Want to see your race in each and every AF Armor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prometheus Bound, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Prometheus Bound

Prometheus Bound Adventurer

Nade Drogo and fluttersnipe like this.
  2. fluttersnipe

fluttersnipe Crystal Brave

Thanks for this. Didnt really help me decide, but they all look cool :D.

I wonder how that warrior helmet will work? Ive seen it in videos where the face shield can toggle up or down, wonder if it will just go down in combat and open back up afterward or if you control it.

3. Espi

Espi Adventurer

Nice. I really want to main a bard but the sandals (on a male) are killin me...

BLM mankitty looks awesome!

4. Prometheus Bound

Prometheus Bound Adventurer

Players having control could lead to some really silly moments - i.e 10 Warriors in a circle opening and closing it, perhaps even to the rhythm of the zone's BGM.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 6, 2013 ---
    I gotta admit, BLM looks awesome on every class, whereas MNK only looks good on say, Lalas and hyur female.

5. Palamecia

Palamecia Crystal Brave

There's a bit of controversy about the gap Square Enix made on the armor of female dragoon as I can see on Reddit.

Example:
    [​IMG]

Very dangerous for the belly, that gap in the armor. Clearly a weak spot. But I guess some sort of mod will probably solve the issue later (like, replacing the model).

6. fluttersnipe

@Palamecia Gotta add sex appeal somewhere I guess, it is an MMO after all.

Could be much worse too, just look at TERA, or that otyer horrifying one, cant remember its name, the Queen's Blade one *shudder*...

7. Palamecia

Palamecia Crystal Brave

I think it's called Scarlet Blade, a game only about fanservice. I tried it. When I saw the first NPC I had to talk with, I quitted. :p
    TERA isn't too bad depending of the class and race you choose. I like my maid outfit. :hilarious:

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

fluttersnipe likes this.
  8. fluttersnipe

No, TERA isnt to bad, depending on race, plus its a great game, so its not hard to overlook the sexual nature of everything. But TERA's fanservice makes FF's look like a childrens costume party!

Palamecia likes this.
  9. Palamecia

Palamecia Crystal Brave

About the fanservice, one word: castanic. "Outfit" like this one shouldn't be in any sort of games: [​IMG]

It's horrible...
    Don't tell me it protects anything.

fluttersnipe likes this.
  10. SuspiriaMesonoxian

SuspiriaMesonoxian Crystal Brave

Sure it does! Um, the neck, forearms and nips. These areas we can't live without. The rest of the body is just fluff tying those essential three together.

11. fluttersnipe

Lol yes it is. I love the look of the Castanics, but I couldnt bring myself to play one because of the super tiny armor... At least she has decent protection on her arms, which at least I would use to protect my body If I didnt have a weapon or shield...

Maybe a female Castanic's heart is directly behind her nipple? ;)

SuspiriaMesonoxian likes this.
  12. Exire

Exire Crystal Brave

This definitely helps solidify my intent for going Lancer, loving the black armor and the spears can look absolutely insane. Love it.

I had a funny moment though.

[​IMG]

Looking at this I stared at it for a little bit wondering out loud what the hell it is. "What the hell is that sticking out of it's back? Is that a staff? This can't be a White Mage..." I decided I'd recognize the other ones and then come back to it. Well I did and was forced to realize this is Monk. It's not too bad of a look, you should be able to dye stuff anyway. The bright mustard yellow isn't really my look. Or weird devil tail...thing? #omgwtfbbq

13. Sithius

Sithius Crystal Brave

That female dragoon armor is perfectly fine. Here is a video for proof that it will be very affective.

Winno likes this.
  14. SuspiriaMesonoxian

SuspiriaMesonoxian Crystal Brave

@Lexian this feather, devil tail thing has me omgwtfbbqing, too. It looks like it comes from the headband to me. Going to need to see this in game to decide how I feel about it :shifty:

15. Zoot

Zoot Crystal Brave

@Lexian yeah I don't like the Monk AF. BUT, It looks so cute on female Miqo'te!! :cat:

16. Clinique

Clinique Crystal Brave

When I saw this post, I was hoping for like the armor files and a way to put them into the Benchmark folder. Sad face Dx

Lexian and SuspiriaMesonoxian like this.
  17. Palamecia

Palamecia Crystal Brave

[​IMG]
    :hilarious:

This armor looks good and will still protect you much better (From Forsaken World):
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Also this one too:
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

The only two major weakpoints are:
    • The head/neck, because of the lack of a helmet. Put an helmet one, problem solved.
    • The thighs, because of the use of a skirt instead of full leg protection. But it provides 3 advantages: It's lighter, it is less restrictive in term of movement, and it's probably more comfortable.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
    Winno and SuspiriaMesonoxian like this.
  18. caucel

caucel Crystal Brave

Yes female armor are useless too much fan service!

Not for FF Tactics!

[​IMG]

JMATAWWCL, Winno and Palamecia like this.
  19. HeroMystic

HeroMystic Crystal Brave

Server:
    Hyperion
    Hahaha, that video is amazing.

Fanservice has been a pretty hot topic lately.

20. Karamethien

Karamethien Crystal Brave

Tarutarus are truly the master race >.< they look good in EVERYTHING.