Which server to choose after the official release of the game?

Discussion in 'FFXIV ARR Suggestions' started by Naruke2007, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Naruke2007

Naruke2007 Member

I guess this is the question who many player (like me) will ask to them selfs.
    Well, which one will you choose?
    I'm new in Final Fantasy Online world so I guess I need some help to get some orientation to where go.
    I'm Italian so if there is , maybe , a server where italians go there it can be better :p
    Tell us ^_^
    john likes this.
  2. racooperii

racooperii Well Known Member

I think SE has a list of recommended EU servers, can't remember which ones they are, but the NA/EU servers are all housed I think in Canada so it's up to you.

I for one am going to Balmung or a Server that is Officially a Roleplay server.
  3. Prometheus Bound

Prometheus Bound New Member

I am an organic player - for instance I like to choose my server simply based on the fact they I enjoy its name... especially if I will be logging on to said server for many years. The opportunities presented by chance offer you many benefits, as in you don't feel pressured to make a decision based on only a small variety of facts, and you let yourself be carried by the current.

It is the same for me with linkshells - I dont ever join a linkshell prior to playing the game. It will all happen organically, especially if you plan in a social manner. Let the game build around you, don't try to build yourself around the game!
    Fybrile and Murchu like this.
  4. Naruke2007

Naruke2007 Member

On Beta I chosen Shiva because I love Shiva :p
    But I dunno if on original game choose Shiva, Bahamut or maybe Ragnarok
  5. Illithar

Illithar Active Member

I generally choose server names utilizing three factors:

1. Name. This is the most important, as even if the server meets the next of my two criteria whilst failing at this one, I will not select it.
    2. Population size. I always prefer medium-sized servers, but given the choice of extremities, I'd take a very low population server over a maximum population server.
    3. Type. My choices are RP or RP - PvP, even though I generally do not RP in online games. I choose RP servers for the general increase in player maturity.

In FFXIV: ARR, it would appear that servers do not display their population, and have no type, so the only remaining criterion is server name. The only game I enjoy in the FF series (excluding FFXIV: ARR) is FF VII, so my chosen server name is Midgardsormr.
  6. Kal

Kal Newbie

EU Moogle = looking for less agresive community and probable mature too.
  7. Murchu

Murchu Member

Yeah I chose Cactuar too, cause I like....[​IMG] :D
  8. Shuhel

Shuhel Newbie

For the beta I chose Gilgamesh since it seems to be fairly popular here but for open beta and the official release I'll be playing on an Eu Server (since I'm from UK) because odds are that a lot of people may not be on at the same time as me if I play on an NA server or there might be late night events :arghh:

So me and a couple friends were planning on playing on 'Moogle' because I mean, c'mon! Moogle is hands down the best server name out there xD! What's not to love about those furry little guys? x3
  9. Najla

Najla Moderator

I've been playing on Adamantoise. Some of my friends on facebook who weren't set on a Legacy server gravitated to me during beta, so as long as Adamantoise is around for P4/launch I'll be sticking there. Big ol' turtles need love too.

I also love it on Skype when they can't pronounce it.. C'mon it's not THAT hard to say!~
  10. Syn

Syn Guest

I don't believe Adamantoise will be one of the launch servers.
  11. Najla

Najla Moderator

Are you telling me I'm about to be... homeless? Need to go find a cardboard box asap.
    Syn likes this.
  12. Syn

Syn Guest

Good thing you're a cat, that cardboard box will be like home. I'm at work right now Najla or else I'd look up the official server list, maybe someone here can do the leg work for me.
    Najla likes this.
  13. Syn

Syn Guest

14. Najla

Najla Moderator

15. Syn

Syn Guest

Hmmm, interesting Najla I don't know I just assumed that was the final list because that was the list on the Lodestone too.
  16. Najla

Najla Moderator

Guess I'll be keeping this cardboard box near me just in case! Holding tight till we know for sure P4 (would be nice to have it confirmed sooner though!)
  17. john

john Member

I ended up choosing Balmung as my server of choice. However I can switch. I want to join a server with a good LS with a good Player base. I dont know how it will end up after the game resets for the launch in 57 days but I hope that I can get into a good one. What I am asking is. Anyone know of a good LS on a good server either moderate-high that way we will have access to players to play with .:)?
  18. Syn

Syn Guest

Balmung was pretty well populated in 1.0, check the LS/FC forums on this site you might be able to find one there.
  19. john

john Member

ty I used to be on massumane before all of the changes.
  20. askew

askew Member

That looks like the legacy list only.