What would you do in a Zombie outbreak?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Chaos_Martin, May 29, 2013.

1. Chaos_Martin

Chaos_Martin Crystal Brave

Server:
    Phoenix
    As the title says what you you do in case of a mass Zombie outbreak? Run? Hide? Fight? Here's what I'll do. I'll turn my home area into a Safe heaven. Thanks to it being a block of flats and the way it's built it's basically got flats in a half circle. First I'll get all my friends and family members together, together we stand a better chance of survival. Then I'll start acquiring buss's and Lorries, Long vehicles so I can use them as walls and place them around my area to keep the zombies out. Arm my self with weapons of course, find a gun retail and obtain guns any means possible. Food! Gather all food and water from Super Markets before other people think the same idea and also in my area turn it into a farm with animals and crops to keep the food supply going and then once my base is set! Attack and kill all Zombies!

HappyTonic likes this.
  2. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    I live in a city of over 20 million people... If there's a zombie outbreak, I'm gonna die. Fast.

HappyTonic likes this.
  3. Illithar

Illithar Crystal Brave

<- "The Governor" (The Walking Dead series reference) of my favourite mall and the surrounding area, and I'd also send armed convoys to secure distribution centers to keep all needs/wants flowing inwards for the foreseeable future. Traitors will be executed. Initiates will not be accepted easily by any means. An attack on any one of my properties, items, personnel, or myself will be treated as an act of war, and I will not deem the retaliation finished until the attacker and his entire group are dead, and his properties and items mine. There are few exceptions. If my exceptional means of providing does not inspire loyalty, than the morale/fear gained from witnessing a retaliation against an enemy will.

I'd get my following by taking charge among friends and known acquaintances. I have a bit of a tactical mind, so I think I'd have a clear advantage over the average person. I'd take a risk at gaining more by supplying drug addicts with their chosen substance, break the news to only a few at a time that their chosen substance is no longer available, have some people in my group assist them with detox, and then I'd step in at the end and take credit as their saviour, ensuring that they are loyal to me and only to me, until death.

For the acquaintances and new personnel, I'd occasionally approach them a few at a time. I'd learn about their personalities and their past, and I'd play multiple facades at once, seeming to be like "someone they knew their entire lives" and making statements and jokes that cater to their personalities. If I happen to end up liking any of them, all the better for me. Otherwise, I give them the illusion of friendship in return for obedience. I win either way.

4. PendragonXIV

PendragonXIV Crystal Brave

equip myself with boots, heavy duty pants, bullet proof vest, full lenght leather or duster jacket, gun, sword, motorbike....... go look for civilisation!

5. Dragon

Dragon Scion

I'll wait a while before I spoil the fun...

6. HappyTonic

HappyTonic Adventurer

i want to take flying lessons just for this reason.

i'll probably hole up in my house, thankfully i have lots of water and water filters, and MRE's, and canned food. My (earthquake supplies) but they are actually (incase of zombie) Let the mass hysteria and chaos die down. (SF is going to crazy)

Establish contact with my neighbors, share and gather what info i could get. Hopefully internet and media still up for a bit. Set up a plan to get away from the city, with any survivors that i trust. Timing is crucial. All my old phones will have some use, i could use them as sound distractions, stealth is key.

I'll be realistic, i'll be carrying a crowbar, bat, a knife, and probably my iron skillet. Goal would probably be try to meet up with anyone we can establish contact with, and head to an area that is lower populated like park preserver, where there are animals, and fresh water.

Of course we may be stuck and pinned down sometimes, having my portable rope ladder and rope to escape through rooftops are also essential.

lets keep it short for now.

Danforth Wright likes this.
  7. I know you want a serious and elaborate answer, but honestly, I'm probably just going to run and cry.

Danforth Wright likes this.
  8. HappyTonic

HappyTonic Adventurer

it'll probably take some time for it to sink it, then fetal position initiated.

9. Sword

Sword Scion

Knowing how little I get out I'd probably not even notice till I ran out of food.

All seriousness aside, I'd wait a few days for the initial mayhem to die down studying how the zombies move and operate all the while rationing what food and water I have, and creating what artificial barriers I can to deter the hapless zombies that happens to stroll by and using bladed weapons like swords when plausible to limit attracting attention from gunfire. You might think that getting to the store and scavenging all the goodies first would be the best choice, but the fact of the matter is people panicking often creates more problems and is a large part of the reason the infections break out so quickly, that and desperate panicky people do desperate things often willing to kill each other to get that last can of sardines.

I'd scrounge up whatever survivors I'd find and start off raiding nearby buildings and apartments for equipment, food, water, etc. since I'm sure most people probably won't make it back to their homes, slowly expanding my scavenging operations when I need too. Once I feel like my group is prepared and stocked enough, we gather whatever we can carry load up the biggest vehicle we can find, and start making our way out into the country and finding a fresh source of water and start preparing a farm, while taking periodic trips back into town to scavenge for more supplies and check to see if the zombies have died off from rot or starvation.

