What to do next?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aulayna, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Aulayna

Aulayna Member

So I never played XI or XIV 1.x so I'm a bit new to the way levelling works. I'm an Archer, I've got to 18 and struggling to find what to do next - I've done my story quests to get the airship pass and have done the story quests that lead into Sastasha and Tam-Tara and now have another to go into the Copperbell Mines which I assume is another dungeon.

Are there any normal quests like the ones in Gridania from 1-15 or is it just levelling purely through story quest/guildleves/dungeons/FATEs from now on?
  2. Madrone Damodred

Madrone Damodred Active Member

After copperbell you'll resume main story. I've about a dozen so far in a 15+ area, plus a ton of side quests appeared there too since I'm the appropriate level now. By 19 you open up materia, and around 20 the main story will taken you into a grand company. There's hiring retainers and getting a personal chocobo too along the way.
  3. Beleg

Beleg Member

I found one great way to lvl quick for myself was to complete the hunting log stuff. That is great side xp. Go back and start completing those and you'll get some great bonus xp.
  4. Orien

Orien Well Known Member

Yes once you get past this portion of the main story it will start sending you around local zones again. This part of the Main story is basically to get you acclimated to traveling in ARR as well as take you by all the guild halls for the classes in your non starter nation so you can pick up the class quests for those if you so choose. It is really an extended tutorial type of section of the game: introduces you to dungeons, introduces you to travel, introduces you to finding the other class guilds, etc. It is a little time consuming but I think it is there for the benefit of helping the players get their feet wet.
  5. ShippWrecked

ShippWrecked Member

Finish Copperbell mines and then the story will lead you to a new hub with a ton of quests so you can level up through the 20's. You also unlock the Ifrit section of the storyline shortly after you finish the 3 level 15 dungeons.
  6. Aulayna

Aulayna Member

Ah so it's because of that dungeon quest... that makes sense... shame I couldn't get a group for Copperbell. :(
  7. ShippWrecked

ShippWrecked Member

I'm fairly certain the normal quests are still available at around 18-20 in Eastern Thanalan at Camp Drybone (that's where the story takes you after Copperbell).
  8. Danforth Wright

Danforth Wright Well Known Member

Let's not forget that Square Enix is cutting us off to some extent. They want you to circle back and experiment with other classes, etc.