White Mage 3.0 skills

Discussion in 'Disciples of Magic' started by Hermes, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Hermes

Hermes Scion

Agreed. I was SpS before 3.0... Now I'm moving to crit.

Also, SpS isn't affecting HoT from what I see...

2. joshua david

joshua david Crystal Brave

Server:
    Cactuar
    yea ive tried a few variations (gear +/- PoM) and see no benefit.
    oddly enough i seem to notice an increase to dots, slightly. im sure when i3billion gear comes out and has 100 sps on each there may be a difference but currently its meh.

3. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I'm curious about how SS will affect DoTs/HoTs number-wise. I suspect there will be sweet spots that allow you to get off 1 or 2 more ticks, just waiting on someone better than I to do the math :p

I use to be DET > SS WHM, and CRIT > DET SCH (which was annoying to try and manage both gearsets when healing isn't even my main). But now I think I'm going DET > Crit WHM/AST and hanging up my Eos, just because I don't have the drive to try and master SCH without a keyboard and mouse (I'm sure I could, but it would require more effort than any other job in the game).

joshua david likes this.
  4. joshua david

Server:
    Cactuar
    thats one thing i was confused about. i thought the changes to speed would increase the # of ticks as well, especially since i couldnt see an improvement in my hots. but try as i might, my regen never went over 7 ticks.
    maybe there is a sweet spot out there. i just cant obtain it yet.

and the new sch skills + my controller has me a little concerned. ive only gotten it to 52 and ive rearranged all that i can with one spot left open...
    its really gonna aggravate me if i have to keep a few spots variable due to content ill tackle.
    this has already happened on my whm bar. i have to remember to replace stone 3 with 2 whenever the game decides to drop me in ARR content for a high level roulette ( while i get 51+ dungeons on low level roulette, go figure)

GeekMatt likes this.
  5. HeroMystic

HeroMystic Scion

Server:
    Hyperion
    Should be noted that Presence of Mind no longer doubles spell speed, which is why you aren't seeing benefits from it into HoTs/DoTs. It simply lowers the GCD recast now.

6. Hermes

Hermes Scion

Oh?!?!? I missed that!!!! Thank you!!!

Also, I don't think HoT are affected by SpS?!?? (Correct me if I'm wrong!!!)

7. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Since 3.0 DoTs and HoTs are now influenced by Spellspeed/Skillspeed. But I don't think people are seeing much of a difference

8. HeroMystic

HeroMystic Scion

Server:
    Hyperion
    You always needed a lot of SpS/SkS to spot a noticable difference, I wouldn't be surprised if DoTs/HoTs worked the same way.

9. ilmaestro

ilmaestro Crystal Brave

I think people aren't seeing much difference yet because a) noone has really had a chance/reason to spec towards them via overmelds or via having multiple options of top level gear and b) they very obviously attacked skills that buff those stats, such as PoM mentioned by Hero, and Selene's new Fey Wind.

10. Hermes

Hermes Scion

Looking through reddit, I can't find any verified data on HoTs being affected. I don't have the "means" of verifying these data, but if there are any anonymous parsers out there willing to gear up and down on SPS to test this out, that'd be awesome.

11. joshua david

Server:
    Cactuar
    yea i saw a thread on reddit re: speed testing. something like +100 sps = 2% increase iirc :apology:

ilmaestro, HeroMystic and Hermes like this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Scion

Can you find the link?!? I've been through reddit all week and can't find it... I'll look again...

13. joshua david

Server:
    Cactuar
    trying to find it but looking up a thread on reddit is a pain. will edit when i can find it

14. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

From what I understand spell speed and skill speed don't affect the number of ticks but the power of the ticks. I am going off of an old Mr happy video so it may have changed since then

15. Hermes

Hermes Scion

From what I can tell SpS has a very tiny effect on HoT potency, but it's almost soooo tiny tbh to tell... If ppl have tested this rogorously, I'd believe it wasn't in my head. I'm not going to go out of my way now to stack SpS over CRIT or DET.

My biggest pet peeves these days is the number of WHM I see wasting their asylums on small mechanics, as if it were a sacred soil. It is NOT... The HoT is low, so if ppl aren't there for the duration of the cast due to mechanics, it's a waste.

I typically see this when ppl are stacking for the jump mechanic in a1... Or before the AoE blast in A4... Total fail, you've done nothing but waste a useful AoE HoT that would be better spent on top of the tank/DPS when they are fighting in a pile...

The other one I see if WHM who blast their assize off at full Mp because of a small AoE that would have been better to cast a medica, or med2... Or worse, before they swiftcast a holy... ...and then they wonder why they are oom like the fight is hard like that... *facepalm*

WHM should never be oom unless they are res'ing a lot...

delta5ff and GeekMatt like this.
  16. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    And if oom because of rezing, stop rezing unless unavoidable.

I agree with your post, except I'd add that any free skill that doesn't get used in the amount of time it would take to cooldown was probably under-utilized. It's like a tank not using a 90s CD to mitigate damage because he'll need it in >3 minutes to block a tank buster. Ultimately it could've been used to mitigate (or in healers case, freely heal) 3 times as much damage. But this sort of thing is based on experience and ability to predict when you need the skill.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 15, 2015 ---
    And along that line if thinking, if you're standing around bored at full mp, you're performing under your potential.