White Mage How do you heal in final coil?

Discussion in 'Disciples of Magic' started by Hermes, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Hermes

Hermes Scion

Just started to drop my socks into FCoB... Cleared t10 with a pretty op group off DF... Now I'm forced with the question... How do I play like THAT?!?

Question 1: prey... How do you time it? Do you need Selene's buff + PoM?? I usually cover in time... But even with my crazy high SpS it's a nail-biter!!!

Question 2: double prey - wow!! Tanks take sick dmg while I'm covering these... And it's a shitshow when triple preys hit... Swift-ss2 is still on cooldowns.. So screw the second prey!

Question 3: I'll post more later... Just had to park that somewhere before I forgot to ask.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    delta5ff likes this.
  2. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

Do what I do. Pucker up and enjoy the ride. My first clear was first time in and I was throwing heals out everywhere so well that one of the others turned round to me and told me I seem to know what was going on in there and I was just like, not really just going with the flow. After some more balls to the wall healing we got the clear

3. Hermes

Hermes Scion

I went back with a "farm" party off PF, which was a little wonky on the OTs side, and again had a sch who wanted to take all the preys. It def freed me up for keeping tanks up while the adds were out. The GCD timer makes recasting a second sSkin seem all but impossible even if I swiftcast the first... So clearly I'm not well placed to solo preys like these beast sch.

T11 heals... Holy mother of god!!! I was really dying for my proc'd cures, especially cure3... Unless I had a shitty OT... Wow, I've never seen so much single target damage go out so fast... Wtf... Lol. Love it. But, help!!

Question 3: how do you pace cures here?? Cure2 spam and proc cure3, with PoM then hit pots and shroud whenever up? Man! (T11, still need to work on clear)

4. CJ_pt

CJ_pt Crystal Brave

During the adds phase, the Preys are cast by the Daughters, so we usually kill both daughters first and then move to Sons. That's a way of minimizing the number of preys we get.
    On the 2nd adds phase, we use caster LB3 to get both groups of adds, nuke both adds from MT, nuke both adds from the OT and then move back to MT.
    If by any chance you can't kill one group of adds before the 3rd starts spawning, we have our bard pick up the first and by the time the 2nd spawns the first group must be dead. I have never seen triple preys using this method x)

In terms of "predicting", you can always expect double preys right after the adds spawn. Other than that, voice chat really helps, someone just says "I have prey" and boop!

I believe our healers agreed to remove double preys according to the party list: WHM SS's the highest name, SCH Adlo's the lowest name.

----------
    I'm not entirely sure on T11, since we only cleared it last Sunday.

T11 damage in the adds phase can also be very painful.
    We have our WHM always with the "sphere" group and the SCH is also nearby to give some support, since the "cube" seems to be much more reasonable in terms of damage (I'm a melee, so i don't really know what goes on on the other side of the arena :p)

Once sphere and cube are dead, start Stoneskinning people while they're nuking the last add and if someone has the thunder debuff be ready to eventually re-SS.

Other than that, the only damage your party (except for the tanks) should be taking would be from the "seeds".

5. Hermes

Hermes Scion

Thanks CJ ;)
    I have t10 on lock, it's an incredibley easy fight to heal... The only trick (per se), actually is wild charge if the whm is either tagged or soaking, as it makes the timing of AoE heals a little sketchy, on occasion, because WC stuns/interupts, so need to precast swift or surecast. If I'm not soaking it's pretty straightforward.

I've started skinning randoms through the whole fight now while I shroud up my mp... It ensures most ppl already have shielding before the preys even hit.

T11, so far - for me - lol, has been a frenzy to keep up on some HoT and cures while I pray for proc'd cure3s to hit both tanks. That frontal swipe does SICK dmg... Omg... Wow. I'm hoping @MiKairi can tell me how she handles these. Lol.

i haven't seen the adds yet, but understand what I'll need to do re: sphere and standing in center for AoE heals.

T12... Imma wait for a bit.

6. Hermes

Hermes Scion

Just watched pharazons t11 guide... Helped...

7. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    Never ever think you need to help heal the Warrior in T11 outside of the add phase. You are putting Regen on him and stoneskinning him for Secondary Head. If your SCH is struggling, that's on them, not you.
    During Stack/Spread it's a good idea to Divine Seal > Medica II. It will hit the tanks and suddenly you have a 1k or so Regen on both of them once you put your Regen back up. Trying to use proc Cure IIIs on the tanks is a waste of MP, period. I don't Cure III at all in most fights outside of big damage (T11 is Nerve Cloud. I don't use it in T10 or T12. T13 has a few things I use it for).

Jinzuku and Hermes like this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Scion

That makes so much more sense
    I think that was definitely a problem, along with my general lack of experience to skin the OT for that second head...

Looking forward to going back!!!

9. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    T11 is basically you're on Paladin until the add phase, then you generally swap to Warrior or whoever is tanking the Sphere.
    Then you AoE heal and hope the Scholar has the Paladin covered since you're trying your best at that point to keep the Melee + Bard + yourself up as you guys stack on the Sphere and follow it around the circle while dealing with a T9 Thunder/Lightning mechanic. It's a fun fight...a bit more boring compared to the others, but challenging for a healer.

