Which race and class will you choose in FFXIV a realm reborn?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarklor, Mar 12, 2013.

?

Which Race will you choose?

1. Elezen

20 vote(s)
    13.2%
  2. Hyur

37 vote(s)
    24.3%
  3. Lalafell

27 vote(s)
    17.8%
  4. Miqo'te

54 vote(s)
    35.5%
  5. Roegadon

14 vote(s)
    9.2%
  1. Jarklor

Jarklor Member

I myself will probably will be a Lalafell because they are so awesome! :D However, I'm still not decisive about my class. The most likely class I will be is the conjurer. My other starting choice is the Lancer. I also heard about the Dragoon class but I'm not sure if it is oficial. But more than likely, I will do both or perhaps more. One of the few things that I didn't like was that you can be all the classes. It kind of ruined the specialization aspect in mmos. Hopefully they will make it more fair.

So, tell me about what you yourself are going to be in Eorzea. After all, you will be looking at your character a hundred percent of the time.
  2. Joygasm

Joygasm Well Known Member

My girlfriend, her sister and brother are all going to play together on our first classes to 50 via dungeons.

I'm going Male Hyur, Midland most likely. Starting as a Gladiator/Paladin.
  3. Plane

Plane Member

Ruled out Lalafells for when I roll a conjurer, but I just watched videos of em in FFXIV recently and put them back to maybe category. まだ決めていませんよ!
  4. Helba

Helba Well Known Member

Roegadyn*

Dragoon is official... it's been known for a very long time. I actually have a Lv50 Dragoon.

I'll play a female Roegadyn, my main class was DRG, but I've taken interest in Arcanist, as has everyone else.
  5. Jarklor

Jarklor Member

Is the Dragoon class selectable in the character creation screen? Or is it a specialization in the lancer class?
  6. Helba

Helba Well Known Member

It's a "job" So at Lv35, you can take your LNC and obtain the "job" of Dragoon. You get new skills and a spiffy new armour set.
  7. Mylee

Mylee Member

I'll be a Miqo'te of course ! but I'll probably roll back a Manqo'te for new experience
    Vivi585 likes this.
  8. Alothia

Alothia Active Member

I'll be bringing over my Keeper of the Moon Miqo'te from 1.0. She's got 50 LNC/DRG, 50 THM/BLM, and 50 CON/WHM...but I main THM/BLM. I'm looking forward to picking up ACN/SMN though. Should be fun!
  9. Chaos_Martin

Chaos_Martin Active Member

Anything with a sword that I can slice and dice! So War or Pal.
  10. Dragon

Dragon Well Known Member

You forgot Highlander.

I'll be changing my Miqo'te into a Highlander F come launch.
    Helba likes this.
  11. Madrone Damodred

Madrone Damodred Active Member

Multiple classes shouldn't ruin specialization. It didn't in FFXI (unless you consider a couple of points earned through merits) or 1.0. I believe your attribute assignments are specific to each class/job. So while leveling CNJ & WHM you'd invest in magic stats, while leveling on LNC/DRG you'd invest in melee stats. Your gear likewise, you'd change out when you change jobs. So each job you level gets to be totally specialized.

Chaos_Martin right now if you like swords, you get to tank as a GLD/PLD. Hopefully they'll add some other classic jobs that use swords in the future.
  12. Estebanx1

Estebanx1 Active Member

Race: Hyur Highlander
    Class->Job: Gladiator->Paladin
  13. Vamped

Vamped Administrator

Still undertimined; but leaning toward a Miqo'te archer/bard
  14. Theresa

Theresa Member

Miqo'te Black Mage/White Mage
    Vivi585 likes this.
  15. Jarklor

Jarklor Member

Does it make you stronger if your leveled up in more classes?
  16. Madrone Damodred

Madrone Damodred Active Member

At least if 1.x's class/job system remains:

You get to pick a few abilities from other classes (more if you're a Class than if you're a Job). As a class I think you can choose twice as many and there are few restrictions about what class abilities you can use- although some don't work very well (like using some magics on a melee job when you don't have the stats/traits to back them). Whereas on a Job, you get fewer because you can only draw them from two/three classes. So yeah, leveling multiple Classes gives you more to pick and choose from when playing on a Class.

The idea being that as a Class you can customize yourself more for easier solo work. As a Job you gain specialized skills of the Job and give up some of that cross-class flexibility. You'd want to level the two classes your job can draw abilities from.

I think most of the time, you'd being playing on a Job, btw. At least, if the Class/Job system isn't changed further between now and release.
    Estebanx1 likes this.
  17. Jarklor

Jarklor Member

What do you suggest I do? Should I level up in as many classes as possible? Which jobs go with which classes?
  18. Dragon

Dragon Well Known Member

I answered the second part in my F.A.Q., but to reiterate: Marauder to Warrior, Lancer to Dragoon, Gladiator to Paladin, Archer to Bard, Pugilist to Monk, Conjurer to White Mage, & Thaumaturge to Black Mage. (Arcanist to Summoner as well.)

I suggest everyone level every battleclass to 25~30 without prejudice, at least.
    Linda likes this.
  19. Plane

Plane Member

Is there a particular advantage (besides having the ability to switch to a different class you levelled) for a WHM in healing groups if you level other jobs to 30 than if you level a WHM alone. in terms of moves, stats, etc? I know you gotta level up other classes/jobs to access WHM, but besides those.
  20. Jarklor

Jarklor Member

Thanks, this really helps! :) But I thought you just said to level up in the "two" classes you can draw from your job? Also, How does the combining skills from classes work? Thanks, I just don't want to go into a realm reborn blind.