

16. xusha

xusha Scion

Oh, I misread the damage dealt as received. Ugh, I need reading lessons ha. Was wondering why it was 300%.

Yes, the harder you hit, the more enmity you'll get. Besides the Healer's massive healing agro.

17. caucel

caucel Crystal Brave

So it makes think that 30 points in str don't change anything noticeable in the dmg factor. 1% or 2% on enmity is not a great difference 5 or 10 % in dmg is not meaning. Anyway I thinking that is lower than it.

Looks like 650 hp is better.

18. Scape

Scape Crystal Brave

[​IMG]

19. xusha

xusha Scion

Yeah, the strength stats don't really do much.
    1 strength = 1 AP. So overall, you'll be only getting +30 AP/Strength from the attributes. I think it'll be easier to put at least 20 in Vit, 10 in Strength. Or maybe a bit more in Vit. Get the rest from the gear. If ANYTHING, can use the +strength potion. So if you are really big into the self healing, pop up the Strength potion plus the other abilities and get your healing out of the way that way.

20. Karamethien

Karamethien Crystal Brave

Though this is only tangential, there was a big debate whether Paladin should go Str or Vit.

It pretty much boils down to one side saying

You have enough HP already, and Str helps with Parry blockage %, and damage dealt helps with enmity.

other say saying

the 1% block advantage at 290 HP (which you will not hit even with all stats in strength, unless you gear specific for str as well) is pointless - since you max block 30% or so of the time - which is a 0.3% reduction in dmg.

The damage you deal with 30 in strength is still laughable - Paladin's enmity generately is not really dependent on damage dealt.

In the end the number seems to indicate that VIT is still better for Paladin.

War is a little different, but I think I would still go with VIT instead of STR.