World of Final Fantasy

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Crimson Requiem, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Crimson Requiem

Crimson Requiem Scion

Anyone else playing this or thinking of picking it up?

I really want to play it but I want it for my vita for when I'm on the go and what not and to just play leisurely. Like when FFXIV is on maintenance. XD

2. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    I'm really not sure about this game. I've been on either side of the fence with it. I think it'll be one of those games I will get when it has been discounted heavily.

3. praysolace

praysolace Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I've been on the fence about it too, waiting to hear what people think of it. So if you do pick it up let me know how you like it :p

4. Crimson Requiem

Crimson Requiem Scion

So far I've been enjoying it. It's basically Pokemon but with FF bestiary. The stacking mechanic is unique and fun. Lots of customization in that sense and each beast has their own sphere board kind of like from FFX. Where they learn new skills, passive abilities, stat upgrades and evolutions. XD

5. praysolace

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Hmm. I'm not sure what to think about that. I've never been a big fan of monster-collection games, but sometimes I'll play them if the rest is good enough, and if I can be lazy enough with the monster mechanics and still progress through the story. Like, Ni No Kuni I liked despite the monster mechanics, but I don't think I could ever play Pokemon...

And I remain on the fence, lol

6. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    You could always try the demo ;)
    But i will not be getting it, at least not until a big price drop.
    Games in Canada are $80, this game to me is not that value, lol

7. praysolace

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I did try the demo... it has no story and doesn't really explain the battle system, lol. I don't feel like I should trust my "meh" feelings on the demo to be representative of the whole game. Like, I didn't care for the Bravely Default demo, but I loved the game.

8. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    True, besy bet is to wait for a big price drop.
    It could be a really good game, but i was just saying based on the demo it is not worth $80 Canadian, lol

9. praysolace

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I can see that. I was debating between waiting for a price drop and putting it on my Christmas list, which is at the moment completely empty because everything I want comes out next year, lol. Christmas might not be a bad idea now with Persona 5 delayed yet again ;-;

10. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    Honestly it's the delayed Generation, everything always seems to get delayed.
    It is rather sad, oh well FFXV is soon :)

11. praysolace

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I have been noticing this exact thing lately. It's like for the past several years now no one in PR has ever bothered to ask the devs or project managers what might be a realistic time frame for release before plastering something all across the internet and just hoping all the publicity on the date will somehow magically make it happen. I've started to get really frustrated with the "it's better that they delay it and put out a polished game than rush it and put out crap" excuse. It's better that they give us a release date that allows them time to polish the game properly the first time, instead of raising and dashing our hopes a dozen times for each release. Mrrgrrgrr!

12. Lucius Tinger

Lucius Tinger Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    The game feels way to slow for my taste. I like SOME control over how fast I progress.

13. Crimson Requiem

Crimson Requiem Scion

You can PL if you want. The battles are kind of slow though. >_<"