Jinzuku likes this.
  10. Hermes

Hermes Scion

After learning the division of labor, the first phase of t11 is a bit of a joke, with almost minimal healing to tanks. I think that first run had more issues than a bad scholar.

When is the best time to start casting stone skin on the provoking tank for secondary head? Do you wait until you see the cast bar? Or is that too late? I may need to start swift casting that as the hard cast often hits after the dmg goes out.

The add phase, I'm not as mp efficient as I'd like to be... My group never dies... The cube with the scholar seems to struggle more... How dependent is the scholar on my medica 2 crossing the platform?

And finally... When do I start stone skinning the party in prep for the transition back into phase 3??

I stoned everyone, but we still died seconds after we transitioned, and casting a medica or medica 2 there didn't hit in time...

11. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    I cast it the moment I see Secondary being casted. Gives plenty of time, usually, unless your spell speed is garbage. Your Medica IIs typically are only hitting BRD, Melee x2, and the WAR...SCH should be fine since they do not stack with you. The reason you AoE heal so heavily in P2 is because the Sphere AoEs. Cube shouldn't be doing that much damage to the PLD, and your caster should not be getting hit.
    I don't actually Stoneskin into tether phase due to mana. I used to, but realized it's unnecessary. Is your SCH: Putting up Sacred Soil? Is everyone but the tanks in it? Is a Succor out? I Cure III Nerve Clouds with Divine Seal if it's up. Everyone should be max HP then as it's one big hit.

Jinzuku and Hermes like this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Scion

Ok, I get so caught up in chained cure 1s, I usually don't start casting SS until halfway on the cast, and it's too late. The dmg is never super high.. But I wAnt to get better.

So... Huh... Ok, you don't SS and just top PPL up before the massive AoE... Do you need to keep a swiftcast in reserve for this? Or have the party stack at a set location to cure3 everyone up?

13. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    In the groups I have been in, we have the party stack at a designated spot that is marked with A. "Christmas tree" tether (Green and Red) go to B if it's party tethers. Blue goes to C. Tanks stack on the opposite side of A since they take less damage and do not want to cleave the party. A can be at the boss's head or behind the boss, it doesn't matter, since it turns to face the tanks after Nerve Cloud.

Hermes and Jinzuku like this.
  14. nobopyon

nobopyon Crystal Brave

On T11, as WHM, I pretty much let med2 heal through the party, and it's usually more than enough (unless dps is getting unnecessary hit), and I always pop shroud when my mp is down 2/3, just to be safe even though I know i won't have mp issue.

Basically, I let med2 heal through on missile phase (either stack/spread), and I rotate virus/e4e for resonate > secondary head. (good sch will do instead :p)

same as add phase, keep med2 up entire add phase, regen on both tanks, then spot heal tank/party.

I will PoM SS on party (except tanks, i never had enough to SS up to both tanks) while party is killing egg.

Never Gas, Timed cure3 > med2 (I think most of the time med2 is probably enough since supposedly SCH's virus is up and succor, sacred soil should be up... but since i will have enough mp, i timed cure3 just to be safe).

I believe last phase is safe... organize and decide which way to dodge first (example : blue tether go to Waymark C right, and xmas tether go to A left, also dodge left first then closest, closest). and same deal as phase 1 for heal... occasional cure3 for stack missile.

15. Hermes

Hermes Scion

My biggest struggle right now is mp management during add phase. I'm terrified of med2 holding up the sphere soak team, and tend to overcast medica bursts over the med2.

I pop shroud, and have a x-ether stack... I think it's a comfort thing, and should probably just take a beta blocker and try this again... Lol

16. nobopyon

nobopyon Crystal Brave

i sounds like dps aren't dodge on AOE and getting unnecessary hit there. I have been able to just div + med2 and refresh med2 during the add phase, and it was good enough and I still have enough MP to SS whole party except tank (and usually my shroud is up for me to pop as well).

if spot heal on a party member isn't enough, i'd just cure3 the party to bring their HP back up and let med2 top them off then referesh med2.

but if you still need to heal more than that during add phase... it's probably because dps are keep getting hit by AOE >_<

Hermes likes this.
  17. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    Divine Seal a Med II into the beginning once you are sure the PLD has aggro on his add (I've possibly had aggro a few times doing it too soon. Woops). One Medica should be okay as you use your next Med IIs every time the AoE goes out, followed by a simple Medica. Using Cure IIIs during any phase outside of Nerve Cloud is incredibly MP inefficient.

Hermes likes this.
  18. Hermes

Hermes Scion

How close do ppl need to be to the sphere to soak? I usually stand about as far away as the Lightning debuff in case I get hit, and cycle slightly forward towards the center to draft with the add while I cast?

Should I be closer? Maybe I'm not soaking dmg right... I feel like one medica isn't enough.

19. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    The parties I'm in has always stacked right behind the sphere where melee are. You get lightning, you run out. Just have to pay attention like in T9.

Hermes likes this.
  20. Hermes

Hermes Scion

I'm such a newb.

Jinzuku likes this.