Launcher asking for code again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Omusi, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Omusi

Omusi Adventurer

So let me guess, you tried logging in, put your UN and PW in the launcher and prepare to fight full server monster and oh snap... what's this. "Enter your game code." Ok, mr. launcher good thing i saved that email! "This code has already been used." WTF SE, why does it have to be so hard to play this game, now what's wrong! Well let me help you out. 1. Check your email, I found an email from SE in my spam folder from 4 days ago. 2. google mog station. 3. log in to mog station using your game UN and PW. 3. enter the nifty code that you recived. 4. Click ok, next and yes I accept your terms to buying my soul and all the other stuff you have to click on. 5. Voila you have 30 days game time play, log into the game and commence the battle of the full server. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! If you say, "I didnt get an email" did you order from Amazon? If you did then check your game libray on the site and guess what happened, they changed your reg key and didn't think anyone may need to know that. I really hope that helps some people out there.

2. Shake

Shake Adventurer

Im so confused why does this have to be so ****ing hard....

I have no recent emails from square, the ones I do have have my preorder code which I already registered and my game code which I also registered. I have no idea what code I'm supposed to be entering and when I got to the mog station I dont even see anywhere to enter a code to begin with.

I've never had a harder time giving somebody money... This is infuriating.

3. madweazl

madweazl Adventurer

Ran into an issue somewhat related. A buddy and I both preordered from Amazon. I picked it up a little over a week ago and he grabbed it on the 25th. Today, we both got the enter your activation code deal. Took me a bit but I found mine on the Amazon site but my buddy couldnt find his. He ended up coming over because we figured he was doing something wrong but when he arrived and we hit his Amazon account, there was no sign of his purchase in his history. We went back to the email he received from Amazon and followed the link to Amazon and it said his order had been cancelled.

Now, he has been playing on early access until today when he received the reactivation deal. Since the order was showing as cancelled (he did not cancel the order) and his account hadnt been charged for the game, we went to repurchase the game but, sales had been cancelled apparently (not sure when this happened but as of a couple hours ago, we couldnt purchase it). His Square Enix account shows the preorder but we dont seem to have any way to reactivate the account. Needless to say, he is very frustrated. Not only because he cant play but also because he has no idea if he'll be able to link back to his character to continue progression.

I've tried to remain positive through the launch of the game but this is really starting to push the limits. I've been playing MMOs since 1999 and expect to have issues early on but these are getting crazy.

4. Omusi

Omusi Adventurer

@Shake after you log on to mog station the 5 empty bars to put in your 20 digit code should be looking you in the face, if it isn't I really have no clue what's going on with your account. @madweazl I know SE stopped selling digital copies earlier this week, could your friend have ordered after they stopped, and if he's hhad money withdrawn from his account then my ass would be on the phone with amazon right meow!

5. Dragonix

Dragonix Adventurer

What the heck? My launcher is asking me for the code, which I put it in and end up saying the code has been already used. Well, duh! By me! My roommate is having the same problem here.

What's going on? There's no words on Square-Enix on this change.

And no, I didn't get any email from Square-Enix. I ordered directly from Square-Enix. Why now? I've been playing since Aug 24th.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  6. Joygasm Ironfist

Joygasm Ironfist Crystal Brave

It's 10$ more, but he can go pick up a physical copy.

This game is outstanding and all, but I doubt everyone sold out all physical copies.

7. Omusi

Omusi Adventurer

@Dragonix I bought from SE directly and have been playing since day one of EA. If you haven't, remember to check your spam folder, I was sent the new code 4 days ago I just didn't realize it til this morning.

Dragonix likes this.
  8. Dragonix

Dragonix Adventurer

Ok update:

FOR THOSE THAT ORDER VIA SQUARE-ENIX...

Go to www.findmyorder.com and input your information. You will see two new UNLOCK CODE and SERIAL NUMBER. Write them down or store them somewhere safe. And input new serial number in the launcher and it should unlock your account.

9. Ebon Claire

Ebon Claire Crystal Brave

I just plugged in the registration code that came in my PS3 box hopefully fixes it :dead:
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 30, 2013 ---
    THIS FIXED IT!!! You need to input registration code in promotional code area under account management. Then try to log in to FFXIV
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 30, 2013 ---
    29th was the last day of Early Access so that was probably what happened

10. xusha

xusha Scion

With Green Man Gaming, if you ordered from there they should of sent you the e-mail.
    They'll give you your pre-order code again and the Game Activation Code, it'll be at the bottom of the e-mail (or close to it). That is what you use to active your game again.

Seems like Green Man Gaming made it simple c:

11. Trasias

Trasias Adventurer

It's not hard if you would have paid attention to:

1. Announcements
    2. Email

God, the MMO player-base gets worse with every new game...

12. Dragonix

Dragonix Adventurer

There was no announcements nor emails regardless to new code for launcher. God, you're such an idiot.

Seiji, michael2169 and Omusi like this.
  13. Omusi

Omusi Adventurer

"Rawr I'm better than you stupid noobs" this thread is to try to help some people out, don't be a prick.

Dragonix and michael2169 like this.
  14. jemsmck

jemsmck Adventurer

If you ordered Directly from SE, you should have gotten an email a few days ago with the new key. Make sure to check your spam folder as the email address is webhelp.v4@digitalriver.com

The email should have been something to this effect:

Dear Fistname Lastname
    Thank you for ordering on Square-Enix, Inc.. The product that you preordered is now available.

Order Id 12345
    Product Id 12345
    Product Name: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition [PC DOWNLOAD]
    Release Date: August 27, 2013

ffxivsetup.exe http://wgt.digitalriver.com/wgt/9B5...C39F38F5DC70B1E40C906/sqenixus/ffxivsetup.exe

Final_Fantasy_XIV_Early_Access_Instructions.pdf http://wgtot44.digitalriver.com/wgt...nal_Fantasy_XIV_Early_Access_Instructions.pdf

Digital Rights: RRRR RRRR RRRR RRRR RRRR
    TTTTTT-123-TTTTTT-123

The bolded line is the code you will need to enter. The code you originally entered prior to today was for Early Access only. You will need to enter the new code you received in your email as today was the original day that the Early Access period was slated to end.

Keep in mind that the codes listed above have been changed and are just an example only.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  15. Kirito

Kirito Adventurer

I recieved this email on Tuesday the 27th and registered the Digital Rights code that same day. Sounds like for some reason people are only receiving this email now. I wanted my Collectors Edition items so I watched my email like a hawk.

note:
    I'm in NA and preordered CE version from Square

jemsmck and xusha like this.
  16. Trasias

Trasias Adventurer

You guys are pretty ignorant, huh?

17. Crystania Coloures

Crystania Coloures Adventurer

I had this exact same problem. I preordered it from SE site, and got a confirmation email. DAYS LATER I got another confirmation email with an entirely different code...after I had already installed the game, and was playing it. Of course, I go to log on, and they say I need to enter the code again. The second email they sent me with the new code had gone to my spam folder to make things worse, so I was really confused. I have no idea why they made this so terribly confusing, but I hope paying the subscription fee in the future won't prove to be so challenging.

18. jemsmck

jemsmck Adventurer

I received mine on the 27th as well. I wanted my Behemoth Barding :joyful: so i was constantly checking my email. Just hoping the info helps those who may not watch their email accounts as closely as you or I do.

19. Trasias

Trasias Adventurer

You need to set up your SUB now - otherwise, thinks could prove difficult in the future.

20. Im Blazed

Im Blazed Adventurer

Thanks this post helped me out