Thoughts on looting system?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fluttersnipe, Jul 31, 2013.

1. fluttersnipe

fluttersnipe Active Member

What do you all think of the way looting works? The fact that the items auto loot and add to your inventory is kind of sucky to me tbh. Its not a huge gripe, but it causes me to never really pay attention to my inventory. And I never really notice if I pick up anything useful because its just a text popup. I hadnt even noticed I picked up a green item until I noticed the tutorial icon saying I picked up a green item lol.

On a side note, im also kind of disappointed that you get a massive inventory by default. I always enjoyed finally making a larger bag or saving up enough money to purchase the massive ones :(.
  2. joshua david

joshua david Member

i ran into similar issues in P3. i would be in a rush, get something and forget where/what it was. it would be nice if it had a *NEW* icon of some sort around it in order to stand out. (especially b4 u can dump things on your retainer). i would even be grateful if dungeon loot gave you a comparison to current equipped gear so i could PASS when appropriate.
  3. Onion1911

Onion1911 Member

My thoughts on the looting system are that to me personally, they are fine.

I have a tendency to just auto-loot if given the option regardless. Though I feel I am more organized than most /shifty eyes.

I usually sort all items I get in the secondary bags by type, and normally leave the first bag open for all the random loot I pick up. Once I notice it getting full, I do my little inventory management and sort everything into the secondary bags and sell anything useless.

With doing it that way, having things just enter your inventory automatically is just more efficient. :confused:

The suggestion about the *NEW* icon of some sort sounds pretty good too, would not mind seeing that implemented in game. :D
  4. Luko

Luko Well Known Member

Actually take all of this and flip it. I feel pretty much the exact opposite, haha.

I love that I don't have to stop and loot enemies. I love that I start out with a huge inventory and I love that the tedium of item management is all but non existent.

To each their own, though. :)
    Kimmy likes this.
  5. Kimmy

Kimmy Member

While I haven't played the game at all yet, I have to agree with Luko. I love the idea of auto-looting! At the same time, I can see myself picking up some good equipment and not realizing for a long time. But I'm okay with that. There are other MMOs I play where I forget to loot stuff sometimes. So that's loot that was completely wasted! Maybe that wolf had eaten some epic sword or something and I missed out on that. :shifty:

Oh and the idea of a large inventory right from the start... sooo much love! <3 Every MMO I've played, I -always- run into inventory issues. Never enough space! :mad:
  6. fluttersnipe

Im sure Im in the minority on this topic lol. Dunno why, but pulling random grey items off dead mobs adds to the atmosphere for me, not a lot mind you. But the auto loot without a window just makes me forget about my inventory!

The bag space irks me though ;). Huge inventory space right off the bat feels like spoiling to me.
    Jenarie likes this.
  7. Rejha

Rejha Member

Big big big inventory! Yesss!

HOW big is it? I haven't gotten a chance to play yet, but the bigger the better for me!
  8. Luko

Luko Well Known Member

Like 100 slots, I believe. Right off the bat.
  9. fluttersnipe

Rejha Its 5 bags that are 6x6,, iirc.

Thats one other silly complaint I have, is the armor/weapon inventory. I like thay you have a spot just for your important items, but let ME decide what to put in there! Having items auto sort to that inventory just adds another layer to wade through to get to new items!

Silly complaints.
  10. Rejha

Rejha Member

Woah nelly! That's a lot of slots! I usually get itemblocked really quick in MMOs!

What's this retainer thing you kids are always going on about :?
  11. Onion1911

Onion1911 Member

The Retainers are NPCs you can acquire (two tatal I believe,) that you can use as extra item storage. You can also sell said items on the Market (Auction House thingy) using your retainer.
  12. Kolossus

Kolossus Active Member

If you look at the mini-graphics representing your character's inventory and bag inventory in the lower right hand corner, I believe the dots colors show up according to the item type. So if you win the lot on a green/pink/white, it will show up as the appropriately colored dot in the little diagram. I realize it doesn't tell you what the item is, but it helps you to know where things are at a glance, and you can click each diagram to access that inventory section. None of this applies to the Armory Chest, though.
  13. GenRiur

GenRiur Active Member

I like auto looting and big bags. One of my main irks in MMO's was always having a full inventory in 10 minutes and having to either sit there and filter through what I didn't want or go back and sell. The fact that I can run around slaughtering things for an hour before having to empty is great, also allows me to focus on the fun parts of the game in which bag management is not.
  14. Alvarion

Alvarion Active Member

You get 100 slots in your normal inventory split up into 4 25 slot bags. You also get 100 slots for gear and only gear. So, 200 total slots.

Not to mention your retainer and Armoir.
  15. Raiga

Raiga Member

I like the big inventory TBH. One less thing to worry about (bags are stupidly expensive most of the time), and I can play more, walk back to town less.
  16. Cynessae

Cynessae Active Member

Well, the big inventory almost has to be there, since you can't get your retainer (re: bank, and then some) until around level 20. The large inventory was more than enough until then, but in phase 3 I was starting to fill up close to level 20 and needed some place to put stuff, especially if you start crafting before then.

I say the inventory is fine. Also, as a ranged class, I find the auto-looting awesome, because then I don't have to go out of my way to run up to the corpse and loot, I can just move on right after the kill.
    Rejha likes this.