XP Gain for Parents

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jinzuku, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    A question I have is what's the best way to level up alt classes when you don't always have time to finish a dungeon, or if you need to stop playing at any moment to look after a child?

Normally with single player games, I can press pause but in an MMO that becomes a lot more difficult.

Normally if you ask someone what's the best way to level up they will say to do your roulettes or do the Palace of the Dead, but I personally don't have the luxury of time that allows me to do those. However, as someone who likes to level all the classes to the max, I need to find alternative ways to achieve this.

Normally, what I do is beast tribe quests, FATEs and leves. Is this the best way or is there something better anyone can recommend?

Retry likes this.
  2. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    Yeah, I'm probably a good person to discuss this with you! :)

Firstly, there's no escape regarding dungeons... Personally, there are 2 types of dungeons which I find to be best for leveling. One is leveling roulette, two is the dungeon that is suitable for your current level. Both cases, you'll just have to pray that your child/children doesn't cry in the middle... or, you'll just have call "WAIT! BABY IS CRYING!"... Then bring your child/children to you, sit her/him on your lap, and try your best to finish the dungeon with a single hand (which I have done a few times). Let the other members of the party know that you have a baby crying, and they will usually be a bit more tolerating. But if you idle for over 9 min, you will get kicked automatically by the game anyway. Before I reached all-70, I did try my best to at least do leveling roulette, because its exp is just incredible (you get more than 3 million EXP when you're lvl 69). And if you get low level dungeons, the other party members can usually manage without much of your help.

Secondly, the other ways of leveling is actually much more tolerating regarding baby-sitting. Because you can "stop" any time. Here are the other items:

(A) Trial Roulette - best thing ever. 5-10 min can get you a crap load of EXP. And even if you go afk and died, no one can really kick you in the middle of combat. And they can carry you to victory.

(B) Beast Quest - For 50-60, Vath quests and Vanu quests are available. Vath is usually more time-efficient. If you have extra time, do Vanu too (but sometimes, it's very slow). For 60-70, do your Kojin quests. They're usually not that long and provide heaps of EXP.

(C) FATEs - Back in ARR, you can easily line-up your FATEs, and complete them all due to so many players in one location. Best way to do chain FATEs in ARR was to "touch-and-go", leaving behind an unfinished FATE for the other people to finish, while you move onto the next one. In HW, forget it! HW FATEs are bad. They give tiny EXP, and are very far apart from each other. They're also very hard to solo. In contrary, FATEs in SB are doable. But there's a trick to this. SB FATEs are also quite far from each other, but not as far as those in HW. SB FATEs also give rather stingy amount of EXP, but the trick is to do make use of the BONUS exp in Fates and do "chain-failing-FATEs". (i) For some FATEs in SB, they're marked with "extra bonus exp". They're pretty good. (ii) For some FATEs, a special monster will pop up right in the middle of the FATE. Killing it doesn't give much EXP, but killing it, and then finishing the FATE will activate bonus FATE EXP icon at the top of your screen, which will make all the upcoming FATEs give more EXP. (iii) As for "chain-failing-FATEs"... This is a special strategy I used... Basically, on the map, you search for FATEs that are about to end within 2 to 3 minutes. So you go there, and do your best to kill stuff or do damage to a boss. Then time is up, and you fail it. Then you move onto the next FATE on map that is also ending soon, and continue to fail each one. The reason for this, is because completing a whole FATE solo actually needs about 10+ min. But failing only needs 2 min. Let's say, for winning a FATE of a particular level, you get about 30K exp. Failing it would still get like 15K anyway. Even 12K is still more time-efficient than completing a FATE. So if you can get (ii) activated, then just chain-fail FATEs, you can actually level up in a reasonable speed. And since you do everything solo (with your chocobo), you can stop at any time to take care of kid(s).

(D) Remember to build up your resting bonus EXP bar (in blue) by resting in FC house, your own private house or an inn. You can gain this bonus exp even when you're online, as long as you're inside the house. So if you're crafting, you can do it inside the house to continuously build up the bonus.

(E) "Heat of Battle II" from FC buffs gives 10% more exp in battles.

(F) Eat a food before any battle activities for that 3% more exp. Just buy cheap food from the Gold Saucer or city vendors. And pop them generously.

Ganghis, Retry and Jinzuku like this.
  3. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    I do have a question about using FATEs. Whenever I look in the party finder, the FATEs section is always empty. Are these doable solo or do I have to get a party together to do them effectively?

Would you suggest to do the beast quests even if I have them at max reputation level? For the Kojin, I only just unlocked them so that's fine but for Samurai and Red Mage, I could only do the HW beast tribes to level them up.

4. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    ARR FATEs are mostly soloable (with a chocobo). But you don't need to solo them, as it is quite easy to find people working on them on the maps.
    HW FATEs are mostly NOT soloable, and they give pathetic EXP.
    SB FATEs are mostly soloable (with a chocobo). And if you take my advice to "chain-fail" the SB FATEs, you don't need to win any FATEs, so of course they are very soloable in that case.

Yes, beast quests' EXP scales according to you current level of the class which you chose to take the quest. You can ONLY complete the quest with that class after you have taken up the quest. And this is all independent of ranks, so you can have your ranks maxed out, and still get full benefit of EXP. It doesn't matter whether you are doing Kojin, Vath or Vanu. They all work the same way. Vanu just takes longer to do, so they're annoying. If your SAM and RDM can only take Vath and Vanu, then just take Vath and Vanu. Not a problem.

Jinzuku likes this.
  5. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    I see. All my classes were level 60 before SB so I wouldn't need to do ARR FATEs, and even HW FATEs would only be for SAM and RDM anyway.

I will try to do Kojin with my 60s, Vanu/Vath with SAM/RDM and then do FATES. This is in between trying to queue for dungeon roulettes if time allows.

Time to whip out the old Chocobo.

Caimie Tsukino likes this.
  6. Choochoobo

Choochoobo Crystal Brave

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Leviathan
    I agree that SB dungeons are ultimately going to be the best option, so if able, try to find a group of people you know to spam dungeons with you (and whom are also more patient to your situation). I'd also like to stress the quickness of PvP. Frontlines takes maybe roughly ten minutes and Astragalos-- or Rival Wings-- takes twenty minutes at maximum. I have had games under ten minutes in both. The experience isn't as great as dungeons but last night as a level 69 MNK I think I got about 600k exp for winning an Astragalos match?

Good luck!

Jinzuku and Caimie Tsukino like this.
  7. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    Plus they now have added bonus exp to fates + a chance of even more.
    Some fates there is a enemy that will show up during a fate and it grants you like a bonus for the next fate, use that on a fate that already has bonus and :)
    Back when SB first launched i leveled multiple jobs fairly quickly by doing a mix of dungeon and fates.
    Certain boss fates were rather awesome exp wise, too bad no one does them anymore :(

Caimie Tsukino likes this.
  8. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    I never thought of trying PVP to level up. Depending on the queue times I might give that a go. Especially when levelling healing classes as they are usually my weakest in a dungeon.

9. Choochoobo

Choochoobo Crystal Brave

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Leviathan
    Not sure how the Chaos PvP scene is, but I'd be surprised if your Astragalos que takes longer than eight-ish minutes. Frontlines can take up to twenty but usually averages around fifteen minutes to que in.

10. Jinzuku

Server:
    Phoenix
    Fair enough. I tried the new routine last night with much success but I ran out of time to do PVP because my wife wanted to watch Eastenders (a UK drama) on my PS4. The struggles
    :testify: