White Mage 3.0 skills

Discussion in 'Disciples of Magic' started by Hermes, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Hermes

Hermes Scion

I will be editing (large sections of) my WHM guide in a few weeks after I've had a little more time to play with the skills (and unlock the final job skills).

But wanted to share my experience so far and get feedback from anyone who is playing this role.

First off, old skills... Protect is no longer special for WHM, a little bummed that we got a class trait taken away... I haven't looked yet to see if this was replaced with anything...

Secondly, Holy got heavily nerfed to reduce dmg output with larger groups of targets (damn you SE...). It's potency (200) scales down 10% for each new mob.

Having said that, I'm not holy spamming in the dungeons (yet) aside from a few choice pulls.

DoTs and HOTs scale to SpS!!!! Yes!!!! Aero is now Really really really 110% more useful!

Skills:
    Stone 3 has completely replaced Stone 2. No benefit to keeping both on the hotbar

Asylum - honestly, the potency is pretty weak... But it's pretty, and can help supplement heals on the tank or party... Not super useful.
    [edit, useful supplemental healing on pulls, or damage mitigation on mechanic-heavy phases with medica2 or regen]

Assize, however... Wow, I need the time to play with this more. Dual aoe heals/dmg with potency 300!!! Wow. Plus a 10% MP recovery on a 90s CD!!! Yes please!!!!!! Wow... This skill is so delicious.... I just can't even...
    [edit, discussion below... Super useful!]

I am about to get Tetragammatron, so will get back to you all after I play with this lustrate-like skill

and Aero3.... I'm excited... TBD later. It will give an AoE DOT, which can stack with aero 1 and 2?!?!
    [edit, amazing skill, pretty. Stacks with aero 1/2 for solo work, or useful as part of dungeon DPS rotation, as discussed below]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    Caimie Tsukino, Jinzuku and delta5ff like this.
  2. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

You missed that it levels out at 50% potency for every mob after the fifth one. Still this gits hard as it was good for dealing solo content and speed runs. Honestly a healer gets one really good aoe damage spell and all the dps players get pissy over it:yell:
    Yeah somewhat lack luster. Honestly I normally forget about this.
    This is amazing, I love it. If the dps get there panties in a twist over this and get square to nerf it there WILL be blood:beatenup:

Hermes likes this.
  3. joshua david

joshua david Crystal Brave

Server:
    Cactuar
    love aero 3. utility and animation A+
    ass size is a wonderful skill. animation is killer as well.
    stone 3 hurts my eyes and becomes just a placeholder for that spammy spell.
    the pvp bubble thing we get for pve is alright. i think itll be better once we have learned the pattern of the fights. so many times ive set it down and the fight changes immediately after and it becomes wasted.
    baby benny is.. alright.
    my hotbars are about to pop. tempted to remove protect and let someone else cross class it :idea:

4. Hermes

Hermes Scion

lol. What's the CD on Tetragammatron? (Ie baby Benny)
    My computer at work is locked to game sites... Lol... And I still haven't looked at the specs yet. Does it work as % healed for DPS-healing, or as an instant potency cure off-CS?

5. joshua david

Server:
    Cactuar
    its on a 60 sec CD and 600 or 700 potency?? its nice to have an extra free heal but it hasnt impressed me yet. im sure there will be plenty of uses in endgame but as a fresh 60, its meh.

6. Hermes

Hermes Scion

That's a shame, so I need to remove CS... Boo... It's gonna have to replace my limit break on my main hotbar... Now I need to negotiate Aero3 in there somewhere...

Do you know if the dmg from assize works off mind or do you have to CS into it?

7. joshua david

Server:
    Cactuar
    ass size is 300 heal/dmg and affected by CS. either tickle the boss and heal the group or reck some mobs and blow kisses to your teammates.

8. Hermes

Hermes Scion

Thats what I had assumed, just haven't actually tried testing this out with any rigor.

Lol, but I like your imagery. I'll credit that in the guide update.

joshua david likes this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Scion

Assize, I've found works great at the end of a DPS-holy spam (while still in CS) for a nice instant 10% Mp regen, as I swap back out of cleric stance to heal.

Typically: CS >PoM> Holy (spam)> Ass> SoS

Aero3 is amazing. If I have the space to target single enemies in the field, I like to start off with it because it has such a long duration!!!.. Eg. aero3> aero2> aero> stone3> virus> stone3> fluid aura > stone3> swiftcast> stone3> aero> stone3

Otherwise, it's an amazing AoE skill to cast while in dungeon pulls if there large cluster of enemies if your tank isn't in immediate danger! I love this skill too!!

Caimie Tsukino and joshua david like this.
  10. joshua david

Server:
    Cactuar
    after doing bismark ex i like ass at the end as well. we can pump out so much dmg now. i see why they are removing our accuracy and changed holy.

Hermes likes this.
  11. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    You need time to play with your ass size more? It's delicious? I just can't even...

Didn't know your interest lies with the rear...
    I guess the machinists prefer Twin Guns, WHMs prefer ass size.

