What classes/jobs are you going to focus on?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alderon, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Alderon

Alderon Active Member

I plan on starting as a Gladaitor/Paladin and then trying Monk out when I wanna try something different.
  2. kitkatkita

kitkatkita Active Member

Going to be pretty honest, I'm actually confused with the Jobs and Classes, which ones are set in stone, and which ones aren't?

I know certain Jobs will only work with certain Classes, but with the Disciples of the Land and Disciples of the Hand coming in, it's just getting me all confused :confused:

I know I'm wanting to be a Summoner and a Arcanist, and being a Gladiator may be nice as-well.
  3. Alderon

Alderon Active Member

SImon and Lavada like this.
  4. kitkatkita

kitkatkita Active Member

Ah, so what I can see is that we can be one class, and we can advance in that class for our job?

If that is the case, can Multiple classes be established, due to the fact that some people may want to be a Harvesting Gladiator for example :D

Wait, going by "If you change your tools, you can change your class" does that mean you can be everything, along with all the jobs? o_o
  5. Alderon

Alderon Active Member

Yes and yes although you can only have one "equipped" at a time. Simply put, whatever you wanna do can be done on one character.
  6. kitkatkita

kitkatkita Active Member

Ah that's great!

But surely you have to go to a place to get the "job" meaning you can only have one open at a time, so switching weapons won't necessary switch jobs? Or will it all be linked together?
  7. Alderon

Alderon Active Member

After you meet the requirements to unlock it and complete the quest, all you have to do is put on the gear associated with the class/job.
  8. Lavada

Lavada Active Member

I plan on being a conjuror for sure. And in my down time, I'll definitely be messing around with the MNK style class.
  9. Matra

Matra New Member

I'll probably fight the Dragoon urge and roll Monk. Normally they don't really interest me in games, but for whatever reason I'm really liking the Miqo'te Monk idea.
  10. Estebanx1

Estebanx1 Active Member

Alderon stole my idea you theif lol. I'm deffinitely going be a Paladin as my main job and as my secondary job I'll be a Dragoon
    Alderon likes this.
  11. Dragon

Dragon Well Known Member

SImon likes this.
  12. Owainn

Owainn Member

Basically everything in this game is considered a class that you level up, gear up, etc..

Disciples of Land are your gathering classes : Miner, Botany, and Fishing. They are mainly for gathering materials from trees, plants, mines, quarries, and bodies of water.

Disciples of Hands are your crafting classes: Leather, Weaver, Alchemist, Blacksmith, Goldsmith, Carpentry, Armorsmith, Culinarian. Pretty self explained. They are your crafts.

Disciple of War/Magic are your battle classes: Archer, Gladiator, Pugilist, Mrd, Lnc, Cnj, Thm. All of these classes are pretty similar to the past classes of older FF. Unfortunately the previous director felt the need to change the names for no reason.
    Later they added some sort of spirit stones that allow you to sort of "upgrade" your class, and become the next version of that class. *Kinda like Ragnaroks class upgrade method*One class can become its stronger counterpart by putting on the spirit stones.
    Glad > Paladin
    Mrd > Warrior
    Lnc > Dragoon
    Arch > Bard *this is the strangest, I dont know why they decided to go this route*
    Pug > Monk
    Cnj > WhiteMage
    Thm > Blackmage.
    Arcanist > Summoner *when ARR releases we will get this one*

I hope this helps make more sense to you.
    Vamped likes this.
  13. Alderon

Alderon Active Member

As Gajeel from Fairy Tail once said "This sky ain't big enough for two dragons." :cool:
    Estebanx1 likes this.
  14. Estebanx1

Estebanx1 Active Member

lmao as Kamina said in Gurren Lagann "Who the hell do you think you are?"
  15. Alderon

Alderon Active Member

Well played sir
    Estebanx1 likes this.
  16. Estebanx1

Estebanx1 Active Member

Thank you. I was hoping you'd say something like "I'm Batman" that would've shut me up lol
  17. kitkatkita

kitkatkita Active Member

Thank you Owainn, that was very helpful. :D
    Owainn likes this.
  18. Vamped

Vamped Administrator

I thought this was odd as well, but I will most likely focus and pursue the bard.
  19. Jesse Welch

Jesse Welch Active Member

I too plan to start off with gladiator/paladin because being a new FF MMO, you can bet that us tanks will be in high demand. When that gets old, I'll probably switch over to lancer/dragoon as they look cool as hell.
    Estebanx1 and Alderon like this.
  20. Vitor Ornelas

Vitor Ornelas Newbie

So, I'm an Archer and, whenever I want, I can be a Conjurer?