Warrior Fracture

Discussion in 'Disciples of War' started by Delorean, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Delorean

Delorean New Member

just wondering if anyone else thinks this ability doesn't deserve a space on their action bar at any point in the game

i've personally used it less than 10 times, but curious to know what others think about it

costs a lot of tp, does crap damage, cant imagine it does much for enmity, locks you out of using a more useful ability, just dont think its worth the global that it costs.

but i've been wrong before

2. Drumgiant05

Drumgiant05 Adventurer

I think its fine. Sure it isnt destroying enemies but when soloing it probably takes a fourth/fifth of the enemies health? Not sure, but i use it in almost every fight

3. Larsen

Larsen Adventurer

It doesn't do crap damage, you just don't see the damage from DoT ticks in this game for some reason. It's actually among the highest damaging abilities in the entire game! For a warrior, Fracture gets more damage for the use of a global cooldown than anything else. Over the course of its duration, it does the same damage as a 300 potency attack would. It's so good monks use it.

4. Yin Finity

Yin Finity Adventurer

you know it is a DoT right?

it doesn't really have a use in solo because mobs die so fast, but in dungeons against bosses it is definitely a good DPS increase.

5. Ingrid

Ingrid Crystal Brave

Stacking Fracture on top of a Maim combo can do some serious damage. It may not seem like it but trust me when I say it IS noticeable after a while

6. Grembo

Grembo Crystal Brave

It's only a waste of hotbar space if you think damaging mobs is a waste too.

You want to keep fracture up constantly.

7. Ingrid

Ingrid Crystal Brave

Also fracture lasts for a good 30 seconds. Reapplying it isn't a hassle at all

8. richATTK

richATTK New Member

on a side note, does anyone know if Fracture's damage stays the same as when you initially use it or will it change if you use Berserk, or Maim, a skill that raises or lowers your attack power, etc.?

9. Grembo

Grembo Crystal Brave

I know the actual attack is affected by actions like Berserk, Maim etc but i'm not so sure about the DoT that fracture adds.

Did a quick test on a Lv 33 Wind Sprite and it looks like Berserk and Maim affect the DoT too.

Here's roughly what Numbers I got.

DoT from Fracture alone = 10 Damage

DoT from Fracture + Maim = 11 - 12 Damage

DoT from Fracture + Maim and Berserk = 14 Damage.

Like I said, only a quick test :)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  10. richATTK

richATTK New Member

Cool thanks man.

Now what if you used Fracture, then say 10 seconds later you hit Berserk, does the Fracture damage change for the rest of the duration of the Berserk?

11. Larsen

Larsen Adventurer

Nope, it retains the stats it was applied with. I found out that you can apparently see DoT ticks on target dummies so I went and tested it. If you apply Fracture and then increase your damage afterwards (tried with both Maim and Berserk), the damage of the ticks doesn't increase. You can overwrite it, though.

12. richATTK

richATTK New Member

ahh okay thanks for the info.

13. xusha

xusha Scion

I use it constantly, especially on multiple mobs. Flash x2, overpower x2, get my basics, and then fracture the rest of the mobs just incase the healer may pull threat (I tab around anyway, so it'll be unlikely). Though few more damage doesn't hurt anyone.

14. Sword

Sword Scion

Fracture has some uses but are severely limited. The main times to use it are times you are going to be running around more than meleeing.

For example standard practice for the Heart phase of Titan is Break the first person imprisoned in Granite, after the heart appears you have about 5 seconds to attack. You can use this time to throw out your DoT attacks like Fracture and Fist of Death, and letting the DoT's tick away at the heart while you're breaking said person out.

xusha likes this.
  15. SorriorDragneel

SorriorDragneel Adventurer

If combined with Bloodbath it also acts as a small HoT just figured I'd put this out there as well.

16. Sword

Sword Scion

Not really, Bloodbath is entirely dependant on your damage, HoT's you can just cast and they'll work without any further action.

17. Gonzothegreat198

Gonzothegreat198 Adventurer

I find it most usefull when tanking trash, especially those time when you may not have a sleeper. Last run of DD i had 2 bards and a scholar. Once I get good aggro on the 1st mob, usually Flash then Overpower then 2x HS>SS>BB plus 1x HS>Maim>SE I'll then rotate through the other 2+ mobs applying fracture. I've found that it does enough damage to negate the healing threat. At least at level 44.

18. SorriorDragneel

SorriorDragneel Adventurer

What I mean is with bloodbath up it ticks every time fracture does damage..Try it for yourself. It achieves roughly the same effect as a VERY minor HoT.

19. Luko

Luko Scion

Personally, I'd use it if it was off the GCD. As it stands now, almost any other use of that GCD is going to net more damage, more threat and more self healing.

There's pretty much no reason to use it.

20. Maxism

Maxism Adventurer

Fracture is ridiculously good. Against trash and bosses you'd always want to drop it once Maim is up. Ideally you'd want the standard Maim and Storm's Eye and then Fracture. When opening with big damage CD's you'd want to apply it once everything's on.

The DoT inflicted by Fracture is indeed affected by Maim, Berserk and even Defiance. This is most obvious as a new application of Fracture whilst an older and more powerful Fracture exists will have no affect and will subsequently fail to refresh the duration.

Having said that an Unchained, Berserked and Maimed Fracture will absolutely wreck face.

I'm not sure how the DoT component is affected by critical though, the Fracture hit itself can crit but the DoT numbers aren't there.

There could be some strategical timings where using it just before Berserk and Unchained wears can be more effective depending on how many combos you can squeeze and whether positioning or some other factor might mean it does more damage e.g before picking up a new add or backing off during HM Garuda relocating.

I would definitely use Fracture, all DoTs in the game are cost efficient in terms of TP and GCDs.