Astrologian Healing Class Differences?

Discussion in 'Disciples of Magic' started by Jeth, Jun 29, 2015.

1. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Crystal Brave

This, 100%. lol. I still don't even have it on my "real" hotbars.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 1, 2015 ---
    I don't think it ever quite was (behind at least Medica II in overall power level), but I think the nerf it has had is definitely enough to knock it down from the top if it was there.

Spokey Dokey likes this.
  2. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I love it simply because it was a huge, repeatable, instant heal. It was the ultimate single target comeback move, second only to Benediction on a tank, but better because it wasn't a one time per fight sort of ability. Idk firsthand what its like to use now, I can only assume its better on DPS and worse on tanks than it was. I think it's kind of BS that it ignores things like Convalescence though.

kotorinbo likes this.
  3. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Crystal Brave

It's worse on everyone, since you have to come out of Cleric Stance now to get the full benefit.

Where it's super nerfed is not on tanks, but on NPCs in story fights who have effectively tens of thousands of HP. ^^;

4. Hermes

Hermes Scion

AST is so overpowered in lowbie dungeons... Aside from the card contrivance, they are given a medica and baby-Bene off the bat, which are totally available even synced to satasha... With a dot and 2 strikes, I can straight DPS even on noob tanks, then baby-bene them if I need to before topping them up....

It's... Ridiculous.

5. mitchcanter

mitchcanter Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    It does get worse, though. The damage taken doesn't scale with the healing. Not impossible, mind you, but you can't faceroll straight DPSing + Essential Dignity... Sohm Al, for example. That said, I had an AV run last night in my roulette that was saved by a few well placed Bole cards, so (when used properly) you can work with what you have to make it OK :D

6. Hermes

Hermes Scion

Umm, pretty sure using Sohm Al as a reference weakens your case... Lol... That run is tough for WHM because it has all the trapping of a HW dungeon with a very strict lvl sync... I want my assize, and I want it now...I'm addicted... :(

I'm glad that AST struggles more in later content. It's a bit ridiculous when I can heal like that so early. I'm imagining spear cards are super helpful in large speed pulls... And looking forward to getting into their utility mechs more. Super fun job!

7. mitchcanter

mitchcanter Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    No, I mean that unlike earlier dungeons where you could DPS and hit the tank once with a heal, it's not so in later dungeons; especially the HW ones because the damage scales so sharply.

8. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Crystal Brave

OP compared with SCH who has a pet that can solo heal the entirety of most of these dungeons and thus never come out of Cleric Stance? :p The level synch in this game is not super well designed imo.

GeekMatt and Hermes like this.