Astrologian Astrologian - 3.0 Skills Revealed

Discussion in 'Disciples of Magic' started by AgelessDaisy, Jun 17, 2015.

1. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    When you have 18 buttons on your mouse that are easily accessible to your thumb, it certainly helps :p

Otherwise you need to Bind your skills in all kinds of places taking into account finger dexterity and how much it could affect your movement.

2. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Crystal Brave

I currently play on the PS4, but from WoW/Aion/several others on the PC its just a numbers game. Even with just a 3 button mouse you end up having hotbars with 12 options instead of 8 so there's less cycling. I'm also aware i'm simplifying that that what with several hotbars on screen and alt-ctrl options.

I only play bard and i still sometimes accidentally pop a health potion or activate battle voice because I'm pressing buttons a bit too fast.:heh:

GeekMatt likes this.
  3. Spokey Dokey

Spokey Dokey Crystal Brave

Server:
    Ultros
    I hold the controller like a muppet anyway so like... I can run around, flip hotbars, etc without a problem. Pure skill over here, my man, pure skill. I have never held a controller "properly" in my life.

Edit: I showed up at a LAN (I'm old, OK, and LAN parties are still cool) once and someone was like, "You play claw?" And I was like, "Beg your pardon? What's that?" He points at my hands and I'm like, "Uhh, been holding it like this since I was 5. I have no idea what you're talking about."

4. Doc Wagon

Doc Wagon Adventurer

What the heck is "play claw?" I have an inkling, but curious. If I could get my very old school trackball mouse to work consistently with my PS4, I'd consider running KB+ mouse for healing. Fortunately I've managed to retrain the brain to a controller cross-bar layout that works for me. 48 buttons is more than enough for me.

Interesting/cool thing with AsT is that it won't require, at least appears that way, a bar created specifically for damage dealing stance like I know some people create for Cleric Stance.

5. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    Google says
    [​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

Doc Wagon and daztora like this.
  6. Doc Wagon

Doc Wagon Adventurer

Wow that just seems...unnatural...lol. Actual looks potentially cramp inducing, but who cares, whatever works to prevent dirt naps.

delta5ff likes this.
  7. AgelessDaisy

AgelessDaisy Scion

Server:
    Jenova
    I play with a controller and keyboard and some people ask me in-game how I can type so fast while holding a controller, they're astonished at my ability to do 2 things at once. Didn't think multi-tasking was a commendable feat, but it seems it is.

Anyways, just some things you guys should know. Astrologian has a skill bug with the macro system. Don't use any macro's with AST skills. Currently Ascend doesn't work with macro's and I tried using Swiftcast. I think you have to hard cast it. I'll try it again. Rumor is going around it's the same thing for Dark Knight as well. We'll see a hotfix soon I'm guessing.

[​IMG]

AST Cheat Sheet. Found it on Reddit.

Ran some test last night. Enhanced Astrologian cards are VERY powerful. Tested the Haste Card on a 60 Monk. They LOVE it. Not to mention an Enhanced Balance Card increases DPS by I think a solid 400+ DPS. Since the tooltip says it increases the 10% enhancement by 150% potency.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    Jinzuku, GeekMatt and racooperii like this.
  8. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

I've been a console gamer my whole life so outside of strategy games a mouse and keyboard just feel wrong

daztora and GeekMatt like this.
  9. daztora

daztora Crystal Brave

With me, if i want precision (FPS) i use a mouse, action games racing etc i use a controller. I tried using a controller for this game but i am too used to playing WoW so it came natural with KB&M

10. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

Using a controller is one of the main reasons I'm a healer. Been a healer is much easier on controller than been a tank or dps imo

11. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

As a tank or dps selecting the right target can be a real pain. And for tanking I need to use macros to mark targets otherwise it just takes to long. But as a healer all I need to do is press up or down to select the party member I need to heal. And you know exactly what order you'll be scrolling through them where as when it comes to mobs you never quite know what order the game thinks they should be in

etherealskies likes this.