**Unable to complete version Check**

Discussion in 'FFXIV ARR Bugs and Errors' started by Karnage7474, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Jovian25

Jovian25 Newbie

I have tried everything everyone has suggested. This is my first time installing the game. I have installed it more than 10 times and got to the launcher with the help of you guys since i had some error but not I'm getting a new one.

Unable to Complete Version Check.
    [30410][30607][20457][404]

Plz help want to play the game ....... i so hard to play haha ty!
  2. Womprat

Womprat Newbie

I just downloaded the game last night and am stuck with the exact same error, not sure if I've been getting older boot folders, but if anyone could help it would be great.
  3. cryptte

cryptte Member

Whenever I got version check errors it was because the launcher was an older version and for some reason, it couldn't update itself to the most recent version. The most recent update was an emergency one that happened around the 13th of September. Here is my boot folder. Backup your present boot folder just in-case anything goes wrong but this should work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oy40jn4ql0sogg6/boot.rar

Also check to see after copying, whether the new boot file or folder has reverted to read only. If so, umtick, apply and run.

Good luck to the both of you. This happened to me a couple of times so I know you must be feeling right now.
  4. Karnage7474

Karnage7474 Newbie

guys i need the latest boot files plz >< plz that link to other forum ...well forum removed that post....so i need them files plox thx
  5. cryptte

cryptte Member

Have you tried the one I put up? It should be the latest
  6. nz_chic

nz_chic Active Member

I played fine yesterday and because I downloaded the digital version over top of the EA version its now doing an update from 10th of August? I would have thought it was only going to update from the last one. . Waiting ages
  7. Darkwes

Darkwes Member

I started getting this error message today "Unable to complete version check Error [30605][504]". Tried to uncheck the read-only, installed the game again, but nothing seems to work. Any1 getting the same problem or have a sugestion about how to make it work again?
  8. Morecito

Morecito Newbie

Hi all,

Here's my case, I come from ff xiv 1.0 so I downloaded the launcher from a SE given link for older ffxiv players, and I paid a 6 months subscription. First time I loaded the launcher it seemed to work properly and started downloading a lot of files, but never worked again. Since then, this was like 4 or 5 days ago, I've been trying all kind of stuff with no success.

My launcher loads, but seems to load partially as I can't see images nor log in to the game. I've tried to uninstall / reinstall, use administrator permits, antivirus, only read tick, connection restart and so on but I'm stuck at the same point. I thought that maybe it could be the PC itself but to make sure that my PC could run the game I did the benchmark for this version and the result was Extremely High Performance.

I don't know if someone can give me any clue about how the **** solve this issue. I would really appreciate any kind of help, It's quite frustrating and SE does not even answer to my complaints.
  9. Takissis

Takissis Member

This worked perfectly. Thank you.
  10. who0ozhu

who0ozhu New Member

i was updating the game and almost 20MB left then suddenly something pops up.....

that picture...

then i restarted the luncher and run it again and it went back to 1gig+ something left then updated fails then error pops up

Unable to update files.
    [11006][20641][20642][20600]

can someone help me?????

Attached Files:

11. Jet Magnum

Jet Magnum Member

I'm now getting it, but server suppose to be down on monday:(
  12. DemonikWarlock

DemonikWarlock New Member

I am having Unable to complete Version Check with this most recent update. I NEED a current boot file
  13. jisun_e

jisun_e New Member

My boot folder (as of today): https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcn0yn7hvjt146u/boot.zip

See if that works. AFAIK mine's fully updated and I've had no issues with updates. Mine's from Steam, if that matters any.
  14. DemonikWarlock

That boot file didn't help for some reason .....

still getting Unable to complete Version Check
  15. DemonikWarlock

Also, in middle of trying to figure out other ways to get it to work
  16. DemonikWarlock

Took awhile ..... the Update is Finally INSTALLING
  17. Vayne Aurelius

Vayne Aurelius New Member

any update on how you did it? can someone pls link/upload their current boot folder too
  18. Hexploit Fusion

Hexploit Fusion Newbie

Hey, Hexploit here! Nice to meet everyone! I just baught this gme new today on 04/12/2014 and I installed it from the cd, and after install was complete I keep getting the unqable to complete version check [30505][20448][10009][10019] . I guess I need to download someone's working boot folder? Does anyone have a working one after the latest patch on 04/09/2014 ? PLEASE help I haven't even been able to log in to vreate my first character yet! I have been trying every answer I could find online in forums, user-created sites for FF14 etc,., etc,., and NOTHING is working. Iwill give it one more day then I guess i'll return the game to the store and buy a WoW gametime card. I am sick and tired of WoW and my oldest son recommended FF14 saying it blos WoW out of the water. But what is theuse of the game if you can't even log in at all? Thanks in advance for whomever is able to help me or even tryies. Hope to see all of you ingame!