Guide The Guide Bounties Board

Discussion in 'Guide Discussion' started by Fybrile, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    Well, I'm back from my vacation and first order of business was sending out those PMs. This is all a new process for me, so apologies for the delay. In the future, I'll be sending out PMs and collecting info etc. by the 23rd, to make sure there's no uncertainty before the end of the month, as well as to give myself more time to get my credit card in order :sour:

Anyways, with the Facebook contest this month, 240 hours of gametime and one 2-star prize have been given away!

We're putting a short hold on bounty sign-ups for a 24-48 hour period as we wrap up July's bounties and prepare for August's. Anyone that has already signed up but not published their Guide yet, don't worry, you can still collect for 30 days!

Thanks again to our amazing Guide writers for their awesome Guides! Make sure you check them out and give them a rating!

2. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    The Guide Bounties have been updated, and are open for sign-ups!

Jinzuku likes this.
  3. Jeth

Jeth Bounty Hunter I

Server:
    Exodus (NA)
    So I got a little bit of time on my hands at work today and wrote the Roleplay guide. Lemme know what you guys think of it.

Jinzuku and Fybrile like this.
  4. wildbillhdmax01

wildbillhdmax01 Bounty Hunter II

Server:
    Mateus
    Um, these Bounties IMHO are not all that great, and that's why I think no one is signing up. I think the best one is Ultimate Crafter's Guide.

Now If I may ask, since I've already done a 3 star last time, I was think of doing a couple of 1 stars, but what would that get me since I've already have the bander, and Trophies?

5. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    It would get you a few more trophies! And a higher Bounty Hunter level (bragging rights!). And, of course, the deep admiration of the Realm community for offering more great Guides!!!

Jinzuku, GeekMatt and wildbillhdmax01 like this.
  6. wildbillhdmax01

Server:
    Mateus
    All I needed to know! I don't need the deep admiration, you guys can keep that.

7. Kylie

Kylie Bounty Hunter III

Server:
    Brynhildr
    @Fybrile Sorry, I withdrew from the Fishing and Chocobo racing guides.

8. Caimie Tsukino

Caimie Tsukino Realm Scribe

Server:
    Zalera
    I'd like to sign up for the Ultimate Crafter's Guide. It's already in progress together with a gathering one.

Jinzuku, Kylie, Fybrile and 1 other person like this.
  9. Kylie

Kylie Bounty Hunter III

Server:
    Brynhildr
    don't you already have like the best crafting and gathering guides on the web? XD

10. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    Unfortunately, half that guide is outdated already!
    Artisan gear and Lucis tools are now completely outmatched by normal crafted gear.
    And also, those old 3 star and 4 star items are now easily craftable as long as you have level 54+.... Those tricky rotations we developed back in ARR is no longer needed.
    New challenges have arisen that people are stuck on, which I intend to explain how to overcome.
    New crafting skills, new end-game system etc all needs to be documented.
    So many things have changed! ..... except one - still, the best crafter is not that one with the best stats, but the one that actually can make the best use of her/his stats :)

11. wildbillhdmax01

Server:
    Mateus
    But what about us late crafter? Will the guide be any help to us?

Caimie Tsukino and Kylie like this.
  12. Kylie

Kylie Bounty Hunter III

Server:
    Brynhildr
    ^ I agree. Restarting myself I have yet to even start leveling my crafters. I hope being an Ultimate crafting guide you'll include level process from 1-50 Then 50-60

And also I would highly advise it that you make the 51-60 stuff OPTIONAL because its only valid for people who buy the expansion.

Caimie Tsukino likes this.
  13. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    If you're not an all-50 Builder of the Realm yet, the first half of the original crafting guide will still apply to you (ch1 to ch13).

After ch14, things were about "end-game", and that part is changed significantly.

And it is that part - post 50 - that needs a new heavensward guide. This is much like battle classes on that aspect that pre 50 hasnt changed much, but post-50 is different.

14. Kylie

Kylie Bounty Hunter III

Server:
    Brynhildr
    Then I think you need to edit and tweak your old guide appropriately rather than make a new guide. This will be more useful and keep it a true "ULTIMATE" guide rather than, "ULTIMATE lvls 50-60 3.05 guide" ya'know?

15. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    Yea, probably. I have been debating on that for quite a bit by now. On one hand it's good to modify and continue (especially because everyone already bookmarked that page), on the other hand, it's somewhat clunky to keep outdated content. But to delete outdated content is not a good idea either because people who don't play to buy Heavensward will still need those parts. So, I may end up having to flag those parts as outdated content, and then add a "Part 3" of the guide as the Heavensward section... It's just complicated.

16. Fybrile

Fybrile Administrator

Server:
    Cactaur
    The old Guide is already split into two parts - the first of which consists of 18, 500+ words (or the equivalent of x55 full A4-sized pages). It takes you a good few minutes just to scroll to the bottom of the page to "Like" it. Caimie's got the right of it. Needs to be it's own separate section.

17. Kylie

Kylie Bounty Hunter III

Server:
    Brynhildr
    WAIT WAIT WAIT! I have an idea!

Caimes Ultimate crafting guides! Split the guides updated for the new 3.0 series between Beginners, Intermediates, and Advanced crafting. Beginners being the process of 1-50 and basics, Intermediates being lvl50 crafting Without the expansion, and Advanced crafting being 51+ stuff.

Hows this idea? It would separate the guides for normal users and let them select and pick what guide they wan't to read and help keep it cleaner in the long run.

18. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    Yea, thanks. Splitting it into 3 parts is probably the way to go. But defining post-50 without expansion as "intermediate" seems rather unfair to those experts who just dont have expansions. I think i will use the 3 part idea, and make part 1 for pre 50, part 2 for post 50 ARR, and part 3 for post 50 HW, just like you suggested, but without the label of "beginner, intermediate and advanced".

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  19. Caimie Tsukino

Server:
    Zalera
    55 pages???!!! Good lord, what have i created...

Anyway, sending over outdated content to part 2 will help shorten part 1 to make it more scrollable and more organized as well.

GeekMatt and Fybrile like this.
  20. Kylie

Kylie Bounty Hunter III

Server:
    Brynhildr
    I wan't to put up a bounty for a guide on how to best level Free companies. Tactics and more, and explain everything about them I can't find ANY solid info ANYWHERE.

Reward... I have no real reward to give. Or if anyone knows a guide already made for FCs please god link me...