12. Hermes

Hermes Scion

I agree... I'm not happy, lol... But I agree.

BEx?? I'm not there yet... BHm annoys me... Lol... Can't wait!

13. joshua david

Server:
    Cactuar
    [​IMG]

Hermes and Jinzuku like this.
  14. Hermes

Hermes Scion

I'm almost done with farming vault, which has really given me a chance to play around with larger pulls with everything but baby-bene...

Here's what I've worked out as a primer for my new pull rotation, and I'm still working on it...
    (**Whm, please share your thoughts on how you handle DPS pulls!!)

(Stoneskin on tank to start)
    When that falls off, eye-for-eye
    When tank stops:
    Asylum >regen >CS >swift/aero3 >PoM/Holy(spam) >assize > SoS
    ... I'll need to come out of CS to heal, unless I need a bene, and/or come out and use a baby-bene...
    If I'm staying in CS, I cast another Aero3 and usually by then switch to stone3...

It's working great!!

Placing asylum in the beginning makes use of its otherwise lackluster healing. And it definitely gives me some room to DPS a little upfront before the tank is at risk. Of course, it's up to them to manage their CDs... But haven't had much of a problem with PLD or DrK... War, however... They are either dumb or just have a harder time with dmg mitigation...

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  15. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I've always said there's a big difference between a good WAR and a bad WAR and only your healer can tell :p

Hermes likes this.
  16. Hermes

Hermes Scion

Overall. I was never challenged as a healer until the final story dungeon and two optional dungeons... Especially for a few of the larger (or surprise) pulls. And now that I've gotten a more rounded view of the skills, I'm totally thrilled with most of the changes to our skillset!

Baby bene is lovely. It sits on a relatively short CD and supplements large heals when the tank (or DPS) needs an extra touch.

DS is now one of the most important skills to manage thoughtfully, and I've been really looking at swapping to crit stacked gears over straight SpS...

But I think I need to play with this a little more before I decide...

At least at current gears, it's pretty hard to overheal carelessly unless you just are wasting mp at great abandon. So, the proc'd and buffed heals need that asylum and stacked HoTs... But having so many instant and AoEs really helps!

Assize, I love you, and your 10% mp regen. I currently sit at 12000 mp, so 1200 free mp every few minutes... Omg yes!!!!

Will update my guide soon, but would love to hear your thoughts before doing so!!

GeekMatt likes this.
  17. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Server:
    Brynhildr
    57 WHM now, LOVING my Ass Size. Depending on the situation, it's serving me well as a DPS skill, a heal, and an MP regen, or sometimes all 3--I try not to neglect the skill and have it sit around for too long, because the CD isn't all that bad.

DS I've always been a big fan of on Regen and Medica II, but now there's Asylum as well. That's been my primary use with DS, though I also use it when the tank is hurting or when MP is low, overall it gets used frequetly.

Asylum I use during my Holy spam a lot, and otherwise use it much like a regular regen using it almost on CD outside of few choice moments. I use it all the time.

Stone III with PoM feels so OP. Just wish PoM wasn't such a long CD so I could do more pew pew T_T

Hermes and Sai like this.
  18. joshua david

Server:
    Cactuar
    a) i love that ass size is still being used
    b) i think i was too quick to call it baby benny. mini benny just rolls off the tongue easier. (loooove this skill)
    c) i was resistant at first but now having played whm for 10 days i can say i love the changes. i feel even more important, if that was even possible.

Hermes likes this.
  19. Hermes

Hermes Scion

Btw guys, super important to know about this change to SoS!

http://redd.it/3b59zj
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 29, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 29, 2015 ---
    What's your thoughts on SpS vs Crit now that we're at the end of the patch?!? Are you paying attention to secondary stats yet? Or just iLVL?

20. joshua david

Server:
    Cactuar
    unfortunately there are little choices currently. as a general rule i go iLvL> whatever*. im my head crit/det were worth 1/5th mind so the stats needed to be up there on lower iLvL to justify the hit in mind.
    ie, when they finally added an additional stat to pvp gear and some i110 pvp jewelry was better than i120 pve jewelry. or some WoD gear being pimp due to their crit/det combo.

however, once gear selections widen i plan to go back to my crit focused whm. with the new gear im sitting around 450 crit which, to me, is abysmal. however my det is nearly 500 which seems crazy.
    not sure how 3.0 will affect stat weights but in 2.xx i found 550 to be my sweet spot for crit. in doing so i normally hovered around 350 det. my heals/regens were epic, allowing me to save tons of mp.
    and since i could sleepwalk through most content sps was pointless. im an odd duck in that i only liked sps if i was playing sch and solo healing. i just hate the way sps eats whm's mp.

plus the idea of the crit stat now actually effecting the dmg/heal vs the old improving the critical % chance has me drooling!

edit: on a side note, if i were to see down the line that sps actually had an effect on dots/hots that were noticeable, i would probably have a change of heart since i rely greatly on both with my play style. sadly, with the amount of speed available, i just dont see the benefit yet.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    GeekMatt likes this.