Astrologian Astrologian - 3.0 Skills Revealed

Discussion in 'Disciples of Magic' started by AgelessDaisy, Jun 17, 2015.

1. AgelessDaisy

AgelessDaisy Scion

Server:
    Jenova
    Note: Wouldn't let me make the thread without a Prefix. So I put Scholar. I hope we're getting new Prefixes put in to clear up guide confusion!

Found this nifty bit of information on reddit this morning when I got up. Hope you all enjoy it. So from what it seems, Astrologian is going to be very nice in terms of speedy casting. Benefic seems like our Cure/Physick. But they have an instant cast proc instead of a Free Proc like White Mage. VERY interesting.

[​IMG]

daztora, Hermes and charyn like this.
  2. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    MrHappy covered all of this in his video, it's some good info

A lot of important information we're still waiting on for the skills though, which'll greatly impact how the job is played, like cost, CD times, etc.

One of the craziest things was apparently you have to decide your proactive (SCH-like) or reactive (WHM-like) stance BEFORE you start a fight, I think this is called Nocturnal Sect. If it's true it's really unusual

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    Caimie Tsukino, daztora and Hermes like this.
  3. Hermes

Hermes Scion

The shuffle-spread mechanic is going to be interesting!!! I'll be interested to see how that plays out.

AST is going to be hella challenging to play well.

And holy crap, they have a lot of raid utility with single and AoE dmg...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    Crimson Requiem likes this.
  4. AgelessDaisy

AgelessDaisy Scion

Server:
    Jenova
    I'm so psyched for Astrologian. Simply because I love the healing power of a White Mage, yet I love the defensive mitigation capabilities of a Scholar. They just took both jobs and put them into one! :D SO EXCITED! Also #AstrologianLalafell2Cute4U

5. Spokey Dokey

Spokey Dokey Crystal Brave

Server:
    Ultros
    I am so ready. SCH have been training for this moment since day one. Lets go!

6. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Crystal Brave

This seems like its physically impossible to play on a controller:haha:

7. AgelessDaisy

AgelessDaisy Scion

Server:
    Jenova
    Nah.

8. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Sounds like it will be able to do change according to the encounter/group. Im....actually interested now

9. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I don't think it'll be nearly as bad as SCH.

Hermes and daztora like this.
  10. Doc Wagon

Doc Wagon Adventurer

AsT sound like a lot of fun, challenging yet powerful in the right hands. I have a sneaking suspicion that if you can't stance dance like a WhM, there is a card you can draw that allows it.

daztora likes this.
  11. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    There's 6 cards.
    1. Heal potency up
    2. Spellspeed/skillspeed up
    3. Reduce MP cost
    4. Reduce TP cost
    5. Recast time reduction
    6. Reduced incoming damage

Doc Wagon and daztora like this.
  12. daztora

daztora Crystal Brave

Skipped the mrhappy vid, but from what people have said on here etc.

Awesome!, basically from what it sounds if two AST drop in the same duty finder for 8 mans one can opt to shield other heal, before pull etc. Sounds very nice, as it stands if 2 WHMS drop in its basically a Renew fest and Stoneskin Protect fights :p, I have only done 2 SCH's once or twice and that is equally as awkward. Though with randoms who knows, but at least the option is still there, if that is how the mechanic will work.

However, Cleric Stance dancing was what i first thought it would be like, it still could be, which in itself could just be pure broken in 4 mans aha!

*Edit*

Blew my load too fast and didnt notice theres a card that could function as stance dancing, gonna be broken as heck. can't wait

13. Doc Wagon

Doc Wagon Adventurer

Are there only 6 cards, or only 6 he had access to/saw in action? I haven't watched the video yet, saving for maintenance window.

14. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    It was said that there's only 6 cards, but this information was translated by fans and it's possible it's not all 100% accurate.

daztora likes this.
  15. Hermes

Hermes Scion

There are only 6 cards.

The stance dancing isn't a huge deal.... There is only limited functionality to this and it only affects a few skills. And this functionality does come with reduced potency...

It's worth watching happy vid. I think he does a really good job explaining. The cards will sit on a 30 sec countdown. At most you can draw 2 cards and the shuffle feature will sit on a longer countdown (1min?)

You will have 15sec to use a card, or use spread to save a card for later. This skill will also sit on a 2 min countdown. Or you can replace the card in your deck for royal road... Which will buff the next card you draw.

Tbh, this is all a little gimmicky, but will make the role fun.

The real news of this job is the AoE stun, Gravity, and all the AoE/single targets. I mean... This is basically a time mage, with cards. That, and collective sunconscience is like the bane for good witches... Damn that's a nice skill.

I will most definitely play this after I raise my mains to 60.

16. Doc Wagon

Doc Wagon Adventurer

Watched the video, but unless a video is from the developer themselves, anything pre-release I take with a grain of salt.

I did take another, closer, look at the notes though and found the name of the six cards.

- the Balance
    - the Bole
    - the Arrow
    - the Spear
    - the Ewer
    - the Spire

Seems like there may be a lot of micromanaging involved to make it shine. As he commented, it may drive a number of folks away from it. Same may go for machinist with it's shot system. 21 hrs and change.... Gah! It'll be hard to sleep.

daztora and Jinzuku like this.
  17. daztora

daztora Crystal Brave

I only really watch two people 'serious' related to FF14 on YouTube, MTQ because it isn't a 20+ minute boss fight explanation, me personally kind of a short attention span, i like quick and snappy then its on to personal learning, again personal, some ignorance as well maybe.

And Pharazon who focuses solely on Healing, he does go in depth over macros and the such, which is nice. But i will more then likely try to find a Warrior after HW hits if MTQ doesn't do class stuff, because i think she mains Warrior, and i have a nice little BLM guide to look over here when i want to see meteors

Anyway derailing here i think, i apologize, will contemplate also trying to sleep without seeing cards @Doc Wagon and imagining how similar the countdown 10 image is to my character (And many others most likely, but still let me have this for a while ahah)

Also @AgelessDaisy are you going you to stick with Lala now? I thought you wanted breasts.

Doc Wagon likes this.
  18. Crimson Requiem

Crimson Requiem Scion

If you want to follow a Warrior guide then Xenosys Vex would be the one to watch. He does Warrior guides right.

AST in FFXIV seems like a huge mash up of three different jobs. WHM/SCH healers, COR from FFXI, and a Time Mage from the FF series.

Doc Wagon and daztora like this.
  19. daztora

daztora Crystal Brave

Ah yes thank you!! I saw a video of his last year randomly of him just building strength and not giving a s**t like a hero, but couldn't remember the name.

Much appreciated! :swoon:

Crimson Requiem likes this.
  20. Spokey Dokey

Spokey Dokey Crystal Brave

Server:
    Ultros
    I find it 100x easier to do anything on the controller vs the mouse/keyboard. Not too sure how you kids do it.

delta5ff likes this.