Deed of the Land - FC Housing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LAViking, Dec 5, 2013.

1. LAViking

LAViking New Member

Please allow DEED OF THE LAND to be paid using FC CREDITS so it is fair contribution for all FC members.

2. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    As an FC leader, I figured it was our responsibility to purchase the housing, so the leaders started accumulating. To our surprise the members voluntarily made donations ranging from newbies giving their hard earned 5k to members donating 200k. Some members just gave what they could when they could, a bit at a time which built up to a significant amount.

I dislike the idea of FC credits going into making that purchase. There's always ways for the members to contribute, and if you've built your FC with those that like to help, and gave them an FC they can appreciate, they'll find a way to contribute. IMO. Or alternatively tell them to contribute or get out, see if that works.

racooperii likes this.
  3. Kiwi

Kiwi Crystal Brave

I think it is largely the leaders responsibility to get the FC house, however I also believe that accepting donations from members is more than warranted. I mean for me at least it is a group effort all of the time even when it comes down to the parts no one likes to do like donate gil to help get an FC house. Our FC has been saving since launch for the FC house and just on donations alone we already have over 1 mil in our FC bank. That is not including the many donations we are going to get after we find out how much it is actually going to cost for the largest guild house.

Crowd funding is always a reliable source of income. Especially since its not forced. At least not in our FC it is not.

racooperii and GeekMatt like this.
  4. Lodius

Lodius Crystal Brave

I am not a FC leader, but could see the drive to get one of these... I guess I need a bigger FC as we have about 5-10 active members outside of Raid nights.

My old FC (which fell apart due to other games coming out) would sell Titan runs and amassed a few million to use on FC housing.

As far as I know that money still sits in the bank of the dead FC as the leader no longer plays :/

5. Kredo

Kredo Crystal Brave

I am guessing you are not a high ranking officer that can take it off?

6. Kiwi

Kiwi Crystal Brave

Well that is pretty lame :/. You would have thought he would have at least split it with the ppl that earned it lol. He probably left it there so he could keep it when he decides to come back.

7. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I get the impression he's in another FC now :p

Lodius likes this.
  8. Lodius

Lodius Crystal Brave

Correct :)

9. Comrade Questions

Comrade Questions Adventurer

I know I'm going to contribute a little more than most in my FC, and I'm merely a member; but, I think it'll come down to more organized FC's will be able to rake in more money and thus should get the better plots.

Then again I'm not really a fan of the auction system anyways, I would've preferred if everyone could get their own house so long as they amass enough gil. What do I care if another FC has a house? I mean there are things to be competitive about and whatnot, but it's an odd place to instill it.

10. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Its because of limited space, I think they are underestimating how popular housing is. And with pricing known...Im more ok with the use of some company Credits to pay for it.