Astrologian Astrologian

Discussion in 'Disciples of Magic' started by Beefylee, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Beefylee

Beefylee Adventurer

So who is excited about this new class? I for one am really excited I have mained WHM since Oct and now I have accidentally pushed the ilvl on my SCH over my WHM and I'm loving using the SCH. i wonder do you think it will be the best of both worlds. big numbers on demand and shields on demand what more could you want or do you think it may be more a "jack of all trades master of none kinda" deal.

lets use this thread to just speculate and maybe a wish list.

Do you think the divining Deck will have random elements or will you be able to choose what you draw. or maybe like a ninjas Mudras you use them in combinations. I'm excited and want to see what this new heals can do.

2. Billy Batsonn

Billy Batsonn Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I'm looking forward to this class. I'm lvling my WHM now and starting to enjoy healing. I'm hoping the cards have a random element, just becouse it would seem more fun.

3. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

The cards are random. If you don't like/need what you draw you can save it for later then draw another card to add to the first to get a new spell. From what I understand combining cards will be more powerful but I'm still a little fuzzy on it.

As for "stance dancing" there's going to be some restriction on it. Still unsure if this will be done through cooldowns or some proc based system. They didn't want the job to be op by allowing you to switch at well with no restrictions

4. Ivy

Ivy Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Gilgamesh
    I actually hope the randomness won't be too bad...the class will be awkward in a raid environment then. I'm considering leveling it on my WHM main after I get her to 60 for potential raid content, but my focus lies in the class I already know I enjoy.

Caimie Tsukino and Hermes like this.
  5. Beefylee

Beefylee Adventurer

To be honest I'm likely gonna get the all to 60 I've done so much extra class leveling that i don't mind the idea of getting a full taste of what each class offers . Looking forward to taking these new classes back to old content to see how they handle it.

6. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

Like I said if you get a card that won't be beneficial at the time you can save it for later when you do need it or to combine with another. They wouldn't make a job that's not viable. Their too concerned with everything been balanced and no one getting left behind because they like a paticular job for that to happen. I don't think we will truly know how the cards work until we get hands on but I wouldn't worry to much

7. Hermes

Hermes Scion

Ya, the AST will play like Ace from type-0, if you don't like the card you keep drawing until you do, and the effects get stronger. There will be a lot of RNG for it in tight situations, but sounds fun?

Which worries me now... I don't want to have to rebuild my HUD... Where is that notice gonna pop??

:stress:

delta5ff likes this.
  8. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    Not sure if I would like a class that is run by SE's version of RNG, doesn't sound like a good idea.

I do like the sound of the job in theory but I guess it will depend on how it's implemented. From looking at the early concept art for the job it's very clear that it all revolves around the cards more than anything else.

9. Crimson Requiem

Crimson Requiem Scion

And this why I'm naming my Astrologian Miss Cleo. XD The card drawing aspect sounds very reminiscent of Corsair from FFXI.

10. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    I totally agree with that! Just BRD, PLD, MNK & WHM is more than enough for me to chew on! LOL!
    I never got good with DRG, WAR, DRG, BLM & SMN :/
    It'll be fun to learn and level up the new upcoming classes, but I doubt I'd be any good at those within a few months.
    I think cute miqote and tiny lalas will look funny with being DarkKnights with that ridiculously large sword :p
    As for Astrologian, we really need more information on how the class is played... At this point, it's so hard to predict what it's gonna be like...

11. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    I really really hope it's not RNG based... Can you imagine...
    "AOE heal pls, Astrologian!"
    "Sorry, got a bad card... have to wait 30 sec..."
    ":arghh:"

"LB! Astrologian LB!"
    "Sorry, I got a bad card... let me try another one..."
    "LB now!"
    "Sorry, still got a bad card... let me try another..."
    ":dead:"

"Shield! Astrologian, use shield!"
    "Sorry, got a heal card instead... let me try another one..."
    "Just flip all the cards, and pick the right one, damn it!"
    "That wont do! Astrologians have rules! We have to draw cards from a deck. We can't pick cards."
    "O_O"

12. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

That's been my main problem with all the new jobs so far. Lack of information on them. I want to be hyped for them so badly but we know next to nothing on how they play
    You've got to admit that would make one hell of a entertaining run

racooperii and Caimie Tsukino like this.
  13. Crimson Requiem

Crimson Requiem Scion

I doubt it is going to be fun for indecisive people. XD

delta5ff likes this.
  14. Rainbowie

Rainbowie Adventurer

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Just place your Heart in the Cards. I'm sure you'll win the Yu-Gi-Oh Tournament, then!

Crimson Requiem and racooperii like this.
  15. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    RNG has ruined my life enough in Drop Rates/Gathering/Crafting, now it has to enter combat too!

I hope the cards are more like buffs to their Static Abilities, like the Astrologian version of Cure you draw a card now your Cure can Esuna as well, or drops a Shield, or on the next cast increases Def for X amount of time. That I think would work a lot nicer than having totally random abilities.

16. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    I am sure the RNG (if there is any) in Ast is not gonna be critical. Otherwise the class will be quite useless.
    "Astrologian, use esuna! We are poisoning to death!"
    "Sorry, this is not the right card... Let me draw another..."
    "Hurry up, damn it"
    "I keep getting unrelated cards... What is this... Tataru card?"
    "Aint that a triple triad 1 star card?"
    "Ah, I was drawing cards from my triple triad deck. No wonder."
    "Dude! Get your combat deck, will ya?"
    "I think i took the wrong deck from home this morning... Hey lend me your chocobo? I'll go get it."
    ".................."

17. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    It would be cool if you could use your Triad Cards as related ability affects. 1mil Cloud Strive, OMNISLASH! Never gonna happen, but a funny thought to me.

delta5ff likes this.
  18. Crimson Requiem

Crimson Requiem Scion

How can we ever forget "Heart of the Cards." I think we are going to be seeing a lot of this in people's macros. XD

racooperii likes this.
  19. Rainbowie

Rainbowie Adventurer

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I know I'm making a lot of Magic the Gathering and Yu-Gi-Oh puns already.

20. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I play my Phyraxian Plague Lord!