weaver question

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by heynowjose, Jul 9, 2013.

1. heynowjose

heynowjose Member

does anyone know where to find diremite webs? I'm trying to level up as a weaver but i couldn't find any last test. I wanted to try it this time before phase 4 so I can be as prepared as possible to full on play a weaver lol (kinda addicted to the crafting)

If it helps I'm trying to craft dew thread
  2. Sprite

Sprite Active Member

I can't say for sure, but I do know that there are a ton of Diremites outside Gridania. I can only assume that these would have webs. Might try grinding them in a few hours and I'll let you know.
    Madmex and Danforth Wright like this.
  3. Danforth Wright

Danforth Wright Well Known Member

Confirmed, but the drop rate is terrible.
  4. Madrone Damodred

Madrone Damodred Active Member

You also get them in the level 23 dungeon, Thousand Maws of Totorak.
  5. heynowjose

heynowjose Member

Thanks a buch guys!
    I did the dungeon (after spending 40 minutes killing diremites in gridania and getting nothing lol) and after 4 runs I have 12 lol This is gonna be a long haul T_T
  6. garion

garion Member

Does anyone know where i can find cotton yarn? Please help
  7. Joker

Joker Active Member

Believe cotton yarn is made by weaver required material is "Cotton Boll" which is aquired by lvl 11+ Botanist.
  8. Madrone Damodred

Ask your party members if they'll give/sell them to you if they aren't doing Weaving, prior to everyone departing back to their own servers....
  9. Madrone Damodred

You can buy cotton bolls at many tradecraft NPC's in city markets and inside the guilds... and then craft it into yarn
  10. garion

garion Member

So say i wanted to make cotton yarn, do i need to level up Botanist then?
  11. Syn

Syn Guest

I expect that like in 1.0 the higher level mobs will have higher drop rates than the lowbie ones. As a 50 Weaver, I am hoping this is the case because I farm for all my mats.
  12. maximkat

maximkat New Member

Don't waste your time on the lowbie diremites or the dungeon. You need to go to the North Shroud up just past the atheryte in that zone (there might be 2 can't remember, but it should be the first one you come to), you're looking for the lvl 27 ish ones.
  13. ThadeusStern89

ThadeusStern89 Active Member

xivdb.com has a full set of hunting and gathering logs so once P4 starts it shouldn't be any problem finding them.
  14. heynowjose

heynowjose Member

Awesome thanks a lot