where do i get my own chocobo?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kalas, Jul 3, 2013.

1. kalas

kalas Newbie

i seen people with chocobos following them. what quest do i have to finish to get my own? thanks
  2. Yuniver

Yuniver Member

Once you finish the first quest after joining your grand company. You have to earn 1000 company points and buy a chocobo issuance.
  3. Kravil

Kravil Member

You can get the quest after you select your Grand Company. The quest leads you to your chocobo mount. After that you can buy the Chocobo Barding from your Grand Company Quartermaster and I think that allows your chocobo to fight with you.
    Kolossus likes this.
  4. Acyd

Acyd Member

Talk to the Wandering Minstrel after you get your chocobo from the Grand Company. He has an option "Make my chocobo battle ready" or some such phrasing. That will let it fight with you, but you need Gyshal greens to summon your choco to fight. They are sold by the vendors who sell the minion pets.
    Kolossus likes this.
  5. Yuniver

Yuniver Member

Also I feel the need to say you earn points by doing GC quests or farming FATES
    Grimus likes this.
  6. shaolinsword

shaolinsword Member

7. shaolinsword

shaolinsword Member

The Chocobo Hatchling is the little guy in the egg and its a pet you can buy from an NPC in each city
  8. kalas

kalas Newbie

thanks everyone. i will get it this weekend. im on the quest where i travel to different cities. so i hope the grand company is next.
  9. Sithius

Sithius Active Member

Sorry, you are way off. You get the chocobo after the ifrit fight.
  10. Yuniver

Yuniver Member

Spoilers much Sithius?
  11. Sithius

Sithius Active Member

I am sure he seen the 100s of shouts in game about people looking for a party for ifrit. It is not exactly secret.
  12. Zane

Zane Member

What everyone else said. I think you have to do the story mode until Grand Companies become available, I think? Somebody fact check this. Is it like level 20?
  13. Luko

Luko Well Known Member

Oh god, I forgot this was a thing.
  14. Joygasm

Joygasm Well Known Member

there was a handful of people with that name on Gilgamesh, i lol'd
  15. Yuniver

Yuniver Member

Its whenever you get to that part in the story...you could be lvl 18 or lvl 894289(if it were possible), it doesn't matter.
  16. kalas

kalas Newbie

thank you all, not reallly a spoiler im just anxious to find out. im lvl 17 so i was hoping i was close enough. ill keep going with the story but i keep getting side tracked.
    shaolinsword likes this.
  17. metallicorphan

metallicorphan Active Member

how close am i to the grand company storyline?,i have just done Sastasha Dungeon(It's probably Pirates) and i am level 20 EDIT: Ignore this now
  18. Yojubo

Yojubo Member

Can anyone help me out? I have finished the storyline quest up to 20 and joined maelstrom company.I thought there was a whistle to buy but only the chocobo issuance is available? I bought the issuance anyways but I have no idea who to give it to. Item says turn it into the maelstrom company stable to receive your own chocobo but I have talked to everyone with no luck lol.
  19. Yojubo

Yojubo Member

N/M figured it out.