What is the first Final Fantasy game you ever played?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Sarge!, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Sarge!

Sarge! Adventurer

Sorry if a topic like this already exists, I threw my gaze around and didn't notice anything similar o.o

I'm an older dude, so my first ever FF game was actually the original Final Fantasy that came out on NES which I got from my uncle in like... the early 90's, I believe? At first I wasn't that impressed with the game, but the more I played it the more my mind was blown. Ah, the good old days. I miss the 90's haha, so nostalgic.

racooperii, General_JT and Dschlitz like this.
  2. tokasmo

tokasmo Crystal Brave

my first was was 6 witch was called 3 at the time it came out in US

3. ThadeusStern89

ThadeusStern89 Crystal Brave

7 was my first, but after that I played all the previous FFs. Best first game in a genre I ever played. Well I did play Chrono Trigger prior to that, and that single-handedly defined the RPG for me.

4. tokasmo

tokasmo Crystal Brave

yes chrono trigger was awesome

racooperii likes this.
  5. PurelySavage

PurelySavage Crystal Brave

6. Final Fantasy on NES. Never got very far, because the cartridge wouldn't keep saved files due to old age/bad upkeep.

So I guess, Final Fantasy IV and then VI. I had both the SNES cartridges that labeled them II and III.

General_JT likes this.
  7. Scape

Scape Crystal Brave

Final Fantasy VII.

8. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Crystal Brave

FF-XIII
    Yup, I'm a nub.

9. Dschlitz

Dschlitz Adventurer

One. I ended up completing it several years after I purchased it.

10. Sora Ryuu

Sora Ryuu Crystal Brave

11. Gigglemesh

Gigglemesh Adventurer

12. Laychu

Laychu Crystal Brave

Final Fantasy X after watching my brother play it. xD

13. Luko

Luko Scion

Final Fantasy "II" which we now know as IV.

14. Exire

Exire Crystal Brave

I remember back when they had games you'd play in the electronic section in a store. I'd play the scorpion boss from FFVII every time my parents went to Target. However, the first FF game I actually owned and played was IX.

I think I played X after that and then went backwards. An odd way to go about it but I guess it doesn't matter too badly. o_O

15. Steve

Steve Crystal Brave

XI. But there was a demo on PS1 which I believe was VII, so technically that.

16. Dragon

Dragon Scion

FFVIII was my first. Then I went out and bought both FFVII & FFIX, disgusted by both I refused to try any other FF game came out until FFX came out on PS2 which I rented first.

17. LightGenx

LightGenx Adventurer

FFXIII.. Not the best way to jump into the series.

18. Neocron

Neocron Adventurer

Final Fantasy...............before they had roman numerals, im old.

19. Brahma

Brahma Crystal Brave

VIII, which is also my fehverit. :) My daddy bought it for me at a used gaming story... I forget why or when, but I think 5th grade, because that's when my gaming world really took off. That must have been 2000 or 2001, which was also the year I played my first Resident Evil (2)! Both games changed my life.

20. General_JT

General_JT Adventurer

FF4 when I played it It was ff2 and I was too young to understand anything lol
    Then I played chrono trigger/cross and that lead me to FF7 - 14 (didnt play 2, 6, 9, 12, or 13)

I eventually played 4 again and loved it, but I guess my first FF was technically 4

But chrono trigger lead me to my love for RPGs and wouldn't have touched a final fantasy if I wasn't so impressed by chrono trigger.

racooperii likes this.