What's your pet-peeve in FFXIV: ARR?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AgelessDaisy, Sep 26, 2013.

1. The47thSen

The47thSen Scion

I can't do Titan EX because the AOE lags on my poor little mac mini, but I've been able to do odins since 2.1, even with full battle effects. You should give it a try next time.

2. Latulla

Latulla Adventurer

Only peeve so far is tanks and there ability to ignore the 2 other mobs that link with them, that now decide the healers face will look good with a sword/claw stuck in it. I'm only around lvl 30 so hoping these people give up soon, had to send carby in to tank past 2 dungeons. SOme of them don't even use a single AoE threat move :( makes me want to cry.

3. Gance

Gance Adventurer

Conversation.

It's a MMORPG. It's a SOCIAL game. It drives me up the wall when people don't talk to you in parties, or take it one step further, in a Free Company or Linkshell DEDICATED to socialization. Now, I understand people have friends and such, talk to their other linkshells, blah, blah, blah. But when you're in a Dungeon, At least say Hello... let me know you're alive, and not some robot come to stab things. When people don't talk, I get bored with the dungeon immediately, it ruins its fun. Even as a Tank, I talk a LOT, and hold my Hate... Can ask Daisy, we kept one another entertained in our dungeon :3

There's a lot of things that play through my head the moment I enter a dungeon and I greet everyone. Make a comment about their names, or some generalization about the abundance of Miqot'es in the party: "Hope you don't have allergies blah blah." You could be the worst player, in the entire game, but if you talk to me? Chance's are, I'll defend you, and play with you again. I love conversation, LOVE IT~ But when I greet people, do one of my spiels about "Gee, you have tiny Fists of Fury so-and-so (Them being a lalafell Monk)." And get crickets? I'll even take negativity over silence. Liven it up people! It's a game, meant to have fun, not a Mission from the Lord Almighty.

From my experience, people are more willing to accept your mistakes, if you can at least communicate with them... unless it's your communication that's causing the issues XD Seen it time and time again, someone attacking the wrong Monster, despite the tank marking it. "Blah, attack #1!", and they just casually continue to beat on the monster they were before. Vote, kicked.
    ------------
    While I'm on my tangent :shifty:

Don't call me by my Job name or its class. My name is not War, it's not Tank. My name is Gance Kenal. Call me by my first, call me by my second, throw a spin on it, abbreviate it, I don't care.. My name.. Is NOT Tank. I did not string out the words Gance Kenal, to not have them used or referenced to. They are their for the convenience of, once again, Communication with ME.

Case in point: A Crystal Tower run. We had two monks in our party, I, being one of them. Someone called out "Monk, I want you on Atomos." "Which Monk? Please use a name." Was my question, and no response. When we wiped (Group A being the reason we died), all I hear is "Monk, why didn't you help us kill the adds?!" Apparently, this was directed at me. "No one specified which of US was supposed to be on Atomos." After that, no issues, but still. Something as simple as calling out someone's name, can make a big difference -.-;

And that's.. my little rant for now :shifty:

Achaius likes this.
  4. serendipity

serendipity Adventurer

What's so wrong with people not talking? I'm a very quiet person in general, so I'm more or less silent in runs with people I don't know, greetings and explanations aside. That's just the most comfortable/enjoyable way for me personally to play. If someone wants to talk it up, that's fine as well. Everyone gets their kicks a different way, and as long as it's non-destructive, there really shouldn't be a problem. (Healing partner in crime in a CT run chatted it up half the run and left me to do all the work. That kind of player probably bothers me even more than any non-communicating player, who could just be language barrier'd.) /counter-mini-rant

All that aside, they reaaallly need to fix those WHM myth pants. Can't use CT robe while maintaining some decency. :x

Stax likes this.
  5. Gara Bloodreaver

Gara Bloodreaver Scion

Theres a severe lack of twerk in Eorzea. On a side note I had a riveting dance battle last night with someone and we each called out our moves by naming them after old actors and musicians

Stax likes this.
  6. Gance

Gance Adventurer

It's just my nature. I enjoy conversation. Especially in those slow groups, which I've been getting a lot lately (All of which have been silent as death.) Witty, funny, serious. It just urks me when people don't say Hello. It's the first thing you're supposed to say when meeting someone new in general, common courtesy. As for the Language barrier, I use the Auto-Translator "(Hello!) :3" So it's not as if they don't know what I'm saying, just the lack of commitment to say anything in response X3 I've even had people without a keyboard communicate with me through jumping, One Jump for yes, two jumps for no XD Made a comment to them "So.. you want me to spank your bottom?" They jumped twice. "Oh wow, you're eager for a spanking! Yes, Yes!" Got the laugh emote then :3

7. Gara Bloodreaver

Gara Bloodreaver Scion

8. Achaius

Achaius Adventurer

I just wanted to say I completed agree with this!! I hate being called Bard or DPS. It feels rude, like i'm being looked down on and don't deserve to be called by my name. It's also confusing when there's more than one Bard, or always when they just say DPS... As for conversation, I always try to spark one up... So many times a dungeon run has been silent except for me until finally I hit a topic that they want to talk about, and then everyone seems to start having more fun, and I'm left wondering "why didn't you talk in the first place then?"

