Time Zone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hyoda, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Aster

Aster Active Member

EST -5
  2. PendragonXIV

PendragonXIV Active Member

GMT for me UK resident!
    mwyn likes this.
  3. Shigaru

Shigaru Active Member

GMT - 6. A lot of CSTs here! I'm not from Chicago, though, I'm in the St. Louis area
    Hyoda likes this.
  4. ethanrae

ethanrae Newbie

I'm not used to this weather either, but probably not in the way you're not used to this weather. It's still in the 30s in North Dakota right now. So, to me, this is warm.
  5. Hyoda

Hyoda Active Member

Haha you're exactly right! Back home its around the 100s.
  6. cr2032

cr2032 New Member

UTC -5 (est) North Carolina here :cool:
  7. Rostnhaemr Zirnundsyn

Rostnhaemr Zirnundsyn Well Known Member

8. metallicorphan

metallicorphan Active Member

We're on BST(British Summer Time) at the moment,which is GMT+1
  9. Vell

Vell Member

GMT +9 Japan here, and the server selection is killing me because of it. I really don't feel like speaking Japanese at work all day only to use Japanese in my games as well, but the ping to the Japanese servers is obviously so much better.
    metallicorphan likes this.
  10. metallicorphan

I think perhaps you should try communicating entirely with emotes,that should make for some interesting parties ;)
  11. A SIlly Sausage

A SIlly Sausage Active Member

12. Livify

Livify Active Member

Same for me :)
    FloDaddelt likes this.
  13. FloDaddelt

FloDaddelt Active Member

Hi there, wow you're on Moogle a friend of me who also lives in Cologne is on Moogle too.

But I decided to go with an FC+Linkshell so joined Ingeunity on Cerberus for Beta3. Not too sure yet, where I'll be going for phase4 as Cerberus seemed a bit low in population to me.

How's it going on Moogle?

P.s. Stadtteil ? ;)
  14. rhkim85

rhkim85 New Member

I live in Korea and if its of any consequence, I see virtually no difference in regard to ping when playing on NA servers versus those located in the other two Regions.
    metallicorphan likes this.
  15. metallicorphan

thats interesting to know,as i live in EU and all my FF11 friends are Americans

I am not really sure how server pings work overall...could the little difference be your connection/broadband(maybe being excellent)?,or once you are on the servers is that it,you are on?
  16. rhkim85

rhkim85 New Member

To be extremely honest, the connection speeds in South Korea are pretty insane. Fiber-optic-grade internet connections are more of a standard than a luxury here, and yes, all of the stories you hear are true: if you want to marry a Korean girl, you must first defeat her father in a game of Starcraft before he gives you his blessing.
    FloDaddelt and metallicorphan like this.
  17. metallicorphan

18. Vell

Vell Member

It is the same here in Japan. Fiber to every home is the norm, not a luxury. As such, a fiber connection to a sever 10km away from you is about as good as being on the same network. On the other hand, it is complete overkill and the connection to Canada (while not nearly as good) is certainly adequate (especially on a PvE centric game like FFXIV). I think I just answered my own question =)
  19. CrimsonMars

CrimsonMars Member

Eastern, Michigan
  20. Lucien McFly

Lucien McFly Active Member

Dang looks like Florida is getting some rep on here
    EST South Fl, and ill probably be on all the time this weekend gotta break in the new beta :D