Lancer What armor is better leather or scale armor

Discussion in 'Disciples of War' started by Santi432, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Santi432

Santi432 Member

Newbie here lol so please help
  2. Rostnhaemr Zirnundsyn

Rostnhaemr Zirnundsyn Well Known Member

Leather armor will provide significantly more magic defense, but lacks in physical defense. However, at level 50, Dragoons will be pigeonholed into "scale" armor. It's one of the most annoying aspects of being a Lancer/Dragoon. It makes primal fights, specifically Titan, much harder.

The plus side is the scale armor is geared specifically for Lancers/Dragoons and looks awesome...except the AK gear...it looks like crap.
  3. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Well Known Member

A friend of mine is about to reach Dragoon (level 30) and since he's been struggling with Gil I told him I'd buy him new armour (yes I realize it's not entirely necessary, that doesn't matter). I'm a practical person and want to get him the best armour at his level for his class, but he is pretty big into the aesthetic aspect

Any tips for when I go shopping? I may just have something crafted by an FC/LS member if they're up to it.

Edit: and hey Santi! Sorry if I high jacked your thread, but this seemed an appropriate place to ask
  4. Rostnhaemr Zirnundsyn

Rostnhaemr Zirnundsyn Well Known Member

Armorers can make a steel scale set that's 32. The helm is hideous, but the rest of the armor looks good. Super cheap.
    GeekMatt likes this.
  5. Santi432

Santi432 Member

It's alright man lol helps me out some as well
    GeekMatt likes this.
  6. Hulvein Blitz

Hulvein Blitz Active Member

If you was on Cerb, I'd hook you up.

I ran scale set. Due to the fact that the storyline quests/side quest provided me with it.
  7. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Well Known Member

Justified helped me out, this got me HQ stuff, but thanks :)