Archer What is your typical 'Rotation'?

Discussion in 'Disciples of War' started by Nyanoh, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Nyanoh

Nyanoh New Member

Just curious if anyone has a typical rotation they like to do for light party stuffs, easy dungeons, etc.

I did my first dungeon last night, Satasha, and kept using all my boosting abilities on cooldown, Misery's End (at least I tried do, but I was never certain it always landed, because the last 20% of a level 13-18 mob isn't much..). I used Quick Nook a lot (took down the Shades quickly).

I'm only at 20, not at End Game level yet, but curious what archers my level are doing so I can improve.

:cat:
  2. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Active Member

Same as during most battles.

Venomous Bite --> Bloodletter+Straightshot --> Heavy shot until Venomous Bite needs to be reapplied.

Rinse, repeat until Misery's end procs.

Quick Nook is good for the shades of Satasha as well as as the Spriggans battle in Copperbell and the last form of the Sludge battle.
    Nyanoh likes this.
  3. Nyanoh

Nyanoh New Member

Cool, thanks. This makes me feel like I'm on the right track. :cat:
  4. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Active Member

You're assuming i have any idea what I'm doing, which is a bad assumption :p.
    Nyanoh likes this.
  5. Nyanoh

Nyanoh New Member

Haha, Can't say I'm any better ^^;
  6. Tarathiel

Tarathiel Active Member

lvl 20 archer reporting in. in groups i generally will open up with my straight and rapid shots to start off, ill throw in venomous bite if i can land the poison. bloodletting gets popped whenever its fresh i will use quick nock when applicable and then miserys end until the mob is dead. tbh.. i kinda just spam everything =p
    Carbonyl likes this.
  7. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Active Member

We're archers, its what we do.
    domainfitz likes this.
  8. Sin Masamura

Sin Masamura Member

I shoot arrows.
  9. Tarathiel

Tarathiel Active Member

i ran my first 2 group instances last night in sastasha and tam tara, i must say that playing an archer in a group setting is much different than playing one solo. i actually really didnt spam as much and took on the responsibility of kiting adds off of our healer.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 27, 2013 ---
    i was extremely bummed out when our tank called for a dps limit break and i found out that archer limit break is a group heal tho.. wtf?? lol
    domainfitz likes this.
  10. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Active Member

Just as the PUG for our secondary helps us punch the pain away, so too do our arrows help inject the heals to our party ;)
  11. Tarathiel

Tarathiel Active Member

ya haha i can roll with that, i guess its just a precursor to our bard limit breaks lol
  12. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Active Member

As a side note, that would be kinda cool if the archer had a DPS LB and then the Bard had a healing one. It would add a reason to stay as archer depending on group make up.
  13. kfen

kfen Active Member

Hmmm... usually for the smaller mobs it didn't seem to matter at this level. For the mid-bosses/ boss I kept Venomous Bite up, Bloodletter when available, Heavy shot in between unless crit Straight shot was available, buffed shortly before Misery's end was available. I had the most visibility and mobility on the field, so I did have some other small tasks to take on, but mostly I was just there to deal damage.

I haven't figured out what skills from other classes to draw on yet, but the basic ARC set seem fine for the moment. Not sure if there is any value to using the other DoT or status effect skills.

I had to rework all of my controller settings after to incorporate a mouse after Sastasha. Targeting with just the PS3 controller is a nightmare is some scenarios. Fine for solo, but awful for these instanced dungeons. Need to play for a bit with the new set up before Tam Tara so I can adjust.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  14. The47thSen

The47thSen Well Known Member

Only level 10 right now, I usually start off with Venom, then the shot that adds critical followed by the basic skill, heavy shot was it?
    Depending on the mob I finish off with the skill that activates at 20% mob hp. Haven't found a use for the rooting shot yet, maybe I should stop bullying squirrels and bugs.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 27, 2013 ---
    I have the reverse experience, I could barely play using mouse and kibo. Switched to a gamepad today, auto targeting is awesome during FATEs, I just fire one venom shot then switch to next target.
  15. kfen

kfen Active Member

Where the controller ends up rough is scenarios where you want to rapidly select one target out of ten or more, and only that target. It can be smooth, but I've also had it respond very poorly and you're stuck cycling through. There are ways to gain efficiency with it, but I still suspect it's an inherent issue. At times pointing and clicking is just dramatically easier in the long run thus far. There are a few other contexts where I am finding it better as well.
  16. The47thSen

The47thSen Well Known Member

The mouse is always there for those instances, what I like most about the gamepad is that I get to sit back and relax.
  17. kfen

kfen Active Member

Which is basically my point to begin with.
  18. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Active Member

As far as the gamepad goes, I had a significant improvement once i turned on the filter ability. Now its just L1+square to target enemies only, L1+triangle should i need to interact during a fight. As a healer or tank i can see a gamepad being a pain in the ass. Fates can go EAD but its still 100000% better than a caster that has no AOE lol.

For other class skills, obviously CNJ is good for solo (cure lvl 2 and protect lvl 8 and eventually Raise at 12 if you wanna be kind), swift foot from PUG is good for evasion as well. Thats all i got so far.
  19. Tarathiel

Tarathiel Active Member

my only problem with targetting and the gamepad is one bad button press or forgetting to hold r2 before engaging an action can result in switching targets or sheathing your weapon which can make it a pain to reallign to your next target. im still playing with variations of mouse/keyboard vs. controller to see what i like more. i definitely need to find a good system tho because targeting mobs in big fates is a chore
    Carbonyl likes this.
  20. Nyanoh

Nyanoh New Member

Personally I have a hard time targeting even with the mouse; I find it's not as precise and I normally have to turn my cameras up so I'm more viewing the tops of mobs heads to target the same one the tank is. It's frustrating when NPCs walk in front of me and I end up 'telling' someone some jibberish because I'm trying to mash in some damage :shifty: