What other games are you playing right now?!

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Vamped, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Vamped

Vamped Administrator

It is obvious that we all can't wait for Final Fantasy XIV: ARR to be released, but what are you playing as of lately? As for myself, I am currently playing Dust 514 and Madden '13 the most right now.
    Estebanx1, kitkatkita and Kindgineer like this.
  2. Kindgineer

Kindgineer Active Member

I'm more of what many call a "serial," or "ADD" gamer. I tend to jump from game to game to game on a very concurrent basis. As of right now I am spending most of my time running through Blue Dragon. It's one of those JRPG's that I poured a lot of time into when it released only to have my save file ripped away from me. 18 hours of progress is a lot to go back to when your heart is broken.

My "MMO of choice" right now if World of Warcraft. For some reason I just cannot escape the resubscribe button for that game. Mists of Pandaria is a phenomenally good expansion; the best since the Burning Crusade. If anyone would like to look me up there I play on Elune (Kindbear) and Evilbear (Bleeding Hollow). I play Alliance on both realms.

When it comes to games that "come and go," there are a lot. I dip my foot into Starcraft II about 2-3 times a week to enjoy some of the absolutely fantastic "arcade" additions people come up with. There is a great one up there right now that tasks you with being a World of Warcraft Kobold and surviving in the wilderness. Feels like Don't Starve in Starcraft II. When I'm not in Starcraft II, I generally just play what I feel like playing from my 114+ Steam game library. Recently it's been games like Dawn of War II: Retribution, Planetside 2, X-COM: Enemy Unknown, Devil May Cry, and many others.

I plan on continuously updating my "Nomadic Gamer" blog soon (once I get settled with College) and will hopefully attract some listeners there that are interested in a more quick view of games rather that a lengthy review.
    Theresa, JMATAWWCL and kitkatkita like this.
  3. Dragon

Dragon Well Known Member

I currently am often found playing Sleeping Dogs on my PS3 or Tera/TSW on my PC.
    Estebanx1 likes this.
  4. kitkatkita

kitkatkita Active Member

Currently trying to earn all of the trophies on LittleBigPlanet Karting :D
    Estebanx1 and Vamped like this.
  5. Vamped

Vamped Administrator

I tried getting into Tera when it was in beta, I just couldn't do it though. Is there any good PVP in Tera now? I might hop on for a bit until ARR beta to check it out since it went F2P
  6. Dragon

Dragon Well Known Member

I couldn't say since I'm not much for PvP (I'm on Celestial Hills, the RP-PvE server), but from what those in global often talking about the PvP server it's quite terrible (60s stick around the newbie zones PKing anyone & everyone).
  7. Matra

Matra New Member

I went back to Tera to tie me over until Realm Reborn. Was playing GW2 but once I got past all of the pretty, it bored the hell out of me.
    Kyrie and Theresa like this.
  8. Vamped

Vamped Administrator

Same here with GW2, I bought it and played pretty hardcore for a few weeks. Then after I too, got past the "pretty" stuff, it was extremely boring. Nothing innovative whatsoever
    Theresa likes this.
  9. Matra

Matra New Member

I enjoyed the exploration and the combat, but instances are too much of a gong show and the lack of endgame really bothered me. I'm a sucker for the shiny gear grinds.
  10. Simcosep

Simcosep Newbie

gw2 almost got my twilght dam ecto's -.- and the new dmc tho was on mssion 8 and relised the save stoped working at mission three now i must redo it -.-
  11. Owainn

Owainn Member

I played GW2 then I have been playing a few solo games along with some Betas for upcoming mmos. Right now I am playing a lot of Ragnarok Odyssey. *PM me if you want to run some missions online* After that I'll be playing MH3U when it hit stores in a month or so.
  12. HolyKeio

HolyKeio Member

Sadly been playing World of Warcraft my self, just with a few old friends. I was able to stray away because of the Alpha, but now I am back.
    Also playing Ragnarok Online and some offline "shmups".
    This other game called College is no fun at all.

With Guild Wars 2 I literally played for a week, then just faded away. It was crazy how quick I lost interest.
    Estebanx1 likes this.
  13. Owainn

Owainn Member

I tried going back to WoW when Cataclysm came out. After I hit max level and got myself through the first raid I just lost interest. It was the same thing as the previous. I just got bored. However I do commend them for all the little UI changes. The game was very responsive and everything was very easy to get into. However with this last expansion I am actually hearing/seeing a large number of people actually picking the game up again, even from scratch. I personally do not think I will ever go back. But it was shocking to see that many people go back for this latest expansion as opposed to the previous 2.
    Theresa likes this.
  14. HolyKeio

HolyKeio Member

Yeah most definitely! I myself have my whole own UI set up, but it is fantastic of how unique you can make it. (One of my favorite things). The raiding can be boring, but again it all matters on who you are with I think. If you have that awesome core 25 or 10 group. We all know each other by name and such and the game although may be treated like a job. At the end of the day, downing the bosses and laughing and of course being serious at points is what counts at the end of the day.
  15. kitkatkita

kitkatkita Active Member

I got Ragnarok Oddessy in the mail just yesterday, Owainn, so I may have to hit you up on that offer :D
    Owainn likes this.
  16. Owainn

Owainn Member

OwainnAlexandros is my PSN let me know its u
  17. kitkatkita

kitkatkita Active Member

I'll add you now, Owainn :D I need to get used to it though, so I'll probably hit you up with online if you log on either later or tomorrow :D
  18. Estebanx1

Estebanx1 Active Member

I'm currently playing Record of Agarest War 1, Dust 514, and White Knight Chronicles 2. WKC2 is my mmo fix for the time being but it also grows old.
    Koryn_Arcus likes this.
  19. Kindgineer

Kindgineer Active Member

Why would you do that when you can play RaiderZ with your favourite person?
    Vamped likes this.
  20. Vamped

Vamped Administrator

Pff, you need to get a PS3 already :D
    Kindgineer likes this.