WHM Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karico, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Karico

Karico New Member

So I was thinking about my different options about leveling WHM. To start with I think conjurer will be hard to lvl to 15 due to the story quest being semi difficult. I was thinking about leveling gladiator to level 15 first just to kill the story quest and then switch to conjurer. I want to be WHM main, I know I will need to lvl gladiator at some point so do you think it will be wise to level it first?
  2. Ashikuro

Ashikuro New Member

I would go Conjurer 1st. You can solo anything as a conjurer, it just can be slower without good cross skills. Gladiator honestly felt just as slow to level with less survivability without a heal. If you do conjurer first, you'll have a heal, protect, insta dot range attack, and even a resurrect. All that stuff will make your other jobs MUCH easier to level.
    Karico likes this.
  3. Karico

Karico New Member

Very true, I have never leveled gladiator before. Thanks for the helpful incite
  4. Luko

Luko Well Known Member

As it stands, CNJ is one of the only (if not THE only) class that is totally skill independent, meaning it doesn't necessarily benefit at all from other classes skills at this point. Sure thunder is nice but it's not going to make or break your experience. In other words, hop on CNJ, pay attention during your class quests and push it strait up through the levels. You can get your level 30 on CNJ without even touching another class.

After you're all dungeon geared out and happy with the CNJ, switch over, knock out the quick level 15 on your gladiator with Cure, Protect and Raise and go unlock WHM (At release, obv.)
  5. Madrone Damodred

Madrone Damodred Active Member

We'll have to see what ACN can offer, cross-wise. Both WHM and BLM only have 1 job they can cross skills from. So that pretty much guarantees that they both have ACN as one of their two classes to pull skills from.
  6. Raiga

Raiga Member

I just leveled a Gladiator to 15, and it was pretty boring to be honest. I think leveling a CNJ first would be more fun, because at least then you have a few more skills to play around with. It won't necessarily be faster, but it'll be more fun.