Trading items between characters...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frappuccino, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frappuccino

Frappuccino Member

Say I wanted to trade the Fantasia (appearance change) item from one character to another. Has anyone tried this yet?
  2. Mike Snow

Mike Snow Newbie

So I found a slight way around this, basically any item that you can sell on the market, you can trade between characters. Just put a price for an item that you want at a very low value ( or very high value if you want to swap gil between characters) and quickly switch between characters and but the item. Granted you take the risk that someone else buys the item before you swap to the other character, but if done at a time that isn't too busy, I don't think this will be much of an issue. As far as the fantasia goes, if you can't sell it, this doesn't really help. But I figured it's at least good to know!
  3. Fybrile

Fybrile Moderator

No, you won't be able to trade that specific item. If you check out the bottom of the item's info card, you'll see that it says "untradeable", meaning, you can't give it to anyone other than yourself. Many of the items you get for subscription and/or CE bonuses are untradeable, as are most of the gear and other equipment you can obtain from dungeons. However, as Mike Snow said, you can set your item up on the Marketboard, and sell it to yourself if it's tradeable.

To avoid someone else purchasing your item, set it for a very high price. At the very least, it's unlikely anyone who wants that item is unlikely to search it, find it and buy it before you can log out and log back in on the other character (who, of course, you will park right at the marketboards.) Then, to get the coin back, just put a regular potion on sale for an insane sum of gil, and get your money back that way.

The only time you should never trade anything with yourself over the market boards is if there are no other items than the one you're selling. That means it's a highly-mobile commodity, and it's very likely people are sitting at the boards refreshing every few seconds trying to buy it up.

Good luck!
  4. Fybrile

Fybrile Moderator

This thread has been locked because it contains the same subject as another thread that was recently created.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.