unable to download patch files [30413] [25008] [20495]

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Ish, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    Anyone have the same issue as title?
    It's really irratating me. It all started off last Saturday (i believe after update) when i launched my game in PS4 all i would get was a blank white screen with bg music, this happened for 2 days. I had to re-install everything, and long story short i finally was able to login but been trying to download patches for over 5 days now and keep getting error message.
    The download made it further last night but still got error after.
    Just posting here as this forum is more helpful then the SE one and tech support are not even bothering to help us.

I have missed out on so many FC stuff now because of this and i am our FC leader :(
    I am getting a faster connection sunday, though i have never had any issues ever since last Saturday.
    I may very well need to unsub if i cannot play

2. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    Day 10 and i have tried to download well over 40 times, re-installed 2x. Tried different server settings, etc...
    SE support and sorry to say this, is useless
    Basically they do not care some of us have this issue (reddit has a larger crowd with same issue)

3. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Server:
    Phoenix
    It does seem strange. The only thing I've had similar to this is when a new patch is available but the launcher doesn't update so when I login it fails the version check.

The only way I fix my issue is to keep trying until it actually happens. I think when it happened last patch it took 4 days of trying for it to finally update.

4. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    Well i am on day 10 or so(some players have had the issue for months and unsubbed), tried about 30 or more times to download, re-installed 3x, used a google dns, tried port forwarding and yeah.....
    It would seem they do not care to think it's a serious issue, someone on the SE forum phoned them and they basically said to try port forward or the issue is the isp. Total nonsense as i have had the same isp for years and no issue until the Saturday preceeding last update.
    Oh well at this point they may end up loosing a long time customer, very unfortunate but they are not willing to help countless customers affected.
    I litterally have tried everything, only last ditch effort i suppose is to try downloading at my brother as he has a different isp
    I feel like i am letting the FC down that i am leader of, though it's totally out of my hands

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/48otsa/error_20512_25008_ps4/
    Sums it up really

5. tyler hautamaki

tyler hautamaki New Member

Just purchased digital PC version of this today and i am now getting this same error code. Can't post on square enix forums since i don't have a character yet and their support page is rather lax.

6. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    I had ended up using a VPN service and finally it worked.
    It happened again when i switched from PS4 to PS4 Pro.
    I basically assigned a static IP address, port forwarded and used a VPN.
    I believe i also had changed MTU settings.
    For PC perhaps try a VPN service, it may help.
    Support really is non existent for this issue as people over in the official forums still have this issue (and very old issue at that)