White Mage How do you heal in final coil?

Discussion in 'Disciples of Magic' started by Hermes, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    You'll get the hang of it! T11 is hard on MP due to the mass AoE. I overhealed pretty badly the first time I ran it as WHM. Even T12 is easier even though it has an AoE phase as well since there's less mechanics the healers deal with.

2. nobopyon

nobopyon Crystal Brave

check your debuff whenever AOE goes off... that's when forklight goes out.

Hermes likes this.
  3. Tarathiel

Tarathiel Crystal Brave

hey ill chime in on this, ive cleared FCOB as whm and sch so i can provide some insight from both perspectives

T10

SCH - generally as a sch you should be able to DPS most of the first phase aside from mitigating critical rip and prey. for the adds it is the scholars responsibility to handle ALL preys, if the whm has to do it you are slacking. for double prey hard cast the first spell and swiftcast the second, with 400+ spell speed you can hard cast both but i use swift just to be safe.(if you see 3 preys your dps sucks or are hitting the wrong things) after handling prey if your whm is good you can start to DPS adds while waiting for the next prey. if the whm needs help back them up where necessary. for the last phase i wouldnt recommend dps'ing unless your whm is exceptional, try to help mitigate all combo mechanics with sacred soil and succor otherwise just do the dance and stay alive

WHM - conserve MP during first phase but try to give your scholar room to dps. for the add phase i start by using diving seal and presence of mind, you should absolutely be able to solo heal both add phases while the scholar deals with prey and dps's. with seal + presence you can alternate cure 1 + regen on each of the tanks and keep them alive thru the whole phase. avoid medica 2 or over healing so you dont pull aggro. use shroud appropriately here when adds spawn to ease pressure off the tanks. the last phase is easy, just deal with mechanics and aoe where necessary. divine seal + medica 2 is awesome in this phase

T11

assign healing priority for secondary head and missles. generally its best to have the scholar on the tanks and whm handling aoe damage from missiles, if you dont establish this ahead of time you guys will likely heal over eac hother or miss heals where they are important

SCH - the first phase is easy, just dodge mechanics and keep your tank alive. rotate your virus/eye and use adlo to mitigate secondary heads. depending on party composition the adds phase varies from group to group. my preferred strategy is to stick with the egg while i keep it heavied and heal the OT. you can place your fairy with the group to help out with heals and can also you sacred soil at the start of the phase to help ease the burden on your whm. remember you will need virus and sacred soil up for nerve cloud so use them early if you do. this is how my static did things but ive noticed in alot of PUGS now the group needs the scholar to stick with the soak group (to me this is a sign of a weak whm) the last phase just deal with mechanics approriately, use the same healing priorities as the first phase and mitigate nerve clouds with virus/soil

WHM - theres really not alot to this fight as a whm, just obey the mechanics and heal your ass off. for the adds phase make liberal use of your cool downs to boost heals as much as possible.

T12

SCH - for the first phase(until the first brand goes out) try to dps as much as you can. this fight is all about pushing phases as fast as humanly possible (3 bennu's can i have it?) dot up phoenix and bane on to blackfires. single target dps bennus. the only thing you should watch out for here is Revelation, its absolutely critical that these get mitigated by at least an adlo but preferably a virus as well. after revelation is dealt with go back to dpsing. if all goes well you should be able to push this phase by the second blackfire. for phase to it is the sch's responsibility to handle ALL brand of purgatory mechanics. the best way to do this is to time adloquiems and lustrates to absorb the damage. remember the person WITH THE BRAND will take damage at the end of flames of unforgiveness so mitigate them prior to cast starting. both people will take damage from the swap but focus on the person who will take the damage from flames. every other redfire will have a revelation tied to it so be sure to mitigate those. during the bennu phase hard focus the tanks while the whm conserves MP for AOEs. after about 3-4 stacks start using succor to help mitigate but maintain focus on the tanks. at 5-6 stacks use fairy buffs + regen, by 10-12 stacks you will be mostly healing aoe damage mitigate as best you can with soil/succor/covenent. the last phase is easy just do the dance and keep the tanks alive, you may be called to soak damage from fountains so be prepared to handle that mechanic if your group needs it

WHM - once again, theres not much to this fight from a whm perspective. assuming you have a competent sch you should plan on solo healing most of the first and second phase while the scholar dps's and then handles the brand mechanics. make liberal use of cool downs, regen on the OT works great here but be mindful of aggro on bennu's. conserving MP in this phase is crucial as you will need it goin in to the bennu phase so avoid over healing and try to time your heals correctly. popping shroud early and often here is recommended to keep your mp reserves healthy. during the adds phase just focus on your aoe timing and make use of your cool downs to boost healing potency, communicate with your scholar and try to refresh your heals and time your cools downs with theres for maximun effeciency. learning this phase dont be surprised if you are completely dry on MP by the start of the last phase but with practice(and a bard xD) you should be aim for having at least 50% or more of your mp left over(not because you will really need it in the last phase but its good to set goals right? xD)