Gance likes this.
  9. Bizant

Bizant Scion

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I dunno guys, I think you're being a little bit over-sensitive there :angel: I've said things like "Tank, turn the boss around" before. I'd prefer to use their names, but if the boss battle's already started and they have some crazy fantasy-style name, it's a lot quicker for me to just refer to their role. I assume people understand that and don't take offence. Even in a non-boss scenario, I'll sometimes use their role instead of their name. I distinctly remember saying "thanks healer" after a rough boss battle, because they kept me alive when I made a mistake. In that case, I knew that the party wanted to get through the dungeon quickly. I'm a melee DPS so I need to be near the front of the group to run a dungeon as fast as possible, so I didn't want to waste time checking the healer's name, potentially correcting a spelling mistake, while they ran ahead and had to wait for me at the next group of mobs.

So I really don't think there's any need to be offended by that. I agree it's nice to use someone's name, or have someone use your name, but you're all there on business after all, and sometimes business gets formal.

As for conversation, I love it when people talk. It makes things a lot more enjoyable I think. But again, no need to be offended by people who don't talk. They might be slow at typing, bad at multitasking, generally introverted, etc. etc. No big deal either way.

EDIT: Of course the problem with people who talk and are really cool, is that most the time you get out the dungeon, send them a friend request, and find out they're on a different server :arghh: Noooooo we can't be fweeends!!

Nichigo and Kredo like this.
  10. Crimson Requiem

Crimson Requiem Scion

1. RMT sending me tells.
    2. Elitist who yell at people who are new to a dungeon/raid.
    3. Elitist who make you feel bad for playing a job you enjoy.
    4. Elitist posting parse data in party/raid to increase their e-peen.
    5. Elitist using parse data to try and shame other players in a party/raid and then provoke people.
    6. Chocobo companion takes up party slot and prevents you from joining a party in duty finder. (You would think the game is smart enough to distinguish the difference from a NPC and remove it from the group.)
    7. There are only 200 slots on the blacklist. I have 5 slots left.
    8. Poor network coding that causes high latency.
    9. FC drama
    10. No voice chat. There is vent etc but can only use with FC or LS that have vent and the info.

I could go on but I don't think you guys will want me to. XD

I see that a lot of guys seem to like to socialize in dungeons. It's hard for me to do that with complete strangers, and secondly I can't do my job and type at the same time. I could but then the party would wipe.

AgelessDaisy likes this.
  11. Joygasm Ironfist

Joygasm Ironfist Crystal Brave

Yeah typing a lot in party can really only be comfortably done as a healer. If you're doing it as a tank or DPS, chances are you're slacking.

Unless it's between pulls or shorthand typing, then whatever, but I'd rather concentrate on getting the job done. CT is really the only place I'll ever talk to try and take away with how horrible the place is otherwise.

Kredo likes this.
  12. Kredo

Kredo Crystal Brave

I agree, since I tank the only time I really get to talk is before a boss fight to explain things or while running. But I tend to want things to go quickly and smoothly. Also sometimes when I wait too long typing the dps might pull and than I have to save the day. Just talk when it is possible or necessary. If you were fighting for your life you wouldn't some clueless person asking you about french toast in the middle of a battle.

13. Gara Bloodreaver

Gara Bloodreaver Scion

I love French toast

14. Crimson Requiem

Crimson Requiem Scion

How is CT horrible? If you mean the item limit per week and the constant requeuing 2 dozen times then yes I agree. XD

15. AgelessDaisy

AgelessDaisy Scion

Server:
    Jenova
    I'm by no means Xenophobic. I wasn't defending anything. I was just telling you the most narrow minded viewpoint possible for any MMO player when they see a Brazilian player. 9/10 the problem lies in communication. Which is why people get angry.

This link here by no means supports my argument nor do I want it to, I just want you to take a look if you don't mind.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=420117&page=3

It's rather sad how people become so narrow minded to other people's culture. I have Brazilian friends who I played FF XI with and PSO2. Love 'em.

16. cinequoinon

cinequoinon Crystal Brave

I don't know if you are xenophobic or not, I'm talking about what you said. You said that brazilians tend to be trolls, you were not stating anyone else's opinion in that matter, and it's simply not true. It's a lie, it's like saying black people are lazy or jews are usually greedy. This just won't cut it to me.

I know very well about how xenophobic MMO communities tend to be and I was just trying to state my position that I WON'T EVER TOLERATE THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOR IN FRONT OF ME. A friend of mine was telling me that he saw a group on PF to do T5 and it read something like "Exp'd only. NO BRAZILIANS ALLOWED" and he entered there and asked why weren't brazilians allowed. The guy said it was because brazilians play very badly and my friend said just "O well, is that so. Have you beaten it already?" and the guys said no. So they waited til the party was full, when my friend said: "I've gotta go now, I'm brazilian so I'm not good enough for this party. Good luck!". He has T5's equipment and has already beaten Twintania 4 times, so...

I can't really understand why you are bringing this up. I've acknowledged and complained about prejudice against BRs in my first statement, saying that it was tiresome to be melee AND brazilian because of sheer preconceptions. Then you started to give reasons for that prejudice as if you were telling me something new. Unless you do believe that Brazilians are stupid trolls just don't. Even. Try. To. Show. Me. Some. Facts. About. My. Nationality.

Please.

p.s.: most of homophobic people say that they have some gay friends ;)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  17. Nichigo

Nichigo Content Moderator

This thread is derailing from its original intent which is for people to express their peeves without having other people judge them for it.

Let's end the inevitable circular discussion of xenophobia here and continue with the thread as intended.

Kredo likes this.
  18. cinequoinon

cinequoinon Crystal Brave

NEVER!
    (sure)

Nichigo likes this.
  19. AgelessDaisy

AgelessDaisy Scion

Server:
    Jenova
  20. Gara Bloodreaver

Gara Bloodreaver Scion