Easiest class/job for noobs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jalz Fireborn, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Jalz Fireborn

Jalz Fireborn Adventurer

I am by no means new to video games, however I am relatively new to MMOs (WoW is my only other experience). I have been doing a lot of research about ARR and I haven't even been able to get a copy of the game yet lol. So basically I wanted to see what you guys thought the easiest class and job is for a beginner that doesn't want to suck horribly or create enemies every time he enters a DF dungeon. I would be happy doing any role (tank, dps, heals). Also based on what I can tell the FF community is noticeably more mature and helpful than the WoW community so maybe I shouldn't even be too worried about it.

2. pe3nguin

pe3nguin Crystal Brave

Server:
    Odin
    Pugilist and Lancer. The close combat DPS roles are the easiest to get to grips with. As you run the early dungeons, you will start to see what differentiates good tanks from bad tanks and how to be an effective healer. Then you can apply your newly acquired knowledge when you pick up a second class in a different role.

Jalz Fireborn likes this.
  3. Nichigo

Nichigo Content Moderator

Archer is actually pretty easy too. They have a few status inflicting skills, but nothing too involving. I'd actually recommend Archer because, due to it's ranged nature, you can get a good view of what your party is doing during a battle. If you're a pugilist/lancer, you might get too tunnel visioned to really see what's going on with the rest of your party since you have to stand right next to the mob.

Jalz Fireborn and Seifen like this.
  4. Araye

Araye Crystal Brave

I picked up ARC just to play around with. She is fun to level, but now I've used most all the quests leveling my PAL, CNJ, WVR...

But she can get into FATEs, rapidly deliver damage from a distance, change targets, and run away when needed. Plus she is super hot in her red leather.

I think I'll ask my man for something really special for Christmas!

image.jpg

5. caucel

caucel Crystal Brave

Long range archer, cc pugilist. I think that was the nice DPS for play.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 11, 2013, Original Post Date: Sep 11, 2013 ---
    She is hot.

6. HintOfMint

HintOfMint Crystal Brave

Monks are NOT easy to play late game.

There are many rotations that you have to be constantly on top of in order to max your damage.

Heras Death likes this.
  7. pe3nguin

pe3nguin Crystal Brave

Server:
    Odin
    Good thing I didnt mention MONK then hey? I spoke directly to starter classes ;) No need to get your jimmies rustled just because DPS is easier than tanking or healing brah

8. HintOfMint

HintOfMint Crystal Brave

Go back to bodybuilding.com

Brah.

Nichigo, cinequoinon and Heras Death like this.
  9. nz_chic

nz_chic Crystal Brave

Fishing = no enemies

Plane, Brandon Copeland and Raccaway like this.
  10. Raccaway

Raccaway Adventurer

I love how the simple use of a word, somehow garnered that response. Brah.

Nichigo, pe3nguin and nz_chic like this.
  11. Jalz Fireborn

Jalz Fireborn Adventurer

Thanks for all the replies guys. I was mainly looking at lancer, archer, and THM... I guess THM is a little harder in this game as opposed to mages and warlocks in WoW? I've read a lot about how they tend to create threat and pull mobs at lower levels which definitely doesn't sound noob friendly lol. Anyway I really appreciate the input.

12. Faye

Faye Adventurer

I'm new to MMOs and I have found it pretty easy to pick up archer, for the reasons already mentioned

13. Heras Death

Heras Death Crystal Brave

Monks are alot more technical late game. I agree!:D

14. Legwen

Legwen Crystal Brave

Arcanist

15. WhiteWinged7

WhiteWinged7 Crystal Brave

Seek of Truth better watch out! Lol

Kahlan is much hotter by the way I cant argue with Blondes though yum

[​IMG]

16. uglyparade

uglyparade Adventurer

This is the first MMO I've played for more than a couple of hours (I've never even played WoW) so I'm quite green at the ears. That said, I picked up THM pretty easily with no problems. It's pretty nice to stand way in the back and throw out massive damage without ever getting hit. Then again, I've played with some awesome rando tanks--because I don't know anyone in game--so that probably helps.

Also find it interesting that on the internet, it's the people that work out that get made fun of like, "You work out and play sports? What a f---ing loser!!!"

17. Shinrai

Shinrai Adventurer

I say Archer also. Really allows you to get a good view and feel of all the other classes, while staying safely out of harms way. Plus skills are instant.

SE did a pretty good job of gradually increasing difficulty in both solo and party play, so really, any class will give you an opportunity to learn. From what I have seen, 95% of the community (on Behemoth anyway) has been awesome and helpful to new comers too.

18. cinequoinon

cinequoinon Crystal Brave

I would also recommend a ranged DPS, probably Archer. As a melee DPS you have to be really quick at your foot and aware to AOEs all the time. Against trash it's really easy, but some bosses can get a little bit tricky. You also have to be really aware of the adds, as you are close to bosses and have to move yourself quickly to kill adds. It also makes sense that it's easier to learn about group mechanics when you are watching the fight from afar.

It's not unusual that when everyone else wipes against a boss the only one standing is the archer (who will eventually get killed or, in some low-level dungeons, may even solo it).

19. Legwen

Legwen Crystal Brave

Arcanist, the pet is not killable. Archers can die, carbuncles cant.

20. Jalz Fireborn

Jalz Fireborn Adventurer

If you don't mind, could you elaborate some? I know from your posts that you have leveled through Archer/Bard and since that is the class that most people are recommending I'd be interested to read your input on it as it relates to this discussion. Thanks :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 12, 2013 ---
    haha literally as I was writing my post.. thanks man.