T13

theres a multitude of in depth guides out there on t13 so i wouldnt even be to touch that here but the overall consensus is that this is the toughest fight to heal in the game. theres not a lot of healer specific mechanics and healing priority will vary from group to group but the sheer amount of damage going out in this fight isnt really comparable to anything else in the game. both healers will be on pretty much full time healing duty (with the exception of the adds phase, where the whm is expected to solo heal so the sch can dps) ive cleared as whm but am still working on a clear with my scholar. the only real advice i can give is find a steady group you can practice with and a healing partner you are comfortable with. this really will be the true test of your healing ability

nobopyon, Jinzuku and Hermes like this.
  4. nobopyon

nobopyon Crystal Brave

i joined learning t12 party last night as whm, and I was having trouble swapping brands between sch and myself.

we both make sure we have SS and Adol on each of us, but after swap, one of us tend to die... and I don't 100% understand how..

Would you know what might have been killing us?

Here is what we did.
    one of us get brand, I SS both of us and SCH adlo both of us, then I ran to her/pass her, and sometimes we both survive, then other time one of us die...

Hermes likes this.
  5. Hermes

Hermes Scion

I want to know this too... I'm going in there next.

6. Tarathiel

Tarathiel Crystal Brave

ok so for the brand mechanic. you want to pass it at the START of flame of unforgiveness, that pass itself has a small aoe that will damage both the scholar and the whm. AT THE END of the cast the person who initially had the brand will take damage from flames. so this is how i deal with it as a sch

brand goes out (random target)
    i adlo that target and prepare for the cast
    flames cast starts so i collect the brand and soak the aoe damage
    immediately heal the target up from the aoe (ignore yourself) and re mitigate target (stoneskin or adlo, swiftcast helps)
    flames finishes casting and initial target takes damage from flames, heal as necessary

from this point the scholar will be in full control of the passes, make sure to keep yourself and the whm mitigated for the pass prior to the start of the cast, if you try to adlo and heal the damage during the cast you might risk dying. as the whm your main goal here is to keep the tanks alive, dont worry about stoneskins or helping with the brand until you are fully comfortable healing both tanks with little help from the scholar. in the last phase of the fight the brand gets passed to the tanks and for the remainder of the fight the will handle all passes

key point to remembers:
    the person with the brand at the start of the cast is the person who will take the damage from flames of unforgiveness
    make the pass AT THE START of flames of unforgiveness being cast
    keep mitigation on both the sender and receiver of the brand prior to the cast
    scholar will handle the pass mechanic white mage should focus on keeping the tanks alive

hope that helps, its a tricky mechanic, actually i started a thread specifically on t12 when i was still learning it will post the link up for you guys xD

::edit:: still on the first page lol http://ffxivrealm.com/threads/turn-12-healing-priorities-and-debuff-management.13352/

nobopyon and Hermes like this.
  7. Hermes

Hermes Scion

Thank you!!! I started to watch vids on this and my head exploded.

8. nobopyon

nobopyon Crystal Brave

@Tarathiel OMG...

I went back in to t12 with my group and we kept wiping to the point some people was frustrated. Not all, but half of the wipe was resulting to me not properly dealing with brands. (also WHM being first time there).

I was SCH and dealing with brands, and I almost need to lustrate original to keep her/me alive but then when I also get bluefire and dealing with that, or other range get brands and I had to run to them.. was a bit of mess.

But after I read your advise... it totally make sense...

Since I'm still learning all the mechanics and rotation of the boss's skill... it tend to deal brands a bit late <- instead of begining of cast of unforgiveness, I do halfway through then die.

But now I think it'd be good now.

a couple question but, there were couple times, I run through the brand player but It didn't pass to me... can you think of why that happens?

9. Hermes

Hermes Scion

Can either of you speak to how you solo heal the tanks as whm while this is happening? I'm told this isn't an mp intense phase, but the dmg seemed high from reading about it... And I'm a little worried about divine medica2 with aggro on Bennus...

Prob something I'll have to "do" to "learn"... But I imagine these mecHS make learning this fight hard in DF, and I'm so new to fcob linkshells on jenova... I don't want ppl to label me "that" whm...

10. Tarathiel

Tarathiel Crystal Brave

prolly just didnt register, just try to slow down a bit, not to much tho. the tanks in my group occasionally have the same issue when trying to swap. thats why its crucial to try to make the pass as early in the cast as possible. once you are more familiar with the boss rotation it will be much easier to time

for solo healing the tanks just make sure you are using your cooldowns and keep regen/stoneskins up where you can, the hardest parts will be while the bennu's are up so consider using your cool downs then just remember that you will need all of your resources to heal through the adds phase, if your tanks have a macro timer for bennu's it really helps. also, the sch can still back you up with virus, eye for an eye, and adloquiems for the big hits and bennus just communicate with them and try to find a solution that works for both of you

anyways, im glad i could be of help and if you have any more questions feel free to ask

nobopyon and Hermes like this.