Astrologian Astrologian

Discussion in 'Disciples of Magic' started by Beefylee, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    other then DK i actually am far more interested in Astrologian over the new dps class which looks like another support dps hybrid kind of
    And dear gods there better not be rng for astrologian or else the group would always die, haha

2. Spokey Dokey

Spokey Dokey Crystal Brave

Server:
    Ultros
    I hope that Astro doesn't get the shaft like SCH in regards to gear. That said, for the love of RNGesus can 3.0 make WHM, SCH, and ASTRO gear separate from one another? The classes are nor the same, not should their gear be. It drives me nuts.

delta5ff likes this.
  3. Crimson Requiem

Crimson Requiem Scion

Not sure what you mean about SCH getting shafted on gear? Last time I checked they use the same exact gear as WHM XD. Minus the weapon. You are aware that you can do different builds using different gear sets yes?

4. Spokey Dokey

Server:
    Ultros
    Yes. But when my SCH has to wear i110 gear (which I have to spend a fortune on, counting melds) meanwhile WHM can walk around in 130 it is a little annoying. We have to sacrifice a lot. WHM just puts gear on and goes. SCH does not need spell speed. Or piety.

5. Lord Tristem

Lord Tristem Crystal Brave

Server:
    Lamia
    Honestly I am intrigued about this class as with the Machinist class but honestly I have no idea what its gonna be like. Maybe it focuses on status buffs and afflictions since Offensive, Support and Summoning magic are already covered.

6. Crimson Requiem

Crimson Requiem Scion

Well depending on what content you have completed determines what kind of gear you have available. My SCH is decked out in item level 130 gear stuff so not sure what you are doing different that you need to use 110 stuff.

Linky. To current gear set.

Rainbowie likes this.
  7. Spokey Dokey

Server:
    Ultros
    Look all this is obvious. You're missing my point (and talking to me like I'm an idiot). One would think that i130 is better than i120, i110 and so forth. This is not really the case with SCH. Not to mention the Demon Skirt is arguably better than the Dread pants and the Demon belt is better than the augmented iron works (which they shouldn't be because its a lower item level). Oh and the demon gloves are also best in slot. Like what? And melded i110 is argubably better than Dread earrings. They are small preferences but a SCH needs CRIT. I shouldn't be debating and going back and forth from i110 and i130 earrings. It should be i130 end-game gear without contest. I simply wear i130 Dread so I can feel accomplished.

All SCH complain about this. I'm assuming you don't main SCH. "Oh cool this has spell-speed. Just what I needed. Not."

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  8. Crimson Requiem

Crimson Requiem Scion

SCH isn't my main but I play it quite often. If you looked at my current gear set you would have noticed that almost none of the pieces of gear that I have have Spell Speed on them. So your "Oh cool this has spell-speed. Just what I needed. Not" means nothing to me and is a very weak retort. Your complaint about SCH gear not being on par with WHM seems very weak as well. Since I don't have any problems keeping up with a similarly gear WHM or SCHs. It might just be you?

I'm aware on what stats SCH needs and why. Stacking CRIT is nice but I don't really see the point in stacking an obscene amount of CRIT to the point where it doesn't raise my crit chance to the next tier. I rather not rely on RNG if I don't have to.

Gear is funny because item level doesn't mean anything. It's all the gear together that makes the stats. A good balance of stats in needed in order to perform well. Stacking CRIT and nothing else isn't going to automatically make someone the best SCH or that they win FFXIV somehow.

I don't need to tout or show off ilvl130 gear. I just need to do my job. That's enough accomplishment for me. We all play differently and I'll leave it at that.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
    Rainbowie likes this.
  9. Rainbowie

Rainbowie Adventurer

Server:
    Brynhildr
    As a SCH main myself (and only 50). I can see the benefit of having separate gear from the other healing classes. But I don't feel gimped at all with a similarly geared WHM. Sure I'd love a little more of that or a little more this, but that comes with better gear. I don't want crit to be my sole factor on gear as a SCH, since I don't wanna rely on critting to be efficient. If there was going to be a separation at 3.0, though, I hope they don't change any of the past gear set and only separate the the level 51+ gear coming with Heavensward.