10. Arekkusu

Arekkusu Adventurer

Id convert my explorer into a war wagon and run them bitches over! :shifty:

11. JMATAWWCL

JMATAWWCL Moderator

Server:
    Mateus
    It's been a while. Go ahead, Buzz Killington. :D

12. professorleyman

professorleyman Adventurer

you have no idea how much i have thought this through...

i went to my local police station and asked to look around in case of a zombie out break. they thought it was funny and took me on a tour lol

let the sadness flow...​
    2.6 miles away from my home is a small police station:​
    extended entry way/reinforced doorway/barred.​
    located on the right side of the building is a gated parking lot with 9feet break walls. gate is made of steal reinforced wood (will need to be coated in flame retardant pant in case of attacks)​
    what looks like a petrol tank located on the south east corner of the courtyard. by eye looks approx: 3000L​
    cells located underground with windows guarded by concrete inlet *provides drainage during bad weather*​
    4 cells inside guarded by reinforced gate door (my location would be in the cell area of the building/ behind locked gate. supply's can be put in 2 cells leaving 2 for myself/wife and son.​
    b@q/tescos/asda/sansburys/town center all located within a 5 mile radios​
    reinforced police vans can be used to transport supply's and mow down zombies.​
    station is equipped with a armory so thats weapons taken care off. ​
    there is allot of more to my planning..ive written a whole escape plan out, my wife thinks im crazy but ill show her when i have to cave her head in with an axe because she was too careless :hungry:

Sword likes this.
  13. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    The flame retardant pants are what will save your life. I guarantee it. Good addition.

14. Dragon

Dragon Scion

Alright, it's time.

Firstly, I'd never go near an unsecured center with a high-rate of population density. Whether it's the hospital, mall, or Walmart itself. Problem with mostly everyone in the case of a zombie outbreak is the fact people would expect such areas to somehow be safe on the possibility of numbers. I wouldn't even enter a police station unless I'm sure no one's in there.

Now what will I do first? I'm going to arm myself to the teeth. To make up for protective padding, I'm going to put on multiple items of clothing wearing light-colored clothes on top. Then I'm going to stick all of my knives in my pants (not for zombies in this case, I just want to be sure I can kill other people, without much of a fight, that become threats), and take anything I can use as a staff to deal with zombies should I have to. I'm also going to take my backpack, filling it with food, paper, pens, and that stuff.

Then I'm going to look for a few places in particular. Most importantly, I need an outdoors, military surplus, or armory store. One reason is that not only is it the kind of place least likely to be densely populated, but if there is anyone living in there they're more likely to understand the need for survival. My second reason would be that, it is more likely to be survival-prepped; it should have plenty of survival tools (it'll have better knives than what I have, guns & rifles, and military rations which are good for long-term survival).

After that's straightened up, I'll survey the local ports for a large ship of some sort. Preferably either a giant yacht or shrimp boat (yes, I know how to drive a boat). Either way, I'll also grab all fishing equipment I can find. Then I'm going to look for any local radio installation. I'll give it a week broadcasting over all possible frequencies, inviting any possible stragglers along under the inclusion that they must be helpful & have the willingness to kill any infected on-site. Anyone that looks to be vulnerable will be a huge iffy to bring along (especially the significantly-obese & wheelchair-bound) and I will make it known.

First day of broadcasting, I'll build an initial barricade. I need to make sure that I can sleep without trouble. Second day, I'll build a second set of barricades outside the first set. Each day thereafter, I'll spend time scavenging the local-surrounding buildings and/or ensuring I have a free path to get into the open waters.

Anything beyond will just have to depend on the circumstances.

professorleyman likes this.
  15. Vamped

Vamped Administrator

I really don't have an elaborate answer; I like to keep it short and sweet. In reality, details usually don't go as planned - so I prefer not to rely on mapped out plans.

First of all, I would grab my survival bag, medic bag, pack a bunch of rice and beans, and enough water to last until I can find a natural source. Traffic would likely be jammed, so this leaves biking. Luckily I live close enough to the mountains, that it's a short enough bike ride. I will pick an area that is either far enough from trails/roads or is privately owned land. Always on the move; I don't think it's wise to sit and wait it out, unless you have a designated bunker for that purpose. Of course, I will be armed.

I will be relying on my survival, ems, and nutrition skills to make sure I can survive in the mountains for an extended period of time. Food, shelter, water, and defense will be covered. Also, it will be just me and my woman; sorry friends and family - fingers are crossed for you!

16. Joker

Joker Crystal Brave

Ha yeah to the point, seems you'd have a better chance at survival than I. Not to mention going for family and friends number one biggest cliche in Zombie movies ever lol, something always goes wrong.

17. JMATAWWCL

JMATAWWCL Moderator

Server:
    Mateus
    I thought you were just going to say how stupid everyone was for preparing for a zombie apocalypse.

/em is disappointed...

18. Dragon

Dragon Scion

Lol...

19. Topscribe

Topscribe Adventurer

When I was back in college my fiancé decided that she had the best idea out there. Rather than deal with all of the freaking out mumbo jumbo, she would just add more layers to her clothing. Then she could go to the market without any worry! I'm more inclined to try her idea just to see if it works :p

20. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Crystal Brave

Would go across the street and drink all of the milk. Those expire like, a week after I buy it anyway.

professorleyman likes this.