Warrior Bards, Buffs, and Bandwagons.

Discussion in 'Disciples of War' started by AgelessDaisy, Oct 30, 2013.

1. AgelessDaisy

AgelessDaisy Scion

Server:
    Jenova
    So I've been hearing from little chocobos that Bard is being nerfed and Warrior is being buffed. Due to I guess Warriors being too squishy for Coil. My question is, why the hell is Bard being nerfed at all the class is already looked down upon for their limit break alone? More importantly what is Warrior getting? I'm just wondering so I can see how many people will re-roll Warrior and beg for them to join coil parties. :happy: I understand Warrior IS squishy due to not having many defensive buffs, but their self-heals should have some mitigation or would that be a wrong view on it?

2. Nichigo

Nichigo Content Moderator

SE was relatively transparent in their producer letter about what they plan on doing with warrior. First paragraph here:

http://ffxivrealm.com/threads/letter-from-the-producer-live-part-ix-q-a-summary.8501/

I thought it was interesting that they had actually intended PLD to perform with the same result as warrior (i.e. getting one-shotted on certain moves)...but are now buffing warrior to match with PLD instead of the other way around.

While I'm not completely sold on Bard needing a debuff, I can see the argument for it. I've played ARC/BRD up to level 35, and the damage output is pretty insane simply because they can hit their DPS cap more often than other classes due to their mobility. This, paired with the fact that they have great support in the form of their songs, makes them very desireable for high endurance, end game content. The limit break is stupid, but it's a very small consideration. You only need 1 melee to do good single target limit...and a mage class isn't too bad of a substitute.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    Mia Ausa likes this.
  3. Brahma

Brahma Crystal Brave

A BRD nerf? Damn...

4. Grim

Grim Crystal Brave

I don't understand why they want WAR to be equal in tanking with PLD?! Make PLD better in DPS then!

5. Nichigo

Nichigo Content Moderator

It's not that they want it to be equal to PLD. They just want it to be able to do the same content (which is fair). If you read the link I posted, they didn't say anything about adding mitigation to WAR. Even if they DID add some kind of mitigation, it wouldn't be anywhere near the effectiveness of Shield Oath + 4 or 5 defensive cool down PLD has. They're so different as it is that WAR would need a full re-tune to be similar at all to PLD. They're just going to be making small tweaks to adjust WAR's survival rate in Coil (per the producer letter).

Mia Ausa, Kredo and Grim like this.
  6. Kredo

Kredo Crystal Brave

Don't think they took the time read at first. I am glad they are actually balancing it. It really wasn't fair for the WAR. I like that they share the same sentiments about haveing more varied classes also. I like to see different types of jobs in my parties. Because then you can basically have one person for each kind of situations.

7. Mia Ausa

Mia Ausa Adventurer

My boyfriend is a Archer>Bard and he's insane. Tanking my hardest sometimes the monsters are like, wow you're way more dangerous. I keep throwing axes until they stop. Flashing them as well, but nothing is flashier than a frilly cat bard. I would cackle at him and point were this to happen, and therefore hope it does in a most severe fashion.

Also I do not like the idea that it is, rarely but sometimes, hard to tank as the natural progression of the tank class. Really now.

8. Noilane

Noilane Adventurer

buffing WAR is absolut Bullshit....
    To Squishy for Coil? Hell no the only thing that really can **** you are the two dreadnaughts in turn 4 the rest is piece of cake if u know how to play the class and have healers that know how to handle a WAR tank :)

I am totally against the WAR Buff since this will get us even more bad WAR players rerolling back to the class after rerollin to faceroll pally :/

Mia Ausa likes this.
  9. Mia Ausa

Mia Ausa Adventurer

THAT LAST PART. Yes. Damn right they aren't squishy if done right. I applaud all who will relent that a Warrior almost always will be out-tanked and out-most by a Pally... unless the warrior's good. Not just good with a handicap. Good in a way that takes a Warrior's skills and makes it better than a Paladin and doesn't foos. I do think they need to actually be more tanky, but heavens no, you have, indeed, forseen the apocalypse. I'd rather be jealous of a Paladin than see the horrid advice I get actually WORK. Spamming empower may be in our future... Shudder.

(I mock it a lot in my intro because people tell me how to be the shiziest Marauder-focus tank. They're like, spam empower, that's how to be good, and... no. No no no no. That's. No. That's how you get Paladins WAY better than Warriors holding onto that Marauder ability.)

I want to feel like I have talent in choosing what seems most true to the character. Again, though, can't help but laugh that my boyfriend's a bard and I'm-- ah. Confess: I look at myself as a warrior since I'm nearly there and am like, YES. WARRIOR. After some consideration... And everyone arguing Paladins tank better, Warriors just have that enmity, but I have a SMIDGEN to go. :sorry: My shame replying to warrior threads.

Maraudering is entirely different, I know, but I'm eager to say come at me and steal gladiator glory! Then Paladin! Muahaha, you and your pretty little highlander guild leader! Who sends me on quests to kill wicked marauders. So rude. You cowering ladies and your random healing ability.

Your flash and shields only do so much. :rage:!! In the name of farming oranges and dodos! :mad:!!! Till sea swallows all our lice-infested sheep!
    :hilarious: Oh please god, er, twelve, lul, no one take my rivalry seriously.

Noilane likes this.
  10. Noilane

Noilane Adventurer

i would like this till there is no tommorow if i could!
    TILL THE SEA SWALLOWS ALL MY FELLOW WARRIOR!

11. Kaven

Kaven Crystal Brave

Not sure of the changes being implemented, but Warriors certainly aren't as squishy as everyone makes them out to be. I've seen and been in groups that have successfully conquered Coil 1-4 with a Warrior MT'ing and/or OT'ing, problem is this game has been dummed down so much in terms of ease that any class that requires some train of thought on how to actually play is immediately frowned upon because <random high % inserted> of people that attempt to play the class fail miserably.

As for BRD being looked down upon, the class is an essential class to have when 8 manning, Mana Song / FoE requiem, they were always intended as a support class and are probably being nerfed to put their dps down a touch so they are recruited for parties to do just what they were initially intended for.

The buffs/nerfs inc are there to provide a less linear approach a lot of FC's have adopted, currently a lot of FC's take a certain party comp for all encounters to get an easy kill.

12. Comrade Questions

Comrade Questions Adventurer

I really hope they don't nerf Bard's too much, while we do decent dps we are also rather squishy particularly compared to dragoons at least in my experience (we are running around in tights and cloth while dragoons are in full badass armor), and we do have the uber lame limit break; but, I would gladly trade in some additional DPS for some additional support characteristics, like a damage-reduction song (and keep in mind our damage goes down 20% with songs, thus lowering us even further) or something along those lines? I'd actually like to see the Bard develop more into a support character, even though originally I would have been opposed to giving up DPS.

Noilane likes this.
  13. Noilane

Noilane Adventurer

i like your idea

BUT

i bet there will be tons of meh kids that will dump their bards cuz of being forced more into a supportive/dps hybrid

but i would love to see more songs for more group support :)
    i know why i love our two bards cuz they know when to play songs :3