10. Spokey Dokey

Server:
    Ultros
    I can keep up. Nor am I saying it is not on par. Nor am I saying CRIT is all a SCH needs. In fact, I've only really talked about stats they don't necessarily need. Sigh. Again, you're missing the point. The classes are different. They play different. As such they should have separate gear sets. How is this impossible to grasp? How many different ways should I say it? Yes the same applies (or should) for WAR and PLD. But we're not talking about them here. If the various different DPS classes get their own armor, why not the healing classes? It isn't about touting or showing off i130 gear its about having the need to unlock it. I don't need to run T11 because the drops are not that great for my SCH. This is kind of silly in my opinion. Yes there are different combinations and different sets, no kidding. That's not the point. One would think that in order to preform my job at the highest level that the end-game content would drop gear that provides that. Unfortunately it doesn't. Sure its cool that you can mix and match and this creates variety among players, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth when gear I got 9 months ago is better than gear that just came out the other day. At this point its like, "Well I guess I'll throw these on because hell, I've been wearing the same gear for months now. Oh. I also need the high item level to do this raid." Kinda stinky. It wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't a required item level but it kind of worries me for the future because I might be forced into using gear that is not good (for my class) so I can do raids. It isn't a problem right now, but it might be if they keep it up.

I like unlocking things. I like using things I unlock. When I unlock something (get loot) that I cannot use even though I had to go through death after death after death in FCOB it all seems kind of meaningless. Sure there's the great feeling of accomplishing the fight and doing my job (which isn't much of an accomplishment because it is my job after all, I should do it well), but the prize you get isn't really worth it at all. Meanwhile it is for everyone else. SCH is left just shaking his or her head in the corner saying, "Well I did my job and we won. I feel so good about winning. That's the real prize." While everyone else is saying, "Yeah yeah yeah, but look at this sweet loot I can wear!!!"

Going to walk away from this conversation as its going nowhere.

Smug people are smug.

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  11. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    I myself only go as sch once in a while but have heard the same thing from other scholars in regards to the gear in which sure sch and whm share the gear (same as smn and blm) but i think the stats are more beneficial to whm? Again I have not looked at it too much just what i heard from various people. Blm and Smn is the same were as certain gear is more beneficial to one over the other.
    Se should really just have seperate gear...
    Although i do not mind being able to use accesories i have from my Bard on Ninja, lol

Crimson Requiem likes this.
  12. charyn

charyn Adventurer

Server:
    Brynhildr
    True story, I saw someone posted the preview for AST, fell in love with the look of the class, and here I am 2 months later completely addicted to this game.... I'd been meaning to pick up ffxiv ever since I got a ps4 but I think that was the final push. Kudos to whoever designed it :p I love that it sounds like they'll have a lot of versatility and hope it'll be easier to manage my hotbars on a controller compared to SCH. I do like the busyness of SCH so I'm glad that they mentioned that you'll have to juggle a lot of things and make quick decisions about whether to use/combine cards.

ilmaestro, delta5ff and Spokey Dokey like this.
  13. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    Yeah it may not be as easy for sch on say a console because of hotbars so i use macros :)

charyn likes this.
  14. charyn

charyn Adventurer

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Macros and extended hotbars made my life a lot easier, that's for sure. Rouse + Fey Illu + Whispering Dawn is my favorite panic button xD I've been meaning to set up a cleric stance macro to automatically switch to an offensive bar, but too lazy right now...

I'm curious about how they'll handle adding more skills from 50-60. Or if they'll just throw controller users into the deep end and hope they'll figure something out. It'll also be interesting to jump straight into the HW classes with a bunch of skills instead of gradually getting used to them when levelling from 1 to 30.

Jinzuku likes this.
  15. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

I'm guessing we just get thrown into the deep end and hope we can swim.. I'm not to fussed for now, I still have a full hotbar left but some people may have to cull some less useful abilities

16. Beefylee

Beefylee Adventurer

I've heard from Mr Happy that we may be getting like 5 new abilities by 60, So I would also assume that that would include 2 passives so thats quite a lot.

Do you guys think there will be a guild in Ishgard for the new classes and that's why you cannot access them or do you think they will pop up in the 3 city states??

Also I'm very excited VERY EXCITED! :imdead:

17. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

From what I've heard their guilds are in Ishhard. At lea9thats what Mr happy said

18. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    I'm sure I heard there will only be 2 new skills between 50 and 60 and these will be given at level 55 and 60 through job quests. Not sure where Mr Happy gets 5 from.

19. Crimson Requiem

Crimson Requiem Scion

Do we have concrete info on this or does Mr.Happy have inside info and we should just trust everything he says? XD

20. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    To be honest I don't remember seeing any concrete number regarding this (yet another detail kept secret). Considering I've never watched a Mr Happy video (and don't plan to) I have no idea what he says. 2 new skills would kind of make sense since they are trying to shift out classes. If it was to follow the current model you would get your two job skills and some extra class skills as you level.

Crimson Requiem likes this.