Whats up world.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by abra, Jan 3, 2016.

1. abra

abra New Member

Server:
    Goblin
    Hello all,

So I'm new to FFXIV but not new to FF, I am a seasoned WOW player who has gotten burnt out on it, I've always wanted to play FF online once i heard it was a thing, but my system could not handle it, This Xmas my wife surprised me with a new toy, a new puter, a banging one at that, it's a gaming puter so i decided to check on "Can i run it" it said i can , so here i am..

People call me Tubbs or Abra I'm 37 Married Step Father/Father to a nutty ass 12yr old, and 9mo son's, Work full time out in Southern California i am currently on NA-Goblin playing a Miqo'te - Thaumaturge which I'm guessing is the equivalent to a Mage in WOW, really enjoying the game so far, haven't had a chance to meet anyone yet.

So if anyone here is on my server, get at me!

Joe Schmoe and Jinzuku like this.
  2. Lord Tristem

Lord Tristem Crystal Brave

Server:
    Lamia
    Greetings and Welcome to the realm

To answer your question the Thaumaturge is basically the apprentice version of the Black Mage from the main Final Fantasy games (In fact it becomes the Black Mage later on). This game by and large uses the same job archtypes from the main series its just renamed the base class.

abra likes this.
  3. MasterBox

MasterBox Scion

Server:
    Behemoth
  4. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    Welcome to the Realm and the game. You are right in thinking Thaumaturge is basically a WoW Mage. There are differences in how they play but essentially are both magic wielders using Fire and Ice to attack. Instead of your third magic being Arcane in WoW you'll have Thunder in FFXIV.

abra likes this.
  5. praysolace

praysolace Warrior of Light

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Welcome welcome! I'm not on your server but welcome to the Realm =^.^=

abra likes this.
  6. Meyu

Meyu Adventurer

Server:
    Brynhildr
    That's so awesome you got a new comp. I've played WoW for years as well. Sometimes I do arenas with my bf but that's it.

abra likes this.
  7. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    Welcome to the realm and the darkside :>
    Black Mage is fun :D

8. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Adventurer

Server:
    Hyperion
    Welcome, WoW refugee here as well (got tired of tanks' obsolescence in dungeons and them gating flying behind stuff I'd have done if I had it in the 1st place).

9. c7036617

c7036617 Adventurer