Warrior Marauder/Warrior Advice for end game content!

Discussion in 'Disciples of War' started by caucel, Sep 19, 2013.

1. caucel

caucel Crystal Brave

Maybe you know it, maybe you don't. But there are a big feeling in the community (reddit, lodestone, forums) that -at least for now- the only tank for end game content is the Paladin. So all of our job doing in the Warrior is a waste the time if you wanna do some of the End game content. So if you use DF people just leave if seen a tank WAR there. For any FC -for more kind that it be- is a problem explain -us- this situation with gentle words. No, Warrior is not capable manage primal battles and coil of bh. It is the thing.

I really angry about this, SE make a big issue don't do it a more well balanced end game thing. I sad, I hope that people that is starting to play tank read this and make the right choose at least for now.

Right now I just in a rush for level up a PLD for get some end game content before the 2.1 things.

I hope if you read this do a better choose for your goal in the game. WAR is a lovely class but for now, it is just helpful in normal dungeons, etc. :(

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/89657-Have-any-warriors-tanked-HM-titan-coil

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/93286-Thoughts-on-Warrior-Tank.

2. HintOfMint

HintOfMint Crystal Brave

Warriors actually put out some mean DPS, we have a few warriors that we use for purely off tanking and dps.

caucel likes this.
  3. xusha

xusha Scion

Warrior is not capable of managing primal battles?
    Who thought of this? Warrior tanks are my favorite tanks for primal fights. For some reason I find them less squishier (maybe I've been getting Paladin tanks that aren't up to date on gear?), plus their healing abilities are nice. While they are a bit more useful in adds, they aren't useless for end-game. Even there is a post within the first thread from Reddit;

Which apparently is the highest rating post.
    It should've been known that Paladins would be better at single targets, and Warriors better on multiple grounds with threat. They're both different ways of tanking, both are useful. Plus their DPS is still far better than Paladin.

Play as the role that you like. Though it wouldn't hurt to have both of the jobs at max level.

4. Lion's Fall

Lion's Fall Crystal Brave

I don't know how true this is. From the HM primal fights I did, it requires a PLD offtank. I was able to main tank with a respec on vit and the right gear.

War healing may be tough, but I can always assist with my own healing within my rotation.

5. xusha

xusha Scion

Oh, also wondering. Can't find guides for Warrior for some reason.
    While I know which food to use, I don't know how to put my attributes in. I've heard putting them in Strength and Vit, full Strength, full vit.

6. HeroMystic

HeroMystic Scion

Server:
    Hyperion
    None of the HM primals requires a PLD offtank, just for Ifrit specifically, Paladin works the best because the job has stun on GCD, and the party won't have to do a party-wide stun rotation.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
    xusha likes this.
  7. Lion's Fall

I guess I kind of implied I went beyond Ifrit. Not true :/

My point is it's all based on the fight itself. Writing off war simply because it requires more work is not really fair.

EDIT: I can see where a PLD would have more raid utility though.

8. ShinjiMura

ShinjiMura Crystal Brave

Doesn't matter, because you know what will happen if WAR gets a boost? Everyone will drop PLD and WAR will be the new bandwagon tank, plain and simple. So long one is easier to tank with or use, the other will be dropped to the side. It's the community that does this.

P.S. I'm tanking Titan HM just fine (WAR here, obviously)

xusha likes this.
  9. Lion's Fall

I've barely scratched the surface, but speccing str got me no further than 1 hm Ifrit kill out of maybe ten. I saw an immediate change when I changed to vit.

xusha likes this.
  10. caucel

caucel Crystal Brave

Yep. I suppose that I need the 10k of seals and put all of stats points in Str just for make some test. Anyway is very sad. I wanna for the first months just master in a single job.

11. xusha

xusha Scion

Alright, thank you c:
    Did you just go full Vit or did you put some points in Strength as well? (Dex seems pretty useless to me. More like a Bard stat)

12. Lion's Fall

I went from mostly str to full vit.

13. ShinjiMura

ShinjiMura Crystal Brave

Do it and don't care what people think, that's an option. If people are seriously going to be dickheads about something then there's no reason for you to cater to them.

I've seen MANY Warriors with their Relic, which means what? They beat Titan HM. The only thing I can see WAR needing a boost on is Enmity Generation and a little more defensive cool downs, that's it.

14. xusha

xusha Scion

Aww no fun. Alright, well thank you so much! Guess I'll be spending 10k seals sometime soon ha.

15. ShinjiMura

ShinjiMura Crystal Brave

Full VIT is the way to go, I'm sitting at 7100 HP.

xusha likes this.
  16. Lion's Fall

This. I have sub 50 accessories and I'm at5 something with defiance on. Thats more than some better equipped people in other jobs.

17. caucel

caucel Crystal Brave

Yep, while the community has spoken we need to adjust things. I love my WAR and I use in any situation, but if you wanna join parties to farm, to make primals hard, to do bhm coil, you know what the people choose. you cant change it. The sad thing is that you can not improve your abilities in that battles while you don't get a place there. So is vicious circle.

18. Lion's Fall

The best thing I can think of is to work with people that know your skill level. They aren't going to dump you for a pug pld.

caucel likes this.
  19. caucel

caucel Crystal Brave

Nop. While War use a lot of dmg self heal. The right way is put all stats points in STR. I need ptest it, but I almost sure that it is the right way for the job. I use the 60/40 vit/str. And the result is very awful. I feel that i need more DMG for use my abilities good.

20. ShinjiMura

ShinjiMura Crystal Brave

I'm having VERY rare issues while tanking with WAR on Titan HM. And here are the issues I am having personally as a WAR:

- A Bard with Relic +1 pulls hate from me. (While I'm spamming enmity abilities 100% of the time)
    - A WHM with Relic over-heals and pulls hate from me. (While I'm spamming enmity abilities 100% of the time)

Want to know what 99% of the issues are on Titan HM?

80% = People don't dodge $h1t
    9.5% = DPS Can't do enough damage on Heart Phase.
    9.5% = Healer's have bad gear and not enough MP.

That's pretty much it.

Laychu and caucel like this.