Warrior How to reduce damage taken?

Discussion in 'Disciples of War' started by xusha, Sep 19, 2013.

1. xusha

xusha Scion

I just re-rolled as a Marauder/Warrior (Loving it!). While agro is not a problem for me, I have more issues on the damage taken. Currently as a level 34 Warrior, I did 11 points in strength, 1 in Dexterity, and 3 in Vitality. My armour is up-to-date whites from Vendors/Market Board. Haven't been so lucky with getting greens/pinks in dungeons. I use Foresight as well as Bloodbath when taking a lot of damage. Featherfoot and Thrill of Battle when while lower on health. Though I still seem to take a ton of damage.
    Not sure what I can do to make it easier on the healers (besides sleeping and stunning when I can.)

So the main question, how to reduce damage taken?

(If you want to see armoury, link is in sig under 'Warrior'. Not sure if it's up to date though)

Edit: Just realized what the problem was. I keep forgetting about the Job tab, when I was remaking my bars after I got Warrior I forgot to include Defiance! I rarely seen any Warrior with this buff, so I thought it was passive. Holy crap, so many warriors tank without this.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  2. SorriorDragneel

SorriorDragneel Adventurer

I use it almost permanently myself..I like the xtra heals even when solo and i can kill fast enough even with it an if not i just pop out of it...But seriously some warriors try to tank WITHOUT it? No wonder we get a bad rep....

xusha likes this.
  3. xusha

xusha Scion

Oh yeah I sometimes use it when I solo, I use it as well. Generally the mobs out in the world don't hit me for that much, but the extra ability is always useful.
    Haha right. I remember having two warrior tanks in different AK groups. One of them used it, his health never dropped low all I did was put regen on him and I started to dps. The other one, never had it on and I was spamming Cure (as well as Cure II sometimes) on him. It makes a difference big time, and the Warrior tanks need to use it for sure. No wonder people don't like healing Warriors, majority of them don't even use that one useful ability which they should be using ha!

4. SorriorDragneel

I admit i drop too low even at lower levels sometimes...Hell I've died in a few runs(at 43 right now taking my time) but never had any real complaints..Running a most strength build at 15 str and 6 or so vit right now...Overall it's nice and defiance is pretty damn useful LOL. Plus gonna be honest i like the spike damage from our super self heal LOL.

5. xusha

xusha Scion

I've been using my lovely chocobo to kill the mobs quicker. I've died as well, my silly mistakes of though. Can't figure out which way to put my attributes. Some people mentioned that going full Vit is useful for HMs, though full strength will help with the health back.
    That self heal, love it! It's a very good ability, especially paired with strength potions, miam, and berserk.

6. Scape

Scape Crystal Brave

Well, Defiance doesn't reduce your damage taken. Of course, it should be up all the time though if tanking on a WAR.

7. xusha

xusha Scion

Even if it doesn't, it surely does make me less squishier apparently :p
    Maybe because of the healing buff.

8. SorriorDragneel

It buffs our health but reduces our damage thus why we get some of the skills we get.

9. xusha

xusha Scion

Yeah I know that, I'm just saying it makes me feel like I'm a lot less squishier. Even though it doesn't reduce the amount taken. Usually in the games I've played, health was good but not as good as getting your defense up and damage taken reduced.

10. Drumgiant05

Drumgiant05 Adventurer

Defiance also increases enmity on everything you hit. Any warrior not using defiance to tank is a fool.

11. JeckylTesla

JeckylTesla Crystal Brave

There is very little active ways to "reduce" the damage we take. The only we can do is time our CD's and regen as much as possible.

12. Ari

Ari Adventurer

defiance also increases your crit.At 5 stacks u get infuriated. i feel what seperates a good warrior from a bad one is the timing of inner beast, to use it when damage spikes occur. Unchained if timed well will also boost your damage during burst phase. at bad times using the insta buff to get infuriated will give you back 2 back inner beast with so much heals back. using it with blood bath and convalescence and wham ur back to full. People who bitch about warriors dont know that a good warrior is always about good timing of your skills and cds. As yoshi san said, grow a pair and play a warrior.