The mighty onion slayer joins the game!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kain Izayoi, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Kain Izayoi

Kain Izayoi New Member

Server:
    Odin
    Yo!

I'm newbie here, and ready to mingle!

18 y.o from Finland/Helsinki finally decided to join the FFXIV (I don't know where i been my whole life and missing this awesome MMO game o/)

I'm also huge fan of Final Fantasy! Well actually I'm in love with *Final Fantasy: IV After Years and the moment i saw the Lancer/Dragoon class (which reminds me of Kain Highwind from FFIV

Besides from my introduction feel free to ask me questions if you have!

Thanks and have fun fellas

2. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    Welcome to the realm Almighty Onion Slayer :)

3. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Welcome to Realm and to the game! Don't hesitate to post your questions, etc!

4. Kain Izayoi

Kain Izayoi New Member

Server:
    Odin
    Hey there, and thank you for the warm welcome!

I've one question actually (ok maybe few question :/)

I looked through Mog Station and i found awesome in-game costumes.
    But how does these costumes work? Do I've to link the costumes to my gear? If so then later if i find better gears am i able to link it to the another or the costume isn't permament?

How do i join Free Company? Or do I've to ask people for invite ?

What's the differences with mounts? Are some of them faster than others?

* And for last! (Sorry i might have too many questions after all :()
    As Lancer/Dragoon main, if i pick Arcanist as sub-class am i able to summon Familiar/Pet? ( I heard your able to summon Wyvern pet :eek:

Tyvm (and sorry for many questions again ://)

5. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

"Costumes"—for the time being if you want to wear that outfit you have to actually equip it. When in battle you'll want to switch back to your battle gear. At level 50 you can unlock glamours which will allow you to make your gear look like any other piece of equippable gear using glamour prisms. You can change the look back and forth and undo the glamour at your convenience, but it does require the use of an item which you can either craft or buy off the mb.

Free Company—you'll want to find a free company that suits your interests, be they raiding hardcore or casual, learning and levelling, or crafting and gathering, etc. Most FCs do a little of everything but tend to be better at one or two things than the others. I run a FC on Brynhildr that caters mostly to learning and teaching. To join a FC, different FCs use different processes, mine asks that people fill out an ap on our website, but for most you can right click one of their FC members and select "apply to free company" and they'll add you whenever someone of appropriate rank is online to do so.

Mounts are all the same speed, etc. Though some can fly and some can't (flying is only in Heavensward which is a long way off for you). Only your chocobo can be customized at all using different Bardings to adjust its look. It can also be used as a companion to fight beside you but that's basically treated as an entirely separate process from the actual riding of the chocobo.

Each class is separate, though they may share some crossclass skills with each other, it won't be specialty skills like summoning pets from ACN or jumps from DRG. It'll mostly be buffs and minor heals that get shared, as well as the occasional mediocre attack. You can be all jobs and shouldn't hesitate to try them out, any mistakes you might make are only minor and can be fixed easily (such as allocating the wrong attributes).

6. Jinzuku

Jinzuku Vice Administrator

Top Poster Of Month

Server:
    Phoenix
    Welcome to the Realm and the game
    :hello:

7. Kain Izayoi

Kain Izayoi New Member

Server:
    Odin
    Ohh well i'll still buy the costume just for motivation to level up.

I'm still lone wolf without FC (because i met mostly French/Germany people in dungeons. And yes i usually choose Guild/Clan/FC via dungeon :( I'm weird like that):haha:

Ohh how do i use my chocobo to fight with me? I pressed all key/button but couldnt find anything about my chocobo.

Yeah I'm willing to start Conjurer soon for Cure/Cura (well mostly because It's my 2nd favourite class :eek:)

I actually thought i could summon Wyvern but too bad :( (Guess ot was available in FF XI only)

Thank you again GeekMatt for your assistance \[/]/
    And hey Jinzuku and thanks for the warm welcome :awshucks:

8. GeekMatt

GeekMatt Moderator

Keep in mind dungeons draw people from multiple servers but you can only be in one from your server.

You have to unlock the chocobo companion feature, idr how

9. Ish

Ish Scion

Server:
    Leviathan
    I believe the Chocobo companion is at around level 15 and soon after if memory serves you get to use as a fighting/healing companion.
    This was 3 years ago so i do not recall exactly, lol
    Best of luck to you