What's your pet-peeve in FFXIV: ARR?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AgelessDaisy, Sep 26, 2013.

1. racooperii

racooperii Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I feel the same way when I run DPS and get a hig level tank I need to teach not to spam riot and if he is spamming it to at least do more than 1 opening Flash.

2. Spokey Dokey

Spokey Dokey Crystal Brave

Server:
    Ultros
    At this point I do not mind if tanks have trouble with agro only because everyone is so overgeared anyone can tank exp. roulette or the HM dungeons.

3. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I think as a Tank main, I just have a certain standard I like to see...once HW comes out you will be leveling with these guys after all :p

4. Spokey Dokey

Server:
    Ultros
    I honestly think a lot of people have just gotten lazy. Myself included--it doesn't matter what class I'm playing as. We've all been here, done that, and we all want HW and we want it now.

They need to make the dungeons change some how. Like go in reverse or something.

5. racooperii

Server:
    Brynhildr
    It would be nice to have some actual puzzles in them.

6. Endeleon

Endeleon Adventurer

Ooh they should take a note from Chrono Cross, have the boss have some crazy hard order you have to hit him in(or something like that) that he keeps interrupting.

racooperii and Jinzuku like this.
  7. Spokey Dokey

Server:
    Ultros
    I am honestly more inclined to have the bosses just appear in a different (random) order or have a "reverse" dungeon for each dungeon and all you do is run it backwards. It's not enough to "complicate" things too much and can easily be done as it requires nothing new to be done. Obviously its a little more difficult than what I imagine it to be, but probably not that hard.

8. Lord Tristem

Lord Tristem Crystal Brave

Server:
    Lamia
    WHY!!! :baby:
    Why do the pants for the Disciples of War look so stupid? Why?!?

9. AgelessDaisy

AgelessDaisy Scion

Server:
    Balmung
    Alright. Today marks the official f*cking day I play solo. I've had it. All Free Companies are the same, they're full of sub-par weak minded individuals who are overly sensitive to anything that happens to them. Ya know what I say to that? f**k 'EM! I am sick and tired of individuals who if not fit into one stereotype, fit into another of the typical MMO player. This is why I got kicked. I got kicked for BEING AFK. Yes you read that correctly, I got kicked for being AFK. Away from Keyboard. Apparently being AFK contistitues to me being an asshole in an "unspoken" manner, I was "Giving the cold shoulder." while I was AFK. I didn't realize a 4" sized thing of pixels I have created since 2.0 could be so f*cking intimidating to the point of my mere presence shakes people to their very core. I had a chat with an officer of the FC I got kicked from and I even explained to him that anything I say shouldn't be taken seriously. That wasn't the case since it seemed like I should've said, "Don't take anything I DO seriously." this includes AFKing for x amount of time. I am so sick of Free Companies at this point, either people get upset that you make a dirty joke and make it seem like you killed their family member, or if you're not doing anything they get upset anyways. Like seriously? Who the hell made such a flawed Free Company system that constitutes this kind of behavior? Either the players are elitist, socially sensitive, or AFK/dead in their FC's and I get sick and tired of being put into the Free Companies who have overly sensitive children who when ignored have to run to their FC leader for a hug. I'm tired of shitty hugbox Free Companies.It's like walking on eggshells with people everywhere I go man. So f**k 'em. I'm done with Free Companies on Gilgamesh. I'm done with Free Companies in general. I've tried working with people, I've tried explaining myself to people and nothing ever works.

I'm at the point in my XIV career where flying solo doesn't even sound bad. I'm probably going to treat this like FFXI now. Heavensward can't get here any slower because once soloing dungeons becomes possible I'm taking a "f**k this dungeon 2015" world tour. I'm done helping people, I'm done being nice to people and I'm seriously done dealing with incompetent pieces of waste. f**k Free Companies. f**k their leaders and f**k the players in those Free Companies.

[​IMG]

I cannot fathom the sheer amount of stupidity that goes through people's heads when they make these decisions and honestly if you're offended by my post, too f*cking bad. I don't give one flying f**k either.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
    Doc Wagon and delta5ff like this.
  10. delta5ff

delta5ff Scion

Have you ever thought about starting your own free company? Then you could make sure your only getting people who are happy with you the way you are and not have to deal with the mollie coddled little gits

11. AgelessDaisy

AgelessDaisy Scion

Server:
    Balmung
    If I don't like Free Companies, what makes you think I want to run one? It's babysitting people, making sure Jimmy doesn't pull Little Susie's hair and making sure people's feelings aren't hurt. I don't have time for that bullshit any more. I dealt with it in FF11 when I was an LS Sackholder and when I was an LS Leader trying to get people to do Dynamis/Limbus/Sky. Not putting up with it any more in XIV. I'm not, I refuse.

[​IMG]

Please take note of this gif.

The Dog = Me
    The Woman = Free Company Member
    The Food = Free Company Invite.

12. Fluffhead555

Fluffhead555 Adventurer

Server:
    Leviathan
    When PGL don't use positioning, its so substantial and I'm a PGL myself and learned it from the very beginning but I see others that just stand there and just DPS. It's like what the hell do you know how to move? So bothersome, your just letting the game take advantage of you.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    racooperii and Doc Wagon like this.
  13. AgelessDaisy

AgelessDaisy Scion

Server:
    Balmung
    When people treat Seize PvP Mode like Slaughter. It irks the ever loving s**t out of me. Most notorious for this is Adders and Flames. When I joined Maelstrom I've won a total of 6 games and only suffered 2 losses, due to not having enough healers.

When people start treating it like PvP. Welp, this is my reaction 9 times out of 10.

14. Cyn Romanace

Cyn Romanace Scion

Hmmm I would have to say self righteous try hards who talk down to people as if they are gods gift to the game when in fact they know very little about the game let alone how their class functions. I have encountered quite a few of them in the game and several more with the release of the expansion. All I want to say to them is "Sit down, Shut up, stop pretending you know what you are talking about and stop acting like you are the one person carrying the group"

15. The first rule in my FC is no drama. If there is drama the people involved go bye bye. Very simple. Most of the people that play this game are in the age range of 18-40+. Last time I checked those are called adults and they should act like it.

delta5ff likes this.
  16. Beth Draconic

Beth Draconic Adventurer

Server:
    Siren
    Gold farmers, hands down. :/ other than that... I guess mean people who aren't patient with others when they are learning new content, or just make a mistake, then become rude.

17. You can block the Gil farming private messages with the blist function or that's what SE tells us to do. Or there are other ways...XD

18. cinequoinon

cinequoinon Crystal Brave

Newest pet peeve: people that spam very obnoxious macros telling other people to retreat or ignore other GCs or "DEFEND!!!!' in Seal Rock (Seize)

racooperii likes this.
  19. Cyn Romanace

Cyn Romanace Scion

Unfortunately this is kind of necessary. The vast majority of people who PVP in this game simply do not pay attention to objectives so it makes it pretty easy to get people to do what needs to be done instead of running in one by one and dying off or simply ignoring objectives all together

20. cinequoinon

cinequoinon Crystal Brave

Doing it once or twice when necessary? Sure, great, helps a lot. Spamming it with sound effects... Nah. It also leads to awkward situations like when someone is spamming 'DEFEND LET THEN FIGHT' and a small party (maybe of premades) ignore it and make a huge amount of points (by kills and capturing points).

I get it, defense is the easiest and most effective strategy for most scenarios. But not for all of them, so spamming the usual macros very often demonstrate a lack of strategic vision and thinking.

I used to /alliance occasionally to say things like 'defend' or 'ignore that node' or whatever, but now those macros are so popular and overused that I have to urge people to attack and that's just crazy.