What does your character name mean to you

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mallow, Aug 19, 2013.

1. NanoBiter

NanoBiter Adventurer

Princess Anna, first name because its fun seeing all the npcs refer to you as princess and Anna because a title needs a name.

xusha likes this.
  2. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Adventurer

Absolutely nothing

I was in a creative slump and used an online fantasy name generator to make my character name

3. Tufel

Tufel Adventurer

Tufel Hunden, intentional misspelling of Teufelhunden. Means devil dog. A name supposedly given to US Marines in WWI by the Germans. I served in the Corps, so that's why I choose it. Not very original but that's my story and I'm sucking to it. :)

Illithar likes this.
  4. Reyak

Reyak Crystal Brave

Mine's a reference from another game.

5. xoxo_aimz

xoxo_aimz New Member

Sapphire Madmartigan.

Sapphire- I've always loved this name after meeting someone from England who was named Sapphire- and my character is a mi'qote moon keeper, and sapphire usually equals blue (blue moon).

Madmartigan was the name of Val Kilmar's character in the 80s movie Willow, which was my favorite movie growing up- and one of my favorite books!

Heras Death likes this.
  6. Bane766

Bane766 Crystal Brave

Ymylee Twistfate:

Ymylee: is a character in a book I'm writing. It's pronounced Emylee. Although I am a woman, I cannot have children :balling::balling::balling:...but if I ever had children of my own, by some insane miracle, I would name my daughter Ymylee. I do have step-children tho :)

Twistfate: this is a bit generic. I just made something up, honestly and it's obviously something that people have heard before. Not my most creative moment, but it'll do.:oops:

Heras Death likes this.
  7. JeanLucAwesome

JeanLucAwesome Adventurer

Decided to start over with a new character, didn't like the previous one and I decided not to do multiples.

Haro Amuro, I wanted the first and last names to go together like that and if you couldn't already tell the names are from Gundam. Amuro Rei the protagonist of the original and the little robot he created Haro.

I'm rolling with a TaruTaru, first time not playing as a human character in a game like this.:playful:

8. Big Boss Zuzu

Big Boss Zuzu Adventurer

Ambrose Steelbreaker is my Roegadyn. He's a remake of my very first MMO character ever back in the FFXI days. I just felt I needed to give him new life for nostalgia sake. Also, My current main, Zuzulao Nonolao was a random generated name BUT I couldn't help but love it do to it fitting the RP aspect on Gilgamesh AND the though of a midget telling people to call him Zuzu just brings a smile to my face.:smug:

Heras Death likes this.
  9. slirith

slirith Adventurer

10. resultsmayvary

resultsmayvary Adventurer

My characters name is Indica Smoke. Because...yeah.

11. Bane766

Bane766 Crystal Brave

Drugs are bad, mmmmmmkay?:hungover:

12. Alis Mundi

Alis Mundi Adventurer

Since I've always considered playing videos as a way of escaping to another world and away from this reality we live in, I created my name from the Latin words aliis mundi which basically mean 'other world.' I removed an i from aliis to make it sound more like the name Alice, since I think that name is cute and it reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. c:

xusha, Illithar and Heras Death like this.
  13. No1iSaHero

No1iSaHero New Member

Hero Bright side, pretty self explanatory Hero who always looks on the better side of things

14. jimskee

jimskee New Member

15. StrykerXIV

StrykerXIV New Member

Server:
    Siren
    Mine was based off of the CN series: Ben 10 - Alien Force. But rather than Kevin Levin. I chose Jordan Levin. Sorta like his brother.

Maaja likes this.
  16. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    I spent lots of time coming up with my name, only to find out later on there was an Y'shtola in game.
    I now always refer to her as my cousin, lol

Maaja likes this.
  17. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

18. My Character who I main as an AST named Miss Cleo.

There are a lot of 90s kids that remember her and they love it. XD I get tons of coms cause of my awesome role play as her in dungeons.

I also get random tells from people asking me to do tarot card readings for them.

Sadly she died last year at the age of 53. So I'm kind of also trying to keep her memory alive.

Maaja and Jinzuku like this.
  19. Hyacinth

Hyacinth New Member

Server:
    Faerie
    I'm a flower lover, so my two main girls are named after my two favorite flowers, Hyacinth and Wisteria!

Jinzuku, Maaja and GeekMatt like this.
  20. Lucius Tinger

Lucius Tinger Crystal Brave

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Name of my two mains are derived from collected words or people I like from comics or games.
    1-Lucius Tinger= Lucius Fox from batman because hes awesome + The game stat Bloodtinge from Bloodborne because I love shooting guns with blood bullets.

2-Basilicasscius DemoGorgon= Basilica because of St. Peters Basilica+ Cassius because of Cassius Clay+ DemoGorgon because I play ALOT of DnD and the movie was cool.

Jinzuku